Episode 263

Noid said:
Maybe the God-Hand feeds on the power of the souls that the apostles sacrifices

Big speculation, I don't think it works like that. There is no proof about anything related to the reason of the power of the God hands except that they were choosen by Idea by means of the red behelit.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
kimedog said:
I just want to know one thing...
When are they going to show some kickass Rakshas fighting???
Unless it switches back to Griffith and his group, I doubt we'll see Rakshas too soon (however this is pure speculation based on nothing at all :troll:).

Shinryuu

Person in a Place at a Time
Well, Rakshas is connected to Silatt...  I wouldn't expect to see much more of Rakshas until Silatt shows up again.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Shinryuu said:
Well, Rakshas is connected to Silatt...  I wouldn't expect to see much more of Rakshas until Silatt shows up again.

Actually Rakshas is connected to Griffith.  Rakshas actually fought against Silatt's Tapasa earlier in the manga.

He's connected to both of them. He's probably an apostle thus he's connected to Griffith for obvious reasons, and not so obvious ones like wanting to cut off his beautiful head. However he's also connected to Silat and the Bakiraka, he was once a member of their tribe but was kicked out/left under a less than desirable light.

He's more connected to Griffith obviously, but he's always the one to confront Silat (and the Tapasa) whenever Griffith's forces encounter the Bakiraka. First when Griffith and the apostles first met, then when the Neo Hawks assaulted Wyndham, and who know's. Then again we're not really sure where or what Silat is doing, whether he's following Ganishka's command's, or disobeying them to try.

R

-rob-

Noid said:
Maybe the God-Hand feeds on the power of the souls that the apostles sacrifices; if Ganishka become more powerful, Griffith will be forever a little (or a lot) more powerful than Ganishka.

If that's the case imagine the power Griffith will get if Guts dies? :guts:

Also, it really really looks like Guts said something at the end of this Episode... Are you guys pulling another prank? lol (j/k)

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
Lol was about to make a post but saw HawaiinStallion had said everything I was about to say word for word...

Anyways Rakshas fighting so far has been dodging blows and making the Bakiraka look slow and stupid ;).

Silat seems to be torn between serving Ganishka, the demon king, and fighting to help save the world. (We still don't know if Griffith is the hawk of light or darkness).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kimedog said:
We still don't know if Griffith is the hawk of light or darkness

We know for sure that he's both. And he will bring an era of darkness to the world (according to the prophecy).

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Between the two, Griffith and Ganishka, I feel Griff is the lesser evil. At least we've seen him act noble every so often. As far as I can tell, Ganishka is a sadistic tyrant.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Exactly, I think Griffith is as evil as they come. He may not show it like Ganishka, but I have a feeling once he's become King of Midland, his evil side will start to show through. He may be even worse than Ganishka in the end. :SK:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Rhombaad said:
Exactly, I think Griffith is as evil as they come.  He may not show it like Ganishka, but I have a feeling once he's become King of Midland, his evil side will start to show through.  He may be even worse than Ganishka in the end. :SK:

What makes you think so?

:judo: <-?

R

-rob-

Rhombaad said:
Exactly, I think Griffith is as evil as they come.  He may not show it like Ganishka, but I have a feeling once he's become King of Midland, his evil side will start to show through.  He may be even worse than Ganishka in the end. :SK:

I agree, he'll probably end up turning on the NeoHawks too eventually. (Like he did the original Hawks)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
"Griffith No More!" said:
What makes you think so?

Well, so far he's only shown his "Hawk of Light" personality.  I imagine his "Hawk of Darkness" side won't be too pretty, especially if it's anything like Femto.

-rob- said:
I agree, he'll probably end up turning on the NeoHawks too eventually. (Like he did the original Hawks)

I dunno about turning on the Neo Hawks, but I doubt the human portion of Midland will be safe (including those following him at the moment).

Aazealh said:
We know for sure that he's both. And he will bring an era of darkness to the world (according to the prophecy).
He shall save the world by bringing an era of darkness

Rhombaad said:
I dunno about turning on the Neo Hawks, but I doubt the human portion of Midland will be safe (including those following him at the moment).

He might end up turning on against the God Hands. That would be really cool if Miura had planned this.  :carcus:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
-rob- said:

Wouldn't that be a good thing, considering the meat of the Neo Hawks are Apostles? In any case, under what circumstances would he turn on his men now? Is he going to become a God Hand twice?

I can certainly see a conflict with Apostles and people living together, but he didn't exactly "turn on" the original Hawks in the first place. Not lightly. Not out of wickedness for the sake of wickedness.

Rhombaad said:
Well, so far he's only shown his "Hawk of Light" personality.  I imagine his "Hawk of Darkness" side won't be too pretty, especially if it's anything like Femto.

I don't see how acts of benevolence foreshadows great evilness to come, let alone beyond what we've seen from Ganishka. Is Griffith going to murder everybody and decorate the capital of his Kingdom with the bloody bodies of the dead? Use pregnant women to create daka, maybe?

I personally think Griffith is capable of anything under the right circumstances, especially if he's pushed. But let's not forget he isn't a one-dimensional villain here, fellas. He's never been just the bad guy (well, he was in volume 3 =). Anyway, if his ends are more sinister than we've even seen, I think it's going to be something a little bigger than just killing people. Afterall, he's still playing hero, for whatever reason.

Rhombaad said:

Indeed, it's going be very interesting to see how the dust settles.

Hey, holy shit, Guts is going to talk to Owen in this upcoming chapter. We should be talking more about this. Aaz and I are hoping for at least a cryptic warning about Griffith. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I personally think Griffith is capable of anything under the right circumstances, especially if he's pushed. But let's not forget he isn't a one-dimensional villain here, fellas. He's never been just the bad guy (well, he was in volume 3 =). Anyway, if his ends are more sinister than we've even seen, I think it's going to be something a little bigger than just killing people. Afterall, he's still playing hero, for whatever reason.

I completely agree that he isn't a one-dimensional villain.  He's much more complicated than that.  I just have a feeling that he won't stop at just becoming King of Midland and settle down to rule the kingdom in a just manner.  I also doubt he's going to decorate the capital with corpses of the Midland citizens.  I just think he may reveal a more evil side to him once he's attained his dream.

Hey, holy shit, Guts is going to talk to Owen in this upcoming chapter. We should be talking more about this. Aaz and I are hoping for at least a cryptic warning about Griffith. :guts:

I can't wait until Thursday!  I, too, am hoping for a warning that Griffith isn't what he seems to be.  It might start out as a snowball but end in an avalanche if enough people are turned against Griffith when he tries to take the throne.  Oh well, nothing but speculation for now.  I just hope Guts' companions get to listen in a little bit, but I kind of doubt it, what with Miura setting it up with the group off and away from Guts and Owen.

Its probably not going to be even anything Griffith does directly, and if it is, it will most likely be because of the Idea pulling the strings in the backround. We still dont know what its up to really. The only thing that has really been mentioned and scene so far was the fact that the different layers of the world were getting closer together which is why the trolls were so easily allowed to come into the real world from Qliphoth.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Rhombaad said:
I completely agree that he isn't a one-dimensional villain. He's much more complicated than that. I just have a feeling that he won't stop at just becoming King of Midland and settle down to rule the kingdom in a just manner. I also doubt he's going to decorate the capital with corpses of the Midland citizens. I just think he may reveal a more evil side to him once he's attained his dream.
remember what the old lady who gave griffith is behelit said: he who possesse this is destined to rule the world in exchange for his blood and flesh...so i guess he might want to rule more than midland..thats my small speculation imo

I see the "dark age" as a period where humans and apostles(and other astral creatures)will live together...the layers are merging afterall I doubt that the apostle will need to hide themselves like they used to do(not that they were really hiding themselves but they weren't too showoff either...)
And as far as I can see human beings are the "weakest" creatures in the berserk world so...

Mad Angel Loki said:
And as far as I can see human beings are the "weakest" creatures in the berserk world so...
Yet, one man seems to stand against all odds & struggles to go on.. That's why we love this series? =)

Top Bottom