Is there any game with a better story then Xenogears?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Blaster Master was fun. It had quite a... unique story.
Boy has frog.
Frog escapes. Boy chases frog.
Frog jumps on radioactive box and transforms into giant mutant. Falls down hole.
Boy follows frog down deep dark hole.
Boy finds tank.
Mayhem ensues.

Majin_Tenshi

To clarify, yes, I have played xenogears.
Griffith, you may care that Blaster Master: Blasting Again is rather fun.

BTW, anyone know a good place to get cash in Xenogears? I've been fighting croaker tribes to get scales to sell, but that is still to slow to max everyones stats.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Xenogears was awesome,can't wait to play Xenosaga and see if it
meets my expectations.But if you're looking for an even better story,
why don't you try Earthbound on the SNES? :D

Xenogears had a kickass story... there were some gameplay problems though. I thought the fighting system blew.

I thought Planescape: Torment was well done.

One of my favorite games. Had the best character developement of any RPG I've played.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
DemonEyesKyo said:
Xenogears had an amazing story. But, i personally enjoy the Metal Gear stories. Hideo Kojima is a god!
I love the metal gear series, 2 was strange...did you understand anything about the "S3 project"?

ShinHell9

I never really ended up finishing xenogears & now i have no idea as to where it is. but i can name a few games with good storylines:
final fantasy 7 (a battle between good & evil with a nice twist)
Grandia 2 (maybe it was the music maybe it was the fact that I really liked the line "This is why i hate church it takes too long and you end up doing nothing" maybe it was the little twist at the ending)
Final fantasy 8 (best love story ever)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (just so screwed up with that ending but it was good, even though i'm still confused)
Final Fantasy 6 (great one also)
Maru Destenu for wonderswan color (nice way to mix shoguns & mobile suits)
Suikoden 3 (don't know why I like it but I do)

Majin_Tenshi

How many Final Fantasy games, or at least those that developed their characters, didn't have a story of good vs Evil with a twist?

ShinHell9, if you ever find Xenogears, I suggest you start over from the begining. Its hard enought keeping track of everything as it is, having not played it for forever basicly ruins the chance of you understanding the ending unless you took notes and can find them. And then its still iffy.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
METAL GEAR SOLID IS KING!
METAL GEAR SOLID 2....(no coment)
Ninja Gaiden 1 Kicks ass

in my opinion, one of the game with the best intros was Xenogears, with a kick ass soundtrack and plot BAMM! its a keeper

hmm, I think I'm undecided on which FF is best, but I think FFVI, VII and X are all great. VIII and IX were crap IMO. SoM was excellent Star Ocean was good. This is going away from the RPGs a bit, but storywise I think the War Craft storyline is awesome especially the recent stuff. I think it goes to say Star Craft's was equally as good.

P

psymont

s3 .... hmmm? .... i think it was an experiment lead by the patriots to find out whether or not a soldier placed in certain circumstances would respond in sequence with prior subjects who have been through VR training ....

the wigs?!? PHUCK EM! infinite air and grip! u call that a hidden secret worth getting all the dog tags for? .... stealth camo and bond suit, thats more like it ....

Best story?

How could someone not say Zelda?

Perhaps the best game of all time (Ocarina of Time), it also has a great story that will only get better with the new GameCube one coming out soon

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fusiongt said:
Best story?

How could someone not say Zelda?
Save the princess. Oh no, the world cosmetically changed. Kill ganon. The end.
Perhaps the best game of all time (Ocarina of Time), it also has a great story that will only get better with the new GameCube one coming out soon
Wonderful logic.

ShinHell9

Psymont said:
s3 .... hmmm? .... i think it was an experiment lead by the patriots to find out whether or not a soldier placed in certain circumstances would respond in sequence with prior subjects who have been through VR training ....
that's what ocelot said...but the colonel started saying all this shyt about social sanity, or something

=_=ArucarD_=

I'm a llama!
star ocean, their is no game with such an intense detail. No other game can have as many different endings.In no other game does the little side mini come into play. Great game,but i think everyone here forgot about one of the first games with cinematic voice overs....Legend of dragoon. My favorite rpg(aside from ff 7). sweeet ass game. later

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
What about Valkyrie Profile??I'm quite fond of Arngrim, one
of the most obious Gatsu clones ever designed.And what an
awesome soundtrack.I love this game!!!

G

Genn21

Im kinda busy with valkyrie profile right now for more info go to post which game suqs the biggest dick :D

Yes xenogears has a awsome plot and some plot holes and 4th dimensional creatures *Spoiler* wait not really i never understood what was so special about elly aka ellainham van houten (sounds like a nazi huh ^^ of solaris you mofos) i just didnt get the just of why she existed as long as fei fong, lancan, graff ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Genn21 said:
Im kinda busy with valkyrie profile right now for more info go to post which game suqs the biggest dick :D

Yes xenogears has a awsome plot and some plot holes and 4th dimensional creatures *Spoiler* wait not really i never understood what was so special about elly aka ellainham van houten (sounds like a nazi huh ^^ of solaris you mofos) i just didnt get the just of why she existed as long as fei fong, lancan, graff ;D
Just like Fei, she was an essential component in the creation and destruction of Deus.

Top Bottom