Left 4 Dead

Picked it up last night and got through half of the first campaign. As much as I love everything L4D2 has to offer, I'm loving the new dialogue. Some of it is so random and hilarious. Nick is the man btw. I didn't know there was a cricket bat in the game, very Shaun of the Dead in a good way. I love the boomer bile and seeing zombies tear into one another. :isidro:

Gamertag: Proj2501

Let's kill zombies! :guts:

I picked it up today, been playing it for about 4 hours. Love it. However, I find it a very diffcult game. I'm doing the "Dead Center" or what ever campaign on normal , and it feels like I'm playing L4D1 on "hard." That's single player. So, I went online and teamed up with some people and it was still pretty difficult, especially some of the task you have to complete in many of the episodes.
Events that would just keep hordes coming every five paces, until you deactivated such events.

One stage was so hard we came up with a least 8 or 9 plans out of trial and error. I find it pretty fun working together again and seeing people taking the game serious again. I found that a lot of the L4D1 online campaigns was littered with players jacking around and lost the will to strategically approach the game. That's just me though. I'm glad this game seems harder, it forces the players to be a tighter unit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
One stage was so hard we came up with a least 8 or 9 plans out of trial and error. I find it pretty fun working together again and seeing people taking the game serious again. I found that a lot of the L4D1 online campaigns was littered with players jacking around and lost the will to strategically approach the game. That's just me though. I'm glad this game seems harder, it forces the players to be a tighter unit.
Just curious after reading your above statements, are you playing on console or PC? I'm on PC, and have only heard horror stories from console players. I also play this game strictly with friends of mine, because pick-up-groups in L4D is pretty much asking to have a frustrating experience.

So far in L4D2, I've played through only one campaign on Advanced -- Dark Carnival. I could immediately tell Valve is using level design more effectively than in L4D1. The game has a lot more fun with itself instead of just focusing on the faux-horror movie aspects like in the former game. A dilapidated funhouse and love tunnel with zombie clown hordes? Yes, please! The final crescendo event is on a concert stage with pyrotechnics going off as you defend against two tanks and a massive pool of zombies who crowd around the front and sides of the stage like crazed fans :ganishka:

There are also minigames to play while at the theme park, like whackamole and a shooting gallery. Win the shooting gallery and it gives you a lawn gnome as a prize. If you carry that gnome through the entire campaign, you get an achievement: Guardin' Gnome. We got that last night :ubik:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I can defenitly feel the crunch of people playing L4D2 more then the original. Even on weekends, its hard to find a full game from the get go. =(

SaiyajinNoOuji

Yea... just to clarify, im still playing the original. I see the same people over and over again. I believe its related to where your download location/IP is at, but yea. Although on the bright side the team that I am on dominated a few people and when I come into a game with those people, they just leave! :ganishka:

This morning I checked how many were playing L4D and it was just barely over 6,000. Damn you L4D2! :mozgus:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
NightCrawler said:

http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday

28€

Kick in the nuts to all of us who pre-ordered and the ones who bought it after release. Seriously VALVe, can't you wait atleast a month? I mean, those who are going to buy it now are going to be some boycotters and random guys, but us, who trusted in you, respected you and showed our dedication to you by pre-ordering or buying right after release got cold shower. You've really let me down, VALVe

So true that i might even buy it. And i was one of the boycotters. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah this intrigues me. I wonder if it'll mean the campaign is an 8-player map, with each side controlling 4 human players. Or if it'll just be a normal 4 player campaign with crescendo help from the other 4.

Either way, awesome, though i think most of us saw this coming a while ago.

SaiyajinNoOuji

So whats up guys and gals. I need more people to play Left 4 Dead 2! its just me and my Korean friend that take people down! Lets embarrass ourselves with our SK.NET tags and make people think we are the worst clan ever! :carcus:

Anyways, I am having a blast with this game still.. especially since the wife and kids have been at the grandparents house, I have had a full week to play it non-stop. I love being the charger or boomer in Dead center... so many times to knock people out of the window. Also I always laugh if it happens to me.

Everyones attention still holding on it?

SaiyajinNoOuji

Time to rant... Charger's charge hit box. What the piss! I have seen it several times where I have charged right into the survivors but some how snaked right pass them and out of a window to my humilating death. :mozgus:

On the second hand when you do connect it makes it oh so much sweeter. Any of you guys play on the 8 vs 8 toronto server by chance? I am usually on there quite a bit. Would like to see more SK fellows or ladies to play with. :farnese:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I noticed that right away. The Charger has some serious collision detection problems as soon as you use the charge ability. In fact, I don't think I've ever effectively charged someone because of it.

I feel a little burned out on L4D2 because of how much time I crammed in for L4D1 last year. It's constantly on my Steam favorite games list begging me to play it, but I just feel like I have bigger fish to fry. I might give it a whirl tonight as I count down the hours to ME2. :ubik:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
It's constantly on my Steam favorite games list begging me to play it, but I just feel like I have bigger fish to fry. I might give it a whirl tonight as I count down the hours to ME2. :ubik:

That's what you get when you have 100 of steam games on your account. :azan:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Forgot to throw in the apostrophe s at the end.

Anyways, you foolio's need to try out the custom servers and their crazy server customizations.

Why just yesterday we were on a 10 vs 10 server where if you kileld a special infected, there was a chance that a healing item, witch, horde, or tank would drop/spawn from there. Needless to say that they were very fast rounds! :ganishka:

The memorable time that came from there was on the finale for swamp fever and we rush out of the safe house. My self and two others made it past the first few barrages of tanks and made it into the house and ran and started the even. The place was fucking crawling with hunters and chargers. We dodge, melee'ed and auto shot gunned our way and survived for a bit. Then the fucking tanks caught up. Im already hurt and limping with no time to heal. The one guy makes it to the boat and as I am trying to dodge the tanks, one tank jumps over me in hopes to catching the guy but I unload all my shots (hello x5 damage to tanks) and he dies... I can see the edge of the boat and as I try to jump into the boat... a fucking hunter gets me and incaps me... only one survivor... the whole server exploded in laughter and oh's and ah's.. It was pretty fucking awesome.

For whoever still plays L4D2.

Microsoft has confirmed that the first downloadable expansion for Left 4 Dead 2, The Passing, will be available on Xbox Live this Thursday, April 22 for 560 Microsoft Points.

Can't wait to see the new group meet the old one. I except amazing Francis and Ellis one liners. These two are meant to become best buds. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've been playing it about every night for the past month. It's still got a huge pool of players. The real question is: are there still people who play it on 360, and why?

And yeah, The Passing will provide a much-anticipated shot in the arm for the same-old, same-old campaign lineup.

I do. :(
I have Mac. (Yeah, I know. Spare me the comments.) Don't have disposal cash to get a PC just for gaming. When I do though I will. I keep teasing myself by looking at models but just can't afford or justify it. I would really like to play shooters on PC like I used to when I was younger.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I do. :(
I have Mac. (Yeah, I know. Spare me the comments.) Don't have disposal cash to get a PC just for gaming. When I do though I will. I keep teasing myself by looking at models but just can't afford or justify it. I would really like to play shooters on PC like I used to when I was younger.

Well Steam is coming out for Macs soon enough. Just hang tight! :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
If I have a Mac, I can't play with you if you're on PC. Right?
It'll be through Steam, and it's an official Valve game, so I think it'll be cross-platform, yeah. But that remains to be seen.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/news/

"...Furthermore, Mac and Windows players will be part of the same multiplayer universe, sharing servers, lobbies, and so forth. We fully support a heterogeneous mix of servers and clients. The first Mac Steam client will be the new generation currently in beta testing on Windows."

Top Bottom