Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Bok Choy [Exams done!] said:
Ah jeez... it was just my initial reaction to the title. Even if it has some significance, militarily or to the MGS storyline, it still sounds like a terrible title to me personally. If Konami wants to advertise their game better, they have to come up with a more catchy title rather than using a lame sounding, vague military term or whatever the heck Kojima intended with that title.
well sons of liberty's name was based off of american history, so why not this one? I personally feel that Kojima goes crazy with sequels names such as going from metal gear to metal gear2 snakes revenge to metal gear solid to metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty to metal gear solid 3 snake eater...maybe he should just leave it as metal gear solid 3. and he did the same with zoe with the extensive titles.

wow everyone has been Hauged! (and I will be for saying hauge instead of Hague)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Kojima had nothing to do with Snake's Revenge. That's probably why it sucked so bad.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
ShinHell (studying for regents & finals) said:
wow everyone has been Hauged! (and I will be for saying hauge instead of Hague)

Errr.... NO, seeing as me and other people who contested Hague's cryptic statement didn't really get burnt by him... :p. When I criticized the title, it was more of a criticism over style and how it sounded and the rather subjective "coolness" factor involved. Even knowing about the "Snake Eater" title given to Vietnam Special Ops doesn't negate the fact that the title still sounds pretty lame.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Oh shut up. I think it looks like the sexiest game evar. I loved MGS2, in spite of all the hate it gets, so shut up and suck my dick till bleeds a mixture of sperm and blood. Ahem.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
theblakeman said:
Oh shut up. I think it looks like the sexiest game evar. I loved MGS2, in spite of all the hate it gets, so shut up and suck my dick till bleeds a mixture of sperm and blood. Ahem.

Spoken like a true flamer... ^_^

G

Genn21

:eek: , i got hagued for the same reason choy but only because i insulted the loser teeny haxor's that produce these type of rumours,and the goobs that listen to them , damn you hague you cant win, btw blakey no sperm and blood mixtures on the berserk bbs i think its a ealier rule paragraph a-47b right above the one where cant ritually sacrifice a admin if we want to go berserk.. i did however notice a rule that says if hague is ever wrong i will be Right (menical laughter ) muhahahaha... ( i need a good asain woman :p )

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I guess I am a flamer but I was in a bad mood then...and my perverted mind allows me to speak such obcenities ;p

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
theblakeman said:
I guess I am a flamer but I was in a bad mood then...and my perverted mind allows me to speak such obcenities ;p

What are you doing up so early, man?

LOL

LG

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Hope yet for MGS3!

Hate to dredge up an old topic but I read on some gaming forum that MGS3 is not going to be about Solid Snake but going to center around Big Boss when he was a younger man. Yeah, it's old news but I found about it only recently.

It's going to take place in the 1960's during the height of the Cold War... further evidence that MGS3 has Big Boss as the main character. It makes sense since Snake is a clone of Big Boss. Thank god Hideo Kojima is not continuing the "magic hand" plot of MGS2.

At E3, there was Konami pamphlet for MGS3 that mysteriously had the "Big Boss" name spelled somewhere among the jumble of letters:

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44871

And oh, apologies to Olivier Hague... yes, I should have done more research... :p:

Play: "What does the subtitle of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, mean?"

Hideo Kojima: "I guess it's a nickname for the Delta Force and the Green Berets. And the theme of the game is the jungle and you have to survive by finding food. You'll be eating snakes literally, and yourself are a Snake. And then you saw it says "the birth of reptiles" in the trailer. There may be a couple of hidden messages in the name too, but we can't yet reveal them."

snake eater is a prequel to the series (some peeps think big boss might be the main char.) and the name comes from a ritual done during the vietnam war in which rookies ate venomous snakes to prove themsleves.

Ahhh, yes. The name "snake eater" truly is like a beautiful siren song to my ear. But alas! The ignorant masses simply do not comprehend it's pure brilliance! Ah, I am so far above their realm it does not concern me. Now! I must venture forth, finding openings to state something that's painfully obvious to everyone, een the one thought not to know it, so I may look smart! huzzah!

There's one thing that pisses me off is that why Nintendo wanted to remake MGS 1 why not remake the first MGS I think It came out in Nintendo or super Nintendo don't know which. Because most of us hasn't played that game. Were Solid Snake meets that Ninja dude what's his name fox I think and then later on Snake kills Big Boss. The only reason I know this info is because it was mention in MGS 1 on playstion. So why not remake the first ever MGS game so that players that never got to play that game get to play it.

CRAZYBERSERKER said:
There's one thing that pisses me off is that why Nintendo wanted to remake MGS 1 why not remake the first MGS
Er... I assume you mean the first "Metal Gear" game?
Kojima doesn't want to remake "Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake". He already reused some ideas from these games in the new ones. I guess they're just "background stories", now.
I think It came out in Nintendo or super Nintendo don't know which.
MSX.

MSX is for losers. NES all the way! I know metal gear was on NES, and I know there was one on MSX that wasn't on NES, but I don't remember if at was the second or third.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
MSX is for losers. NES all the way! I know metal gear was on NES, and I know there was one on MSX that wasn't on NES, but I don't remember if at was the second or third.

It was the second. Snake's Revenge wasn't an official Metal Gear title, at least not by Kojima.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The MSX one is indeed worth installing and learning the emulator to play. It's like a psuedo-MGS. The soundtrack rules as well.

I just meant NES is better in general, because I'm a stupid american and keyboards have many buttons that confuse me so my stupid self opted for the 3 button TV box that plays mario.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
I just meant NES is better in general, because I'm a stupid american and keyboards have many buttons that confuse me so my stupid self opted for the 3 button TV box that plays mario.
Get a USB/PS controller adapter. Totally changes emulation.

heh, actually I was saying that to note that MSX and XEGS and all those computer-ish things never took off in america.

I was planning to pick up a microsoft sidewinder, They're supported by a ton of emulators and like $15. I should have broadband in a few days, too.

And oddly enough, my 750 mhz duron comp. with an 8mb TnT2 card can emulate PS games at 800x600 full speed. not bad, but that thing's hard drive is a sad, sad, thing. It should be put out of it's misery.

Top Bottom