Episode 375

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
What is it supposedly an homage to?

A picture of Trunks sitting on a rock. It's the exact same pose and angle, so I can't really fault people for pointing it out. That being said, even if it was based on it... that's not an homage. An homage is for example what Miura did with one of Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights paintings in volume 34. He made his own version while unmistakably referencing (and therefore paying homage to) the original.

In this case, it's more like tracing, and to me it would merely indicate that Kurosaki copied that pose because he couldn't come up with a good one on his own. To be honest, I think this is the least of the Continuation's problems at this point, but I understand why it bothers people. It was repeatedly stated that this project would be rigorously faithful to Miura's vision, and this kind of thing... is just not.

Attachments

• 20240119_082028.jpg
    20240119_082028.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 30
A picture of Trunks sitting on a rock. It's the exact same pose and angle, so I can't really fault people for pointing it out. That being said, even if it was based on it... that's not an homage. An homage is for example what Miura did with one of Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights paintings in volume 34. He made his own version while unmistakably referencing (and therefore paying homage to) the original.

In this case, it's more like tracing, and to me it would merely indicate that Kurosaki copied that pose because he couldn't come up with a good one on his own. To be honest, I think this is the least of the Continuation's problems at this point, but I understand why it bothers people. It was repeatedly stated that this project would be rigorously faithful to Miura's vision, and this kind of thing... is just not.
Yes, that’s it. I sent you side by side pictures in your inbox yesterday that were made by our raging conservative fans in China. (Sorry, I can only send via email. It's hard to send you pictures from my phone. My computer is just an old laptop and the internet is very slow. And I don't have a VPN installed on my computer, so I can't Browse YouTube, Twitter, and other sites.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that’s it. I sent you side by side pictures in your inbox yesterday that were made by our raging conservative fans in China.

Yeah some people have pointed it out before, same with the pose that supposedly resembles the "cratered Yamcha" image. Honestly, like I said above, it's really the least of the Continuation's problems to me. What matters is how they're mishandling the story and characters. Puck's behavior in this episode doesn't make any sense, for example. It's completely unlike him.

Yeah some people have pointed it out before, same with the pose that supposedly resembles the "cratered Yamcha" image. Honestly, like I said above, it's really the least of the Continuation's problems to me. What matters is how they're mishandling the story and characters. Puck's behavior in this episode doesn't make any sense, for example. It's completely unlike him.
There's also a character, Orga Itsuka, whose death pose has become a meme in China.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There's also a character, Orga Itsuka, whose death pose has become a meme in China.
So… What does that have to do with the Berserk continuation, exactly?

I find this line of criticism unconvincing. If we start looking around for similar poses elsewhere, there are many that a human body can make. But that doesn’t mean there’s intent behind them. And there’s plenty to be upset about this continuation without picking on poses. I think we’d be better off sticking to the core problems, not potentially inventing problems.

Speaking of which, I started writing a series of articles for our Patreon outlining the core inconsistencies in the Berserk continuation, while also attempting to reason through them. Those will make their way here into a big thread in a few months. But if you want them now I think they’re at the cheapest ($3) tier.

I'm reading through the episode again...and it only gets worse.
Why Puck is just standing there like nothing is happening?
The guys are seizing him and yet he's here at the dock with his arms crossed.
This doesn't like his character at all. Even when doing the jokes, he was still accompanying the characters and trying to help (or annoy them).

Also Rickert's reaction to Guts current state doesn't feel real.
After knowing him well and leaving him for such a long time, he should be more shocked than he is in this episode.
Instead, he just casually speaks if "he's really the Guts he knows", without trying to handle the situation in a helpful way.

Silat's comments about Daiba are completely unecessary to advance the plot.
We already know who Daiba is and what he represents, there's no need to re-introduce him with obvious statements.

Finally, there's again a very odd thing : Schierke disappears completely from the scene and suddenly appears at Guts side in one panel.

Annnd, on a funny note...what the hell is Magnifico doing at this panel ? :magni:
Captura de tela 2024-03-02 084844.png

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Man, I never thought I would say this... but I'm dying to see where the team goes with Miura's story. I now only live on One Piece and One-Punch Man updates. Now learning that Akira Toriyama has passed, it made me reflect on how I felt about Miura's sudden passing years prior.

I have rarely used this sub since Miura died and I feel guilty for not because I used to visit it weekly numerous times for years. I loved the main contributors of the forum, giving thoughts and brilliant ideas on the series I never thought I'd imagine or think of. Now I only check in once in a while, due to the uncertainty of the series.

I just want something to look forward to in a series I LOVED!

I keep adding sentences on things I wish Mori would do, but I end up deleting them because I don't feel it truly matters in the end. Especially on a forum page:shrug:

Whichever direction their team chooses to go with the story, I hope it is for the very best.

Please, Mori.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I just want something to look forward to in a series I LOVED!

All things come to an end. Some less satisfying than others, unfortunately. A side effect of this continuation project is that it has prevented people from coming to terms with the fact that Berserk, as it existed, is over. It ended with the passing of its author, Kentarou Miura.

Mori telling what he knew of the ending, however cursory and flawed his version is, could have been a small blessing for fans. But with the way he chose to go about it, and the time it's taking them, I'm not so sure. As your post shows, it's only delaying the grieving process, and so far I don't think it's been worth it.

I keep adding sentences on things I wish Mori would do, but I end up deleting them because I don't feel it truly matters in the end. Especially on a forum page:shrug:

Nothing we say here will change the course of Mori's actions, that's for sure. But I hope you will continue thinking about how the rest of the series could have gone. That's a way to keep it – and Miura's memory – alive in our hearts.

That is so embarrassing.
Yeah, it really is. It's not like Miura has never made some mistakes (not this bad at least), but there are 8 people working on this project, how didn't anyone notice? Another one I can think of is in episode 371, where Guts' face is reflected on the Dragonslayer, but it's not mirrored.

Last edited:
Yeah, it really is. It's not like Miura has never made some mistakes (not this bad at least), but there are 8 people working on this project, how didn't anyone notice? Another one I can think of is in episode 371, where Guts' face is reflected on the Dragonslayer, but it's not mirrored.
If at least there was story consistency, we wouldn't be complaining so much.
However, these mistakes are occurring very often, and with the story being in this state... it's getting even worse.

If at least there was story consistency, we wouldn't be complaining so much.
However, these mistakes are occurring very often, and with the story being in this state... it's getting even worse.
I honestly hope that episode 376 never sees the light of day. These past 5 months have been great without any episode of this abomination.

Episode 376 releases and it turns out all prior episodes were just a dream sequence Guts had when he saw his son changing into Griffith. That's why it took so long for the episode to come out, they were trying to figure out how to revert the story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom