Gutts and the Behelit Sword

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Guts and the Beherit Sword

Judas Priestly said:
Do you think that SK might be able to use the beherits inside his body differently? He carries causality inside himself. Sure, he coats his sword with them; but perhaps he himself may be a weapon too...

That's an interesting question (and I think there's indeed a possibility he might to be able to use them differently), but I'd like to turn it around. Beherits are direct agents of the Idea of Evil. So carrying so many beherits inside of him, there's a possibility he might be subject to Its influence more strongly than he would otherwise. That would easily explain how Femto could manipulate his "slash" effortlessly (as it is itself the product of beherits).

Aazealh said:
That's an interesting question (and I think there's indeed a possibility he might to be able to use them differently), but I'd like to turn it around. Beherits are direct agents of the Idea of Evil. So carrying so many beherits inside of him, there's a possibility he might be subject to Its influence more strongly than he would otherwise. That would easily explain how Femto could manipulate his "slash" effortlessly (as it is itself the product of beherits).

Is it just me or does the idea of using causality to combat the God Hand a bad one? But SK must have known the consequences. I would think that free will is the counter to causality; but when the fate of man is manipulated by the IoE, how can it exist? Is magic the answer?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Judas Priestly said:
Is it just me or does the idea of using causality to combat the God Hand a bad one? But SK must have known the consequences.

Well the thing is we don't really know how beherits are affected when SK absorbs them. It's not really "causality" he's using but the beherits' inherent bond to the depths of the astral world.

Judas Priestly said:
I would think that free will is the counter to causality

From a purely semantic point of view, randomness would be the contrary to causality. Free will doesn't mean much as long as the decisions you take are consequences of an infinity of factors that could themselves be influenced so that whatever you do would correspond to what was desired.

Judas Priestly said:
Is magic the answer?

Possibly. Apparently, the closer you become associated with the astral world, the less bound you are. Other than that, it's all groundless speculation at the moment.

Hmm i have been thinking, while reading the posts here since i don't know to much about Yobimizu no Tsurugi but was wondering if this sword would somehow counter voids power to manipulate ones attacks that would normally hit void but do not since void himself has some kinda ability to manipulate space by redirecting the attacks through black holes. So I guess my real question is can the Yobimizu no Tsurugi be immune to voids worm hole like ability?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Breed1Ghost said:
Hmm i have been thinking, while reading the posts here since i don't know to much about Yobimizu no Tsurugi but was wondering if this sword would somehow counter voids power to manipulate ones attacks that would normally hit void but do not since void himself has some kinda ability to manipulate space by redirecting the attacks through black holes. So I guess my real question is can the Yobimizu no Tsurugi be immune to voids worm hole like ability?
We can't possibly know how Void's void would be affected. We haven't seen these two forces collide since then. However, it's likely that that is precisely why SK created this weapon, after his failed assassination attempt on Void at the Eclipse.

Walter said:
We can't possibly know how Void's void would be affected. We haven't seen these two forces collide since then. However, it's likely that that is precisely why SK created this weapon, after his failed assassination attempt on Void at the Eclipse.

Ok that's exactly what I was thinking it was for. Hopefully it works in that way if not I wonder if it could be used for escape then instead?

Top Bottom