Hello everyone

A police friend of mine said when chatting with me a few days ago that if China is responsible for the animated adaptation of berserk, and it falls into the hands of a screenwriter like Yang Zhengguang, there will be many plots that are not consistent with the comics, such as: Guts will Like Lin Chong who doesn't care about Casca's life or death, Skullknight will flirt with Flora, Isidro and Guts have no comradeship, he worships Griffith and Casca, and the plot of Guts killing his adoptive father will be changed to intentional homicide.
Don't think it's impossible, it's true. This Yang Zhengguang is the screenwriter of the 1998 version of the Water Margin TV series. He tampered with many plots of the original work. Moreover, the characters are not complete, the important growth stories of the characters are not filmed, and the plot is incoherent. One second the character may be laughing like a lunatic, and the next second he becomes serious.

Is there any reason to entertain such a possibility?
This is what my police friend said, that is to say a hypothesis. And I have said before that berserk is a niche work in China. And if China is really responsible, there will be situations like what my friend said.

The berserk forum on Baidu Tieba has completely collapsed because of those Internet trolls. Their conspiracy succeeded. The trolls who insulted Miura before his death and the "fans" who blindly support Mori now are actually the same group of people.(This is the situation on the berserk forum in China.)

I don't understand why you are distraught at the possibility of some bad screenwriter adapting Berserk. It can't be any worse than what's already happened with the franchise, surely.

I don't understand why you are distraught at the possibility of some bad screenwriter adapting Berserk. It can't be any worse than what's already happened with the franchise, surely.
Because in China, most screenwriters do this. (There are not many good screenwriters left) And I have seen too many very bad works in China. Either the plot is bad or the things expressed are very inexplicable. What I said above is one of the examples. One of China's four great classics can be adapted into this fucking way. You can think about it yourself. Of course, if you don't want to think about it, that's your own business.

Because in China, most screenwriters do this. (There are not many good screenwriters left) And I have seen too many very bad works in China. Either the plot is bad or the things expressed are very inexplicable. What I said above is one of the examples. One of China's four great classics can be adapted into this fucking way. You can think about it yourself. Of course, if you don't want to think about it, that's your own business.
It appears you haven't seen "Troy" with Brad Pitt, a bad movie based on Homer's "Iliad", a classic of the Western canon. A worse one is "Helen of Troy", a TV series. China isn't the only civilisation that makes bad adaptations of great works, it's okay.

It appears you haven't seen "Troy" with Brad Pitt, a bad movie based on Homer's "Iliad", a classic of the Western canon. A worse one is "Helen of Troy", a TV series. China isn't the only civilisation that makes bad adaptations of great works, it's okay.

Of course I haven't read them, because I have never heard of some of them. As a person from a remote area, it’s already pretty good that I can hear the titles of the works you mentioned, not to mention that I may die in the future, and I, a dying person don’t have that much free time to read those works.

By the way, are the film and television adaptations of Troy that you are talking about being bad adaptations for several years in a row? I don’t know about Water Margin, but Journey to the West really did it.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alright guys, let's please take it easy. @Todd Liu since you're speaking to us through automated translation, remember that the nuances of what you say aren't necessarily properly conveyed, and vice versa. @SlyapBG's point is that bad adaptations are a dime a dozen in the West. And it's true, they absolutely are. The entertainment industry is creatively bankrupt and devoid of respect for authors regardless of what country you live in.

And if we go back to Berserk itself, it has already received a couple of ignominious adaptations in recent years: the 2012 movie trilogy (a vulgar clip show that completely missed the point of the story) and the 2016 TV series (an artless, soulless rendition made by incompetents on a shoestring budget). The Grunbeld light novel was the cherry on top as a sort of repulsive, almost libelous caricature. And of course, now we're being subjected to the continuation, which is nothing short of a desecration of the original work.

Alright guys, let's please take it easy. @Todd Liu since you're speaking to us through automated translation, remember that the nuances of what you say aren't necessarily properly conveyed, and vice versa. @SlyapBG's point is that bad adaptations are a dime a dozen in the West. And it's true, they absolutely are. The entertainment industry is creatively bankrupt and devoid of respect for authors regardless of what country you live in.

And if we go back to Berserk itself, it has already received a couple of ignominious adaptations in recent years: the 2012 movie trilogy (a vulgar clip show that completely missed the point of the story) and the 2016 TV series (an artless, soulless rendition made by incompetents on a shoestring budget). The Grunbeld light novel was the cherry on top as a sort of repulsive, almost libelous caricature. And of course, now we're being subjected to the continuation, which is nothing short of a desecration of the original work.
You're right, Aaz.

Actually, to be honest, regarding the continuation of Berserk, some fans in China say that this situation is similar to the last 40 chapters of Dream of Red Mansions, one of China's four famous novels. The last 40 chapters were continued by a Jinshi named Gao E.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, guys, let me tell you some news. Russia discharged nuclear sewage on my side of the China-Russia border. It is 68km away from a certain county, and my county is 155km away from that county. I believe this it definitely affected me here, and then the entire Northeast. Of course, my "compatriots" blame Japan for these mistakes every day. They have the courage to blame Japan, but they don't have the courage to blame Russia. (However, the nuclear wastewater discharged by Japan fully meets the standards)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nuclear sewage, you say? I believe a certain Japanese man may be involved...

19792_1.jpg

Nuclear sewage, you say? I believe a certain Japanese man may be involved...
emm...Who's this?
This reminds me of how some villages in my province were flooded in 2023.

Of course, you also know that my "country" secretly discharges nuclear sewage that does not meet the standards, and the pollution level is 7 times higher. (Maybe more, but I don't know who is more compared to Russia)

Last edited by a moderator:
His name is Oroku Saki, he's the alleged leader of a criminal organization in the USA.
Ooh, I think I know who he is.
The irony is that Russia discharged nuclear wastewater at the end of March. I only found out about it on April 10th.If it develops in a bad direction, my place may become the second Chernobyl. (If it comes true, I think this influence will definitely not be small)

The berserk forum on Baidu Tieba has completely collapsed because of those Internet trolls. Their conspiracy succeeded. The trolls who insulted Miura before his death and the "fans" who blindly support Mori now are actually the same group of people.(This is the situation on the berserk forum in China.)
I am sorry you are going through so much trouble, especially including the nuclear waste.
But on another topic, if you don't mind me asking: What do these trolls say negatively about Miura? I got curious since he lived a very secluded lifestyle and very little is known of him.

I am sorry you are going through so much trouble, especially including the nuclear waste.
But on another topic, if you don't mind me asking: What do these trolls say negatively about Miura? I got curious since he lived a very secluded lifestyle and very little is known of him.
Thank you for your greetings.
Their negative comments about Miura are almost all illogical and brainless.For example: Miura's settings are all plagiarized from others, Berserk is not as good as a younger brother in front of Attack on Titan, Attack on Titan is the real darkness, Berserk is nothing, etc.

One of them was the worst. He continued to insult Miura and Miura's family and friends during the time when Miura died. When Berserk was re-serialized, he supported Mori without any brains. He hoped that Berserk would become a joke. Of course, he vowed to blaspheme Miura's grave. (But whether that son of a bitch has the ability to do it is another matter)

Another important point is that they satisfy their twisted sense of satisfaction and abnormal pleasure by insulting Miura. This is China’s online environment, where there are fewer and fewer normal people.

Another important point is that they satisfy their twisted sense of satisfaction and abnormal pleasure by insulting Miura. This is China’s online environment, where there are fewer and fewer normal people
I don't think this is a China specific problem, a quick browse through 4chan (or any imageboard) or even forums about general anime talk will give you similar or even worse examples. These are just the well known "online trolls" that just enjoy saying edgy stuff that get a strong reaction out of people.
So no reason paying any attention to what they're saying. This is basically what they're doing this for, for people to get angry at them and react negatively.

What we're reading now surely isn't Berserk, so the original work will never become a joke.
If you said it was the first 364 episodes, that's true.

I don't think this is a China specific problem, a quick browse through 4chan (or any imageboard) or even forums about general anime talk will give you similar or even worse examples. These are just the well known "online trolls" that just enjoy saying edgy stuff that get a strong reaction out of people.
So no reason paying any attention to what they're saying. This is basically what they're doing this for, for people to get angry at them and react negatively.
The forums you mentioned cannot be like Chinese websites that report people and send them to concentration camps in the name of treason, and then torture them to death using the ancient tortures of previous Chinese dynasties. Of course, there are also life worse than death, just like the Uighurs or Tibetans.

That's an exaggeration. He had a social life and gave dozens of interviews over the years. He didn't do "meet and greet" events, but many other authors don't either. If you want to learn more about him, check this section of the forum.
I apologize, I think I expressed myself poorly, I still stumble over words in English. I should have said that he was never involved, as far as I know, in controversies and was not that publicly active, which is why I found it strange that he had haters, but I believe that these trolls simply hate certain people online for the simple morbid pleasure of hating. It's very sad.
Thank you for your greetings.
Their negative comments about Miura are almost all illogical and brainless.For example: Miura's settings are all plagiarized from others, Berserk is not as good as a younger brother in front of Attack on Titan, Attack on Titan is the real darkness, Berserk is nothing, etc.

One of them was the worst. He continued to insult Miura and Miura's family and friends during the time when Miura died. When Berserk was re-serialized, he supported Mori without any brains. He hoped that Berserk would become a joke. Of course, he vowed to blaspheme Miura's grave. (But whether that son of a bitch has the ability to do it is another matter)

Another important point is that they satisfy their twisted sense of satisfaction and abnormal pleasure by insulting Miura. This is China’s online environment, where there are fewer and fewer normal people.
That's pretty funny, I would like to ask them to name a fictional piece that is not plagiarized or that does not take direct inspiration from previous works. As if Attack on Titan was original :sweatdrop:
If you said it was the first 364 episodes, that's true.

The forums you mentioned cannot be like Chinese websites that report people and send them to concentration camps in the name of treason, and then torture them to death using the ancient tortures of previous Chinese dynasties. Of course, there are also life worse than death, just like the Uighurs or Tibetans.
I am so sorry about this. I never thought the situation in China was this bad. I do pray things get better soon. The saddest thing is that I have no idea how to fix this. We are going through totalitarian governments all over the world, I just wish the innocent people wouldn't suffer.

Top Bottom