Get Backers

P

psymont

I think it is great ....

i am sure there are opposing opions, but i hold little interest in them ....

the question is: are there anymore shows of this callabor that you guys would recomend?

are there any other shows even remotely comprable to berserk?

i dont like big mechs much or anime focusing around t-n-a ....

shinmeiryu

I'm a llama!
Chibi Ginji: Ban-chan!

GetBackers is great stuff. Good roundhouse action, decent enough plot consisting in arcs, and good overall humor.

Other shows that are similar to GetBackers...hm, E's Otherwise, but that's not near the same level as GetBackers. There's also X, but that is far more dark, but one of the greater anime / manga projects of recent time.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I love Get Backers, it's my favorite series at the moment. I am on the second season....for some reason the show reminds me of Shenmue. I don't know why, but some of the characters and music make me think of Shenmue...

P

psymont

theblakeman said:
I love Get Backers, it's my favorite series at the moment. I am on the second season....for some reason the show reminds me of Shenmue. I don't know why, but some of the characters and music make me think of Shenmue...

yeah isnt the music amazing! the show reminds me a bit of kenshin actually .... ya know, the whole 3 parter followed by a goofy episode formula than the 15 parter which delves into the past of all characters involved .... good stuff

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What the fuck kind of name for something is "Get Backers" ? Thanks a lot Japan... Devil May Cry... He just might!

P

psymont

Walter said:
What the fuck kind of name for something is "Get Backers" ? Thanks a lot Japan... Devil May Cry... He just might!

well, ill admit, not a great one .... but it is a great show which should not be cast aside because of the name .... give it a chance .... around epi 11 its starts getting real good

there are 31 epis so far

when it comes to anime in the past or present, it helps to be forgiving

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I liked GTO and Golden Boy...pretty damn funny if you ask me! ;D Anyone know if lupin is worth the trouble of watching? I knnow it's prety popular over here in Japan but I have never watched it. I also think Excel Saga is pretty funny just because of all the parodies of a lot of Anime's.

G

Genn21

Lupin sucks man dont wast your time. GTO is PURE pedo. as for the Excel saga it's actully pretty damn good.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Get Backers was okay, what I saw of it. Only decent thing about it was that Ban had the same seiyuu as Guts.

P

psymont

never heard of black cat ....

btw, naruto isnt to bad .... pretty funny show actually

well i was a fan of get backers, but now at episode 30 (thats where im at) its getting kinda redundant and gay

the same characters over and over again, and once a new character finally shows up, he ends up being just like the douche bag that got knocked off before him.

the whole, thunder emperor is getting mighty old, as well as the mystery behind dr jackel, and ban's past

and if i see another chibi ginji i think i may vomit, more than half of a damn episode is chibi ginji, honestly

as for naruto, i just started it two days ago, im up to ep 37, as for as much as people bashed on it, its pretty decent. its a funny series, a funny series that knows its funny and doesnt try too hard to be serious, but just liek get backers i hope they hurry up with the story line, its kinda startin to get a little old

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Are you kidding? Ginji is just now showing so much of his power, it's fucking awesome! Also, Jackal is starting to draw his fights out a bit longer. I think it's getting much more entertaining and I can't wait for more episodes.

i didn't know there was a naruto anime. I read a chapter or two of the manga and it was pretty "eh", could've gotten better or worse, I think it was one of the first few chapters. They were going on a "c level errand" or something.

What's GTO? is that the name or does it stand for something?

Lupin also epitomizes the word "eh" it's a classic for it's pure predictability.

G

Genn21

[quote author=MangyKid Ver.4.3
What's GTO? is that the name or does it stand for something?

Great teacher onizuki ( or whatever )

It's a hentai flick with more story than hentai. People of japan found this amusing and made a anime out of it. Allthrough the story based about 1. sex 2. how to get sex 3. and how many students in his school can he have it with ?
It pretty much sucks ( KNOB ). I suggest basicly about every other anime beside this if you don't want to pull your weasel watching storyline tease type anime all night.

G

Genn21

theblakeman said:
That's not what GTO is like at all!!!

http://www.ex.org/3.1/27-manga_gto.html

Ok and i left out he's a star of karate club , he's 22 & his favorite word is "great ". onizuka loves to fix up problems with familys he run's into ( mostly students he is peeping at ) and he's sex driven for everything around 17-20. Also he's got a movie comeing out.

http://www.geocities.com/heldick2000/

Onizuka relates to his buddy why they came to Tokyo in the first place. Onizuka, a random punk, had wanted to become a "great" guy. Onizuka realizes that he will never realize his dream if he does not go for a change of career. While engaged in one of his favorite preoccupations, staring up the skirts of girls going up the escalator as he tries to appear nonchalant,

seems like another show that came from the "hentai-o-matic" machine that japan is famous for. one time I flipped the switch from "girl" to "guy" and that's how gay hentai was invented. Unfortunately, I have to live with the guilt, and now when people look for hentai they get this.

While on the hentai subject, I downloaded "pardise heights 2" the other day. It's an amazing game, filled with incredible, intuitive, and creative gameplay mechanics, and a story that rivals the best of dickens or hemmingway. And the artwork is like the pure vision of beauty the likes of which not even god could comprehend, let alone create.

Oh wait, Its the exact opposite of that

peace out!

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Does anyone like Bastard! It's fun to watch and I enjoy all the heavy metal refrences. And MangyKid your avatar is gigantic could you think about downsizing it a bit.

Top Bottom