How do you purchase Berserk?

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Ok I went to Sasuga JP book store, and a year subscription to young animal costs $214.00!!! Why is it so damn expensive??? Is it cheaper at Amazon??? And if it is the same price at Amazon, is there any where else I can get a year subsription for cheaper???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserker88 said:
Ok I went to Sasuga JP book store, and a year subscription to young animal costs $214.00!!! Why is it so damn expensive??? Is it cheaper at Amazon??? And if it is the same price at Amazon, is there any where else I can get a year subsription for cheaper???
You have to keep in mind that the huge price is largely because of shipping costs. It's a relatively cheap magazine (~Y350 I believe) but when shipping from Japan to Sasuga in California, and then to you, shipping prices are exorbitant. But, I managed to find a way around this.

When I bought Young Animal, it cost me around $7 per issue including shipping. Since it's a semi-monthly publication, that rounded to about $180 total per year. I landed this deal by going to my local Japanese book store and special ordering it. The only drawback was having to drive to downtown Atlanta every 2 weeks... Check your local listings (or call 411, though they've gotten to be more and more bitchy recently) to see if there are any Japanese bookstores in your area. If you happen to live in California, you're a lucky bastard...

Also, why the extra punctuation markings? On some kind of medication?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Also check like 4 posts back pls.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4330.msg114991#msg114991

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Lithrael said:
Also check like 4 posts back pls.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4330.msg114991#msg114991

Lithrael is right, berserker88. Lucid is absolutely wonderful! I have only good things to say about her. She is a real sweetheart to deal with when it comes to crazy berserk needs :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserker88 said:
Is it cheaper at Amazon??? And if it is the same price at Amazon, is there any where else I can get a year subsription for cheaper???

Amazon doesn't sell Young Animal. If you want a cheap deal, use Lucid's service. Also, please stop posting in threads without reading them.

Walter said:
It's a relatively cheap magazine (~Y350 I believe)

There are slight variations, but it's usually ¥290 (~$2.50).

Top Bottom