Greetings to all, a quick note to all of the members about training.

Mo said:
Joseph:  I wasn't talking about you posting your picture bud, I was talking about the Dr.  I challenged him above, to post a picture of himmself holding a med school diploma, giving me the finger :)  You look good by the way!  That sandwich made me hungry.  :p

Oh, well too late now.

Mo said:
BTW running is a good way to raise cortisol levels.  Cortisol is a hormone that breaks down muscle.  It's recommended that you walk on an incline or do short sprints to hold on to muscle while getting leaner. You could take glutamine to help supress cortisol too.  8)

Well sprinters definitely have a bulkier physical structure than long distance runners as we burn alot more calories among other things, but the endurance more than compensates. I wouldn't mind being heavier than 66kg, but I value the fitness benefits higher than looking better in the mirror, particularly because I need all the endurance I can gather for when I get in the ring.
The only problem I have with it is that I can get pretty bad shin splints and have crushed ankles that need customised orthotics for whenever I run, meh.

xechnao said:
I still haven't got a webcam. My flatmate has an infrared don't know what to store cellular phone pics in his laptop. Perhaps I could email, cause I have no internet site -when my flatmate comes back from Berlin that is.

Surely you know someone with a scanner or digital camera.

I expect Sparnage is still waiting yours.

I guess the name Joseph doesn't suit me eh? :(

Joseph Smith said:
Surely you know someone with a scanner or digital camera.

I have a scanner myself, though I don't know if it functions any more. I am kinda dump with computers.
As far as digital cameras, no luck right now...I' ll have to wait for my flatmate :'(

Joseph Smith said:
Is this your real name? I am used to Sparnage, sorry :(

DemonX said:
I see it as a way for the Australians to mock our American history.

BURN HIM!

You spelt "Australian" right this time, I'm impressed. ;)

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You ever remember that South Park Episode?

Joseph Smith! dumb dumdumdum dumb dumb dumb! ;D

Haha, yeah I was surprised to how accurate they were explaining the Mormon beliefs, the Mormons portrayed weren't too far off either. ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Joseph Smith said:

Confused the hell out of me, and it's the second time you've made me think you were someone else, Mr. Quantum Leap. Anyway, I think Sparnage suits you fine, kudos though on changing your info appropriately. ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Well, i just have a question for Moslem, out of curiosity.

What in the beginning made you willing to be a body-builder ? Why did you choose to do this for a living ? What do you think it gives to you as a person, except muscles and "champion glory"? I'm really interested and I expect a fair answer as it is not a question made to embarass you or anything.
As Olto said, peace... though...no... peace^^

ps : joseph smith, go back to sparnage... you don't wanna be mistaken with smith, do you ? well i don't want to be confused i guess :p

Well sir, I happened upon this and was rather interested in exactly what you supplement... I was never as lean as you, as I trained for football, rather than body building. I was a fat lineman, basically.
I would generally train twice a day, two three hour sessions, each two hours of lifting and one of cardio.  Anyway, I was using ADEnergy Stack, Creatine, Glutamine, HGH precursors, ON Pro Complex, N0 2, Tribulus, BCAAs, and other random things.  I am just curious as to what, specifically you used, and whether you took in andro.  You have me beat on bench, but due to football I was squatting in the 800s.  Also, do you do Cleans, Jerks, and Jammers?  We were big on fast twitch muscle fibers, and I was just curious.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
bph said:
I am just curious as to what, specifically you used, and whether you took in andro. You have me beat on bench, but due to football I was squatting in the 800s.
And I thought my 550 max in squats were awesome :p Well not bad since I was 190 at the time ;D

Mo

The Warrior
bph said:
Well sir, I happened upon this and was rather interested in exactly what you supplement... I was never as lean as you, as I trained for football, rather than body building. I was a fat lineman, basically.
I would generally train twice a day, two three hour sessions, each two hours of lifting and one of cardio.  Anyway, I was using ADEnergy Stack, Creatine, Glutamine, HGH precursors, ON Pro Complex, N0 2, Tribulus, BCAAs, and other random things.  I am just curious as to what, specifically you used, and whether you took in andro.  You have me beat on bench, but due to football I was squatting in the 800s.  Also, do you do Cleans, Jerks, and Jammers?  We were big on fast twitch muscle fibers, and I was just curious.

I listed what I take above. The difference between is that you actually train MORE than me! Bodybuilding requires a lot of recuperation and your 800lb squat indicates that you have A LOT of muscle underneath your fat. If you dieted and trained like a bodybuilder it would have been apparent on your physique. 800 is a very impressive number - you could have gone to powerlifting meets and cleared house with that lift alone. Read the diet that I have posted above. I do that for nearly 6months out of the year. Right now, I'm nearly 270 and got the "football player" look. I must get down to nearly 220-225 to be able to even stand on stage without looking fat. I used andro - gave me some CRAZY pumps, other than that, eating like a bodybuilder is what gave me the best results - no bullshit. I don't do cleans, jerks, etc. I train like a bodybuilder - not a powerlifter or football player. That's where the difference lies brother. Because all of us lift heavy weight doesn't mean that we will get the same result. That topped of with the fact that it's safe to say that I'm a mesomorph and it's quite evident that you're more of an endo/meso, hence the fat and muscle you put on relativley quickly.

Gyom - I was kinda harsh with my reply. I actually apologized to Olto via pm about my uproar. Anyway, I became a bodybuilder because I always a great physique. In highschool I whooped ass. All the girls loved my body and the guys would walk up to me and ask me how I got it. I moved away from my hometown and stumbled upon a gym near my new town. There, I met a bodybuilder who got me into competing. I got sucked in because I already lead the lifestyle for the most part. For me it was just a matter of eating more food in the offseason and learning how to pose. On top of that the "High" you get when you triumph over a hundred bodybuilders is unmatched. Kinda feels like you won a 6months long battle.

Thanks for the advice.  One thing I will say is that I'm fairly sure all of our line drills helped build up my squats, as I could take it easy on them during our hard work outs, and still go back stronger the next week.  My bench is not anything impressive, about 450 if I do a one rep max.  That's due to the fact that football is all in your legs, I would think.  Just as a side note, I can tell you that when I worked out with the Bowling Green football team, I saw guys squatting well in the 14-1500's (I'm fairly sure they'd done several cycles of steroids, though).  Of course, the guys at the Arnold Classic blow that out of the water, but hey.  While on the topic, do you go to the Classic?  I live in the Cincinnati area, and try to go every year.  Judging by your physique, you could probably do quite well. Joe Ladnier is trying to break 1000 lbs on bench this year, and it should be a good show.

Mo

The Warrior
bph said:
Thanks for the advice.  One thing I will say is that I'm fairly sure all of our line drills helped build up my squats, as I could take it easy on them during our hard work outs, and still go back stronger the next week.  My bench is not anything impressive, about 450 if I do a one rep max.  That's due to the fact that football is all in your legs, I would think.  Just as a side note, I can tell you that when I worked out with the Bowling Green football team, I saw guys squatting well in the 14-1500's (I'm fairly sure they'd done several cycles of steroids, though).  Of course, the guys at the Arnold Classic blow that out of the water, but hey.  While on the topic, do you go to the Classic?  I live in the Cincinnati area, and try to go every year.  Judging by your physique, you could probably do quite well. Joe Ladnier is trying to break 1000 lbs on bench this year, and it should be a good show.

Some crazy ass numbers at the show this year man. Dex cried after he won - it's kinda weird seeing such a big man cry....

http://www.arnoldclassic.com/index.asp

hey mo whats up man i meant to post here a while ago. i also have a love for body building. i have a pretty good work out.

Monday
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps

Tuesday
Back
Biceps
Legs

Wensday or Saturday i switch work outs every other week
Biceps & Triceps or
an hour and a half of cardio
jogging/running
Abs
other various calisthenics

Thursday
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps

Friday
Back
Biceps
Legs

I just started working out for a 5th day thats where i added in the wendsday or Saturday. and i used to work out Monday and Friday heavy days. and Tuesdays and Thursdays light days. but lately i have been just doing all heavy. I'm going to do that for a while (say a few months) then go back to the Heavy & Light training method. i have to say that i have one large problem with my work out. i eat terribly. but i guess I'm lucky that I'm a mesomorph. but i still don't eat like someone thats trying to put on lean muscle. oh well ill start sticking to a healthy diet soon.

Mo said:
Some crazy ass numbers at the show this year man. Dex cried after he won - it's kinda weird seeing such a big man cry....

http://www.arnoldclassic.com/index.asp
yeah man watching a giant cry is pretty weird.

oh yeah i wanted to ask you who do you really think won the 2003 MR.O? i mean Ronnie Coleman did but i think Jay Cutler had a slight edge on him ???

*edit*
i forgot to add that i do abs 3 times a week.

Not to butt in, but Jay Cutler should have won in 03. That man is by far the best in the business right now, in my opinion.  By the way, I would recommend you do chest and back in the same day and do some staggered sets with them; in my opinion this gives you a greater pump.

Also, was it just me or was there an insane amount of free stuff this year?  I went on Saturday, and snagged six shirts and three bags of supplements.  Of course, the best thing is the protein bar and shake samples.

EDIT: GAH, editing messages is turned off.  I meant "a" greater pump, of course.

Not to waste a post, sir, but FireFox was apparently fucking up; upon checking IE it worked, but I'd already made the post.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bph said:
Not to waste a post, sir, but FireFox was apparently fucking up; upon checking IE it worked, but I'd already made the post.

No problem, it works on FireFox for me though.

Top Bottom