Haloid...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998

Anybody who has ever picked up a controller anywhere should love this... fuckin' incredible!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The ending was really retarded, but it had some riveting action, mostly in the crowd sequences. Though, I have to say, the Matrix music really made it stand out as uber cheesy.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
hahha, it was really entertaining! Although the end was a little bit what the hell for me. Oh well! Emailed to my friends!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's well done, that's for sure. However I felt it was trying a little too hard to be cool at times, it felt too much.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Of course it seemed like they were trying too hard. Most of the action was just rehashed matrix fight scenes. Don't take that to mean I didn't enjoy it, I just didn't find it terribly original.

I first saw this on www.gametrailers.com they've got some other stuff by the guy which are good too.

Haha, my friend emailed this to me a while back, and I was going nuts when I saw it. I had no idea what it was, and that you-know-who makes an appearance, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. In response to it being not being original, well I don't think that was his point. (BTW, it's just ONE GUY who did everything: Monty Oum). He has an original series (by "original", I mean, his own story lines with his own characters... although he still borrows concepts here and there) and his last one, Road Ep 3, took him 4 times longer than this Haloid one did, yet no one has even bothered to really watch the Road Eps. So, he did the Haloid vid as a publicity / viral kind of video to get his name out there. And let me tell you it worked.

So I watched his Road Eps, and they were entertaining still, and had some great action scenes. BUT, in particular, I think ALL OF YOU will be in for a great surprise at the end of Road Ep 3. You'll be wanting to see Road Ep 4, I'm pretty sure. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
So I watched his Road Eps, and they were entertaining still, and had some great action scenes. BUT, in particular, I think ALL OF YOU will be in for a great surprise at the end of Road Ep 3. You'll be wanting to see Road Ep 4, I'm pretty sure. :guts:

Well I watched Road 3 and I can't say I was all that impressed. I think the guy should stick to silent characters and actions scenes, or put a little more effort in dialogues otherwise. The Gouki style fighting was cool though. As for the end, I'd appreciate it more if "berserk" wasn't misspelled. :puck:

Aazealh said:
Well I watched Road 3 and I can't say I was all that impressed. I think the guy should stick to silent characters and actions scenes, or put a little more effort in dialogues otherwise. The Gouki style fighting was cool though. As for the end, I'd appreciate it more if "berserk" wasn't misspelled. :puck:

LOL, oh yeah, I forgot to mention the mispelling at the end =P. And yeah, I agree completely, his strengths lie in action, not so much in story telling or dialogue.

Top Bottom