Ishidoro Hate?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Re: Isidro Hate?

The first few chapters show that Ishidoro was nothing but a clumsy goof, but as the story progressed, Ishidoro's skill in fighting and his maturity progressed too. I seriously doubt he will die in the manga.

DemonX said:
The first few chapters show that Isidro was nothing but a clumsy goof, but as the story progressed, Isidro's skill in fighting and his maturity progressed too. I seriously doubt he will die in the manga.

yes true, but knowing Kentarou Miura, he might get hurt badly in the later chapters.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

kid_berserk said:
yes true, but knowing Kentarou Miura, he might get hurt badly in the later chapters.

That's actually an intresting point. But since he's my favorit character and all I'd have to say I hope that doesn't happen. ;D

He's pretty much the Batt Character from Fist of the North Star, a comic Miura grew up reading. It's obviously Batt and like him Isidro grow up to become a loved and respected character.

N

NofrikinfuN

Personally, I like Isidro. He and Puck have some hi-larious moments together, (Along with Schierke and Evarella, lately.) and I don't know.. His character just sort of grew on me.

He's the perpetually ambitious little shit who won't take no for an answer. Also, his roll slash/stab combo.. Awesome. It took him some time, but he's developing into a fairly interesting fighter.

EDIT:
Gaiseric The Great said:
He's pretty much the Batt Character from Fist of the North Star, a comic Miura grew up reading. It's obviously Batt and like him Isidro grow up to become a loved and respected character.
Is this Batt anything like Yahiko from Ruroni Kenshin? Because I had always thought Ishidoro was very reminiscent of Yahiko. (And hopefully, will follow a similar path, as the grown-up Yahiko is hella cool.)

NofrikinfuN said:
Personally, I like Isidro. He and Puck have some hi-larious moments together, (Along with Schierke and Evarella, lately.) and I don't know.. His character just sort of grew on me.

He's the perpetually ambitious little shit who won't take no for an answer. Also, his roll slash/stab combo.. Awesome. It took him some time, but he's developing into a fairly interesting fighter.

EDIT:
Is this Batt anything like Yahiko from Ruroni Kenshin? Because I had always thought Isidro was very reminiscent of Yahiko. (And hopefully, will follow a similar path, as the grown-up Yahiko is hella cool.)

Isidro has more in common with Batt more then he does Yahiko. He's a wandering theif/comic relief/at times selfish/obnoxious/blunt kid. The grown-up batt was one tough and brace fighter that had a great death (but he got better). From when I first saw Isidro sneak around tip-toeing around I just knew he was Batt. The influence is just too strong.

N

NofrikinfuN

Hmm, I've been looking for more manga/anime to check out, so maybe I should check out Fist of the North Star.

NofrikinfuN said:
Hmm, I've been looking for more manga/anime to check out, so maybe I should check out Fist of the North Star.

Like Berserk the anime is nowhere near how incredible the manga was. I hope you enjoy it. Fist or Hokuto No Ken is probably the best manga I've ever read from beginning to end (looks like Berserk is on it's way to surpassing it) It never had a down period unlike some other great series. It was perfect from book one to book 27.

I hope you enjoy it. Fist or Hokuto No Ken is probably the best manga I've ever read from beginning to end (looks like Berserk is on it's way to surpassing it) It never had a down period unlike some other great series. It was perfect from book one to book 27.

Berserk ON it's way to surpassing?  Berserk is king! ;)

Blasphemy! :D

jk.  If after seeing Berserks greatness you still like Fist I will have to check it out more (just read summaries).  Do alot of people here like it? (I won't prusue further too off topic)

Alucard said:
Blasphemy! :D

jk.  If after seeing Berserks greatness you still like Fist I will have to check it out more (just read summaries).  Do alot of people here like it? (I won't prusue further too off topic)

I don't know if people here like it. I’m fairly new here so I can’t speak for them. It's an (early) 80's manga that was so huge in Japan that it got it's own convention. It was a very influential series that you can see how far its influence spread to many of the other manga that have come since it ended. Certain panel techniques, certain character types are all due to that. The prequel series is Fist of the Blue Sky is one of the comics that Miura currently reads (and even before he did Berserk he did a comic with one of the Hokuto' creators, Buronson). He loves that era and has said in interviews in the past that he's a child of that era and of that series.

I personally love both those series (like Berserk, Fist is all about the manga) and they both deserve high endless praise.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Alucard said:
Do alot of people here like it? (I won't prusue further too off topic)

I think it's a quite tedious series, not really interesting.

Gaiseric The Great said:
and even before he did Berserk he did a comic with one of the Hokuto' creators, Buronson

He did 2 one shots more exactly, Ohroh and its sequel Ohrohden, and started a series called Japan, that was abandoned after volume 1. All 3 of them feature a relatively crappy scenario.

Alucard is right about the blind praising of Hokuto no Ken being off topic, so let's keep it short or I'll have to move it elsewhere.

Aazealh said:
I think it's a quite tedious series, not really interesting.

He did 2 one shots more exactly, Ohroh and its sequel Ohrohden, and started a series called Japan, that was abandoned after volume 1. All 3 of them feature a relatively crappy scenario.

Alucard is right about the blind praising of Hokuto no Ken being off topic, so let's keep it short or I'll have to move it elsewhere.

We should move on indeed but there is nothing blind about my praising. 8)

I happen to dislike Isidro's child-like behavior (he is a kid) but I also see him as a little more than humor.  He is skilled in combat (though it could also be described as pure luck) due to Gutts training but I doubt he will be any sort of real contender.  I think his whole purpose is to die in a profound way.  Miura-san has a habit of creating characters just for the purpose of killing them off (ie. the Hawks) even though Isidro misses the likability of past  characters.

Gaiseric The Great said:
I don't know if people here like it. I’m fairly new here so I can’t speak for them. It's an (early) 80's manga that was so huge in Japan that it got it's own convention. It was a very influential series that you can see how far its influence spread to many of the other manga that have come since it ended. Certain panel techniques, certain character types are all due to that. The prequel series is Fist of the Blue Sky is one of the comics that Miura currently reads (and even before he did Berserk he did a comic with one of the Hokuto' creators, Buronson). He loves that era and has said in interviews in the past that he's a child of that era and of that series.

I personally love both those series (like Berserk, Fist is all about the manga) and they both deserve high endless praise.

Can't say I've read the Fist of the north star Manga but I hear it's good.... then again I also recall people saying the movie was a Anime classic as well.... ::)

Alucard just wondering...how much did you like Corkus? I agree that Miura definately makes some interesting chars...esspecially ones that he kills off, but not all of them are chars that are well liked.

NeverSoul said:
Alucard just wondering...how much did you like Corkus?

I kinda got a warm tingly feeling down my back whenever something bad happened to him.  Still I understood his motivations etc. So I was kinda sad when he died...  Then I remembered all the attitude and trouble he gave Gutts so the tingly feeling came back.  Why do you ask?

Miura-san has a habit of creating characters just for the purpose of killing them off (ie. the Hawks) even though Isidro misses the likability of past characters.

just backing you up on the possability of Isidro getting killed off but reminding you that not every character Miura drew us into was well liked

NeverSoul said:
just backing you up on the possability of Isidro getting killed off but reminding you that not every character Miura drew us into was well liked

True. He can make characters that are not well liked then kill them off. But he has enough interactions with that character so that you feel slightly bad they died.  But still nice comparison to Corkus.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

You guys have a really biased view of the characters... To the point where the thread becomes a bunch of subjective crap, like if you missed half of the story. Wonder why.

Alucard said:
I happen to dislike Isidro's child-like behavior (he is a kid) but I also see him as a little more than humor.

A little more? I'd say a lot more. See the recent episodes. He's a comical character at times, like Puck, but also a future key character.

He saved Casca, Schierke, and others numerous times already, and has a rather hard life, made of hard choices. I don't see the humor in a kid leaving his house at like 12yo to live alone in the Berserk world.

Alucard said:
He is skilled in combat (though it could also be described as pure luck)

Could it be? I don't think so. Really not.

Alucard said:
due to Guts training but I doubt he will be any sort of real contender.

He could hold his ground sort of, even before Guts trained him, and he's been learning mostly by himself, following Guts' advice to get his own fighting style and to use the advantages he's got. Guts didn't teach him to dual wield, or to make his "rolling attack".

Alucard said:
I think his whole purpose is to die in a profound way.

Wow, profound indeed.

Alucard said:
Miura-san has a habit of creating characters just for the purpose of killing them off (ie. the Hawks) even though Isidro misses the likability of past characters.

Isidro is to me as likable if not more than any of the old Hawks, including fucking Judo, and the reason is simple: he already has more character development on his side than them.

These characters were supposed to be dead from the beginning, it was a flashback, remember. Isidro has a future, while they don't. Isidro's life ain't easy, but he makes up for it, by always trying harder, and not losing hope. He's bragging because he's not self-confident enough.

Oh, and Corcas was a likable character. Since we've had people whining about opinions recently, don't forget that when you guys give your opinion about the characters, it's only that: an opinion.

Aazealh said:
You guys have a really biased view of the characters... To the point where the thread becomes a bunch of subjective crap, like if you missed half of the story. Wonder why.

I have read up to 27 and your on 28... He has been here since manga 19. Not half the story just until manga 27.

A little more? I'd say a lot more. See the recent episodes. He's a comical character at times, like Puck, but also a future key character.

He could be a key character true. I am just saying that I didn't like Corkus, I didn't like Isidro and I just wanted to express an opinion. I didn't know you would get this fired up about it.

Could it be? I don't think so. Really not.

His fights with ogers with no weapons in their hands and him with a one hit kill dagger? I would describe some as skill but when the going gets tough he gets insane luck. I saw some skill against the ogre general but not enough to qualify him as a kid who MAY be something in the future.

Wow, profound indeed.

Do you remember mangas 3-13? The Hawks? Whose whole purpose (aside from Caska) was to perish and profoundly effect Gutts. Ten manga on them and they are all dead. Just speculation. All I am saying is it fits a patern that Miura-san has.

He could hold his ground sort of, even before Guts trained him, and he's been learning mostly by himself, following Guts' advice to get his own fighting style and to use the advantages he's got. Guts didn't teach him to dual wield, or to make his "rolling attack".

I never said he was a pushover. I definatly wouldn't want to fight him. He improvised. He knows about improvisation. He is smart and skilled for his age (not as much as gutts) but lacks (IN MY OPINION) that same fire Gutts had because he wants to get skilled for a semi-selfish purpose.

Isidro is to me as likable if not more than any of the old Hawks, including fucking Judo, and the reason is simple: he already has more character development on his side than them.

More character development yes but he takes the seriousness away from Berserk. I happen to preffer Judo or even Corkus because their humor was more enjoyable when it happened. Judo was a developed character and Isidro is developing true but I happened to like Judo and the Hawks more than this kid who to me (opinion warning) is anoying.

These characters were supposed to be dead from the beginning, it was a flashback, remember. Isidro has a future, while they don't. Isidro's life ain't easy, but he makes up for it, by always trying harder, and not losing hope. He's bragging because he's not self-confident enough.

The Hawks were dead from the beginning true (though we didn't know Caska survived). My point is Isidro fits a certaing pattern. When he gets attached to in any sort of way by Gutts boom! He dies. Maybe not exactly like the Hawks but to give a fresh reminder to Gutts.

Oh, and Corcas was a likable character. Since we've had people whining about opinions recently, don't forget that when you guys give your opinion about the characters, it's only that: an opinion.

Whining? I think of it as people expressing vastly different opinions on one website deevoted to the one thing they all have in common, that even exists for the purpose of expressing opinions and speculating. We know it's ONLY an opinion. That's why we aren't getting pist at eachother ("he is the best character ever" "he is the worst" "no best" etc.). We know and respect eachothers opinions and are just trying to express exactly why we like or dislike it. Plus we also read the "... all opinions expressed to not represent..." part.

Sorry if I sounded insulting I don't mean to. I have alot of respect for what you and Walter do.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Alucard said:
I have read up to 27 and your on 28... He has been here since manga 19. Not half the story just until manga 27.

I'm not specifically talking to you, even if I quote you, and my point isn't how much of Berserk you've read, but how much you've understood/paid attention to.

Alucard said:
He could be a key character true. I am just saying that I didn't like Corkus, I didn't like Isidro and I just wanted to express an opinion. I didn't know you would get this fired up about it.

Or maybe he's already a key character. As for giving your opinion, it's all fine as long as it's not 4 posts of it without any argumentation.

Alucard said:
His fights with ogers with no weapons in their hands and him with a one hit kill dagger?

He didn't fight against OGRES but against trolls, he got down a big, armored one actually, and his dagger isn't anymore "one kill" than Serpico's feather sword.

Alucard said:
I would describe some as skill but when the going gets tough he gets insane luck.

What is "insane luck", as in "pure luck" (which means without any skill) like you said earlier? Tell me and I'll reply with all the luck the characters in Berserk get/got.

Alucard said:
I saw some skill against the ogre general but not enough to qualify him as a kid who MAY be something in the future.

Who decides what is enough or not to qualify things? You? Maybe you'd need to learn the names of the enemies before.

Alucard said:
Do you remember mangas 3-13? The Hawks? Whose whole purpose (aside from Caska) was to perish and profoundly effect Guts.

You're trying to teach me something?

Alucard said:
Ten manga on them and they are all dead. Just speculation. All I am saying is it fits a patern that Miura-san has.

I don't understand your point. I said it was a flashback and we knew it all along, you're telling me what? A speculation about character dying repeatedly? Is that supposed to make up for your previous greatly insightful comment?

Alucard said:
I never said he was a pushover. I definatly wouldn't want to fight him. He improvised. He knows about improvisation. He is smart and skilled for his age (not as much as Guts) but lacks (IN MY OPINION) that same fire Guts had because he wants to get skilled for a semi-selfish purpose.

Wow, and what was Guts' motivation already? "I like to swing my sword". Yeah, sure. Good job on comparing him to the almost invincible main character though, yeah, he sure isn't worth anything.

Alucard said:
More character development yes but he takes the seriousness away from Berserk.

Where was the seriousness of Berserk when Puck was throwing chestnut burrs at the thieves trying to gut Jill during the Lost Children chapter?

Alucard said:
I happen to preffer Judo or even Corkus because their humor was more enjoyable when it happened.

Once again, you forgot to add that it's just your opinion, the opinion of someone who probably doesn't get half the recent jokes in Berserk, because they're strongly related to the Japanese culture (you can prove me wrong when you want). Yeah, Judo was sure a very funny character, actually thinking back of him, I can't help but laugh.

Alucard said:
I happened to like Judo and the Hawks more than this kid who to me (opinion warning) is anoying.

Yeah, there you go. You condensed your great opinion, well argumented, formed after reading scans 3 or 4 times, into one line, instead of 5 posts. That's the good way, but since we're in the Character Grove section, something to illustrate your point of view would have been appreciated.

Alucard said:
The Hawks were dead from the beginning true (though we didn't know Caska survived).

Thanks to confirm, I wasn't sure.

Alucard said:
My point is Isidro fits a certaing pattern. When he gets attached to in any sort of way by Guts boom! He dies. Maybe not exactly like the Hawks but to give a fresh reminder to Guts.

But Causality is a spiral, remember ;). Not saying that the same exact thing happening the same way twice would be unoriginal as well as unlikely.

Alucard said:
Whining? I think...

I think you didn't get what I was referring to, not a big deal though. Was just pointing out that you're expressing your opinion like it's a fact.

Alucard said:
Sorry if I sounded insulting I don't mean to.

I'd prefer you to actually say something worth reading, not just the "Isidro/Puck is annoying, I want Guts to fuck Farnese and Casca to die, then to fight Griffith in beast form, because Guts is the hawk of light" usual newbie stuff.

Top Bottom