Ishidoro Hate?

Re: Isidro Hate?

This is getting too flame war for my taste. I am sorry if anything I said offended you. I never said I hated Puck. I actually enjoy him. I think you pointed out something I was not aware of in myself ie. I stated my opinion as a fact. I really didn't mean to. I happen to not like Isidro and only was making a point regarding a speculation I have. That being him dying. Gutts has a reason to swing his sword. I may have just joined this forum but I have been reading and into Berserk since 2000. To make that point I got angry when one person I knew went around talking of all the violence and seemingly not caring about the deep plot. Sorry about the ogers thing. I was confused because of the games referance to Ogles. I thought that ogres was the correct referance. Once again sorry about seeming to lecture you it's a character flaw of mine that I sometimes fail to keep in check. :-[ However I am certainly not someone who can be pushed aside as a complete newb who reads Berserk for violence and/or to get off.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Alucard said:
This is getting too flame war for my taste. I am sorry if anything I said offended you. I never said I hated Puck. I actually enjoy him.

Whatever, I already stated my point in the previous posts, I'm not offended in the least, don't worry. And please don't yell out about flamewars whenever people disagree without using smileys in place of punctuation... Again, this isn't directed at you personally.

Alucard said:
I think you pointed out something I was not aware of in myself ie. I stated my opinion as a fact. I really didn't mean to.

That's the difference between: "I think Isidro isn't that cool, I don't like him much *argumentation follows*" and "Isidro is a shitty character, THE END".

Alucard said:
Guts has a reason to swing his sword.

Not really in his youth, before he decides to help Griffith reach his goal, and even after that, he's still mostly just being around and fighting actually (that's also why Griffith had such an effect on him, he had a true goal). It's highlighted in the bondfire of dreams scene for example, but that's not the point anyway.

Alucard said:
Sorry about the ogers thing. I was confused because of the games referance to Ogles. I thought that ogres was the correct referance.

Well, ogres are what SK fights in the Qliphoth, they're summoned by Slan. Guts also kills one in Enoch, he's the big guy that throws stuff on the temple (who's the newbie that said church? ;)).

Alucard said:
I am certainly not someone who can be pushed aside as a complete newb who reads Berserk for violence and/or to get off.

Didn't mean that, but that kind of opinion of yours often comes from people that read the whole story through scanlations in one non-stop night, in an underlit room, between 2 Naruto volumes and the new Hunter X Hunter chapter or whatever.

Sad but true, and trust me they come often, with the ever same opinions, without any kind of argumentation, or if they've got some, mostly incorrect or just plain ridiculous. Tends to get tiring after a moment.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Just a reminder about this thread,

If you have still failed to appreciate Isidro's place within the story, continue to re-read Berserk until you have an epiphany regarding his character's overall importance to the main themes. Thank you.

Your pal,

-Griffith :-*

Danielsan246 said:
I think Isidro is a fun character.
Sometimes he a little annoying, but he's just a kid!
Yep. People should wait and see how he will evolve instead of picking on him now. After all, he is still only 10-12 years old.

As far as I'm concerned I was never bothered by Isidro's presence. I hardly remember finding him too annoying as he is an interesting comical relief in many disturbing or horrific sequences. That was hilarious and really enjoyable to watch him do his show during the cave orgy sequence. I smiled every time he hit one of those naked pigs trying to get him.
On the other side I do find Puck's mimicks a bit annoying at times, at least out of place. Even when there's no reason to have a funny moment to relieve tension he's always there making a face. It just happens too often and sometimes disrupts your attention from important events going on. :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Te Ruyu said:
As far as I'm concerned I was never bothered by Isidro's presence. [...] he is an interesting comical relief in many disturbing or horrific sequences.

There's much more to him than comic relief, too.

Te Ruyu said:
On the other side I do find Puck's mimicks a bit annoying at times, at least out of place. Even when there's no reason to have a funny moment to relieve tension he's always there making a face. It just happens too often and sometimes disrupts your attention from important events going on.

Would you be so kind as to provide examples of these grave events being disrupted by out of place mimicks?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

fuxberg said:
im original i dont like Schierke..

Not so original actually... Many people dislike her, or at least did when she first appeared, and again when she took an active part in the story. I can't say I understand people "hating" any of the character anyway, especially since there's no real base for it most of the time.

*damn you..*

i hate Guts! that's gotta be original!

jk

actually i think its interesting to see how Isidro will turn out to be when he grows up and what we'll be his relationship with Guts.
Peraphs Isidro will try to surpass Guts <- LOL
crazy kids :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

fuxberg said:
actually i think its interesting to see how Isidro will turn out to be when he grows up and what we'll be his relationship with Guts.
Peraphs Isidro will try to surpass Guts <- LOL

Well Guts is definitely his role model, so I think he'll try to follow his steps at least.

There's something that truly interests me about Isidro. He's being exposed to "demons" and "magic" at such a young age. Not only that, but he actually helps in the fight against these creatures without a great deal of fear. He even has a bit of fun sometimes.

The experience he's gaining by travelling with Guts is priceless and I'm anxious to see what type of man he becomes.   

Yes, I agree Isidro is annoying. In my perspective Isidro's character still hasn't been developed much at all. Once we get some more info on the kid I'm sure he'll find his place.

....but getting impaled trying would also be interesting. :isidro:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

TheRedComet said:
Yes, I agree Isidro is annoying. In my perspective Isidro's character still hasn't been developed much at all. Once we get some more info on the kid I'm sure he'll find his place.

....but getting impaled trying would also be interesting. :isidro:
What sort of info would justify his character to you? Volume 24 already includes what's likely to be the extent of his backstory, prior to his appearance in Albion. Personally, I've loved him as a character since the scene with Morgan in volume 25. That's all the development I need for now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

TheRedComet said:
In my perspective Isidro's character still hasn't been developed much at all.

Then you might want to re-read the manga, because you've missed a lot of things.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"

Isidro puts me in mind of how young Guts could have been, if Donovan hadn't raped him and Gambino hadn't died on the end of Guts' sword: A wisecracking, rough-'n'-tumble kid out seeking adventure and looking for a role model. Even Guts was looking for someone to appreciate him when he was younger. So I can't say I hate Isidro at all. Early on, he was more bratty, but that was way back before he got properly introduced. Now, having put in my two cents about "Isidro Hate", I wanna perform a

tHr34d HIj4c]< !!1!!2

Who does Isidro hate, and why?

How could you not love this mofo -->

Isidro-dream.jpg

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.

I can see one thing that I dislike about Isidro's character and that is his tendency to display a self-righteous attitude that at times lacks compassion. Namely, when he shouts down at the peasants as they are all being eaten alive at the Tower of Retribution during the Mozgus ark and when he body-slams the old noble-man after he gives Isidro an apple. However, taking into account his environment, which also must be responsible for instilling in him his unflappable nature: I think that he shows a great deal of honor for a kid at his age in his circumstances.
I saw this when we first have his character established in the Mozgus ark. he risks his life to save Casca and Nina in the process and although on the surface this would seem to be motivated by his hopes for personal gain: I think that given his age and character, he would not like to admit the more chivalrous aspects of his intentions even to himself. His recognition and praising of Luca's bravery and the way he gives Nina his over-coat without a second thought shows to me where his heart is really at in spite of how tough he tries to act otherwise.
He has shown that he has a great deal of potential as a fighter as well and the evidence for that is indisputable; It will be interesting to see how his fighting style refines itself and evolves to incorporate his skill at throwing and how it will balance with his learning how to fight well at close-range.
If you don't like him, fine; that might as well be a matter of personal taste. However, I think its just as pointless and even insulting to feel that he is a token character. Miura did a perfect job of balancing out Isidro's idealistic and realistic aspects.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Not to mention the poor peasants were demanding that Casca be burned so they could be saved.

Is it really self-righteous when you're already right?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.

you guys think that Isidro's confrontation with the cap'n was foreshadowing his future career?

Isidro becoming a swashbuckling sailor adventuring on the high seas isn't that ridiculous a picture, really.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.

That's just another reason to enjoy his character, like I already pointed out; we will get to see his fighting style evolve . . . I'd like to see a character that dual weilds long-swords or uses something similar to rapier and main-guache fighting: Lets not forget his throwing ability either and the potential that that has for some interesting attributes as well. For instance: Imagine if he were given a supply of both grenades and knives down the road, or even using Kushan throwing weapons.

In fact, I see a lot of promise on Isidro, this boy has proven to be useful a lot of times (already mentioned) and it is more than obious that he´ll take an important role in the future of the story, I´ve been liking him better as the plot advances and I also think that in a future we would be surprised of what this kid will be able to do, It´s just a matter of time to see the kid´s real potential.

Top Bottom