Halo 3

CnC

Ad Oculos
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Ah Im sorry to hear you didnt like the single player, to each of his own I suppose. Better start seeing your ass on multiplayer more often though.

no no. I think you missed my point. I'm saying this game is pretty much designed to be played either co-operatively or competitively. Being in vehicles with NPC's isn't nearly as much fun as with a real person, taking down a Scarab becomes quite an adventure with another person, I could go on. So much of what makes the campaign great is done by designing it for multiple people to play at once that it really becomes (as the brit in the video said) run-of-the-mill when done by yourself.
Kinda like playing a board game by yourself, you can theoretically do it but it isn't any fun.

...but I still didn't like the story much...
And I'll be on this weekend, most likely. Later :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Well, Bungie has seperated:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12835

Very interesting.

Maybe they'll finally release Halo DS now! :void:

And in case someone on the Internet still haven't seen it after all that time: LINK

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to me they split one game too late. Think of all the profit shares they could have made if Microsoft were a lesser figure in its corporate structure BEFORE Halo 3 was released.

Anyway, this is an interesting move. But I wonder what else Bungie has planned in the future to support its huge head now.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Good I have greater respect for them now, at least now I know they wont be pressured to release another Halo game if they dont want too. Game developers work better when there owned by themselves, perfect example. Valve.

CnC

Ad Oculos
The latest (and, I think, last) in the live-action shorts:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/110155.html

I actually am starting to like this style. The special effects are still sub-par (Brutes look teeeerrible), but some of the action is pretty solid. And it turns out these were some kind of prequel to Halo 3. Interesting.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I thought the brutes didn't look too bad, actually. Its not super high quality, but they were nothing to complain about, imo. But I agree on the special effects, those laser explosions looked especially bad.

I like the prequel aspect as well, when you buy the game you jump in right where the commercial left off! Good marketing.

Top Bottom