Episode 227

Status
Not open for further replies.

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Re:Chapter 227

Thx a lot for your scan SaiyajinNoOuji ! Great chapter as usuall !! And for what Smith says : Does he also suffer a wound from Godhand like Guts?

I don't think someone could reply to this now. Anyway, if anyone does, I would like to know where he learn this. But most probably, it must be skully, we don't know his past yet, but he didn't seems to agree to the fact that guts take this armor. So, let's hope that Miura-Sensei will make some chapters about the story of Skully, Flora and Zodd. And something strange too, Zodd didn't seems to know Flora no ?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Smith the Idiot said:
Btw, flashing back the image of the previous onwer by Shierke, why was the person sprewing blood all over his bodies?​
You're so stupid.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....

ha i wake up and BAM new chapter is up wow this is a good way to start the day thanks Saiyajin omg guts is in deep shit theres no way this figth is gonna end in a good way the mans body must be all mangled in that armor jesus i say guts skully and the group will have to pull back on this one

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!

Wow, as usual, an awesome chapter!!! Thank you so much Saiyajin. I greatly appreciate this.

Guts really use his whole body to create an explosive attack. Usually his two feet is planted on the ground but now I see him doing flips and crazyass dives attack. The armour reminds me of the Guyver. Not by appearance but the way how the suit gives him un-human powers. He now have the ability to heal any broken bones. After this fight is over, I hope Guts wil be able to regain his humanity after he takes off his armour (if he can technicaly take it off, still not sure the nature of his new armour). I don't want this new armour to be his permantly new form.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

I found it odd that his left arm (namely the prosthetic) was whipped it back into alignment.

I guess the armor treats it as a real arm, hmm.

I guess it just reinforces the idea that Guts's prosthetic acts as a real one on the material level due to his spirit treating it as one on the astral* plane.

*It is the astral plane right? If not then which plane is his spirit on

BTW, thanks Ouji.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Woland said:
I found it odd that his left arm (namely the prosthetic) was whipped it back into alignment.

Well, I rather think that is was the elbow (c'est bien le coude non?) that got broken and that the armor put it back in the right position... It would be ridiculous to reestablish a bone which isn't here no?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

Aquedesin said:
Well, I rather think that is was the elbow (c'est bien le coude non?) that got broken and that the armor put it back in the right position... It would be ridiculous to reestablish a bone which isn't here no?
that image of two bones was his lower leg. Had me thinking the same thing too...

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

Aquedesin said:

I thought the wrist was also realigned.

I don't think the armor in and of itself is the reason the past user of it (Gaiseric?) is bleeding. The armor doesn't damage the owner as this chapter shows, merely makes them disregard their wounds. It wasn't necessarily a godhand wound, but i would bet the past owner was pretty messed up by the time he donned the armor as well.

On another note, thanks for the great scans, I can't tell the double page spreads are supposed to be two pages!

P

psymont

serpico really should pick his jaw up off the floor, start discombobulating some apostles with fancy foot work and make mince meat out of them with his feather from 30 or so feet away ....

of course, it seems all eyes are on the big fight and i guess little sqirmishes would detract from the main event .... even zodd and sk are chillin'

BigFire

King King King Gainer

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Here you go folks... Goes to 19... Enjoy!

http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20227/01.jpg

Also, for those that like to draw ;D Here are two HIGH quality scans of everyones favorite new apostile... Grumbelio...

http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20227/HighQualtiy.zip

Enjoy!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Interesting. In page 7, when Grumbelio change into his apostle form, he yelled out "The Apostle of the Hawk of Light".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

BigFire said:
Interesting. In page 7, when Grumbelio change into his apostle form, he yelled out "The Apostle of the Hawk of Light".

Yeah, it's an interesting phrase but... not really a big secret.

Rumil Erutan said:
I don't think the armor in and of itself is the reason the past user of it (Gaiseric?) is bleeding. The armor doesn't damage the owner as this chapter shows, merely makes them disregard their wounds. It wasn't necessarily a godhand wound, but i would bet the past owner was pretty messed up by the time he donned the armor as well.

Um......did u miss the whole deal with the armour piercing Gutz with those thorns? If the user of the armour breaks a bone, the armour will re-align it by piercing the user with thorns to hold the bone in place.

Saiki said:
Um......did u miss the whole deal with the armour piercing Gutz with those thorns? If the user of the armour breaks a bone, the armour will re-align it by piercing the user with thorns to hold the bone in place.

It still doesn't make sense... for that much blood to be spurting out of the gaiseric character he must have broken nearly every bone in his body below his neck. Guts didn't bleed in the armor just because he was in the armor, it was due to old wounds and the fact the armor let him act as if they weren't there, further aggravating them. Read the end of 226 where he starts bleeding, before any bones were healed.

"A human will subconitiously hold themselves back to not hurt themselves. Pain is like an alert to keep one's body from damaging itself. When one forgets about pain, they will show immense power. [...] Breaking the boundaries of the body, in exchange for the endangerment of one's life"

EDIT IN - Yes the thorns setting the bones may count as damage, but if he is truly integrated with the suit it may not cause huge bleeding, plus it could be counted as healing him as well. In either case they aren't the primary source of Guts bleeding while in it. Indirectly the armor causes it, removes the pain of his wounds so he makes his wounds worse by fighting in a way that disregards them.... but not in and of itself.

Quote from Scherkie

"The precious user of that armour had his entire body pierced with copper thorns. All bones were broken and he kept fighting till all blood had spurt out."

No offense, but at least understand what is said in the manga b4 making any assumptions

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

"Entrust everything to me."

I'm going to go with the Beast's word here. Regardless of the damage it's doing to Guts, it probably knows exactly what it's doing 8) .

O

Ozmo

The previous wearer of the armor was probably pretty messed up too when he was bleeding like that. 'Tis not hard at all if you take a few hits from something dangerous enough for you to have to get decked in an armor like that to fight.

Guts' leg looks pretty worrying. The several millimeter thick "spikes" have impaled his bone from several places, he'll never walk again if those things are removed. Even with Miura's knowledge of human physiology. :)

I don't know much Japanese so can't go by any text in 227, and no translation is up. It seemed by the text in 226 that the blood was spurting before any bones were broken and that for Guts at least that ythe armor in and of itself wasn't the major cause. Odd that they are copper. It seemed reasonable to me that the suit in setting bones would do so in a way as to not kill the owner, but i guess it does fit in more with a berserker armor to have it so the person can fight and disregard all else.

I guess all the bones below his neck were broken then. :-[

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!

Guts could have been getting hurt when he was fighting those first apostles too. The armor let him take a biting and keep on fighting but they were probably still doing harm and and he was just fighting through it.
Guts arm was definitely broken at the elbow on his real arm also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom