MICHAEL BAY'S transformers 2

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I personally was able to dodge the Bay factor on the 1st movie. But I think that after watching Transformers 2, I am almost positive that my body developed some sort of anal fungus. Really, Bay went all out on this one and he's not taking any prisoners. The sad part was that my expectations were already at their low, but I figured giving it the benefit of the doubt... NOPE, didn't work.

I saw this the other day and thought it was pretty good. I kinda thought it was going into the beast wars area but it didn't =(. I grew up a fan of the 80's toons and then on after so its a pleasure just seeing them on the big screen. There were some things I didn't like I.E the no back story to the new bots, the college dude and some others. But I liked it and I plan on seeing every 80's cartoon turned movie that's coming out because I want to.

I grew up watching them so I cant part with them if I'm deemed by "not having good taste" then fuck you who asked you in the first place. I watch what I watch because I want to. But any how cant wait for the next one probably will have Unicron should be awesome.

I never got into the cartoon. But is it really so bad to enjoy a Michael Bay film or two? At least if its watchable. I've seen worst. The effects don't look bad at all. The story is kinda slapped together IMO. Lots of stuff going on. But again it is a Michael Bay film. I don't think he missed the point with Transformer as I think he did with Pearl Harbor.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I hate to be elitist about something as goofy as Transformers, but I do feel like Bay did miss the point (such as it was) with Transformers.

If the point is 'robots in disguise' then this one did hit it, yeah. I dug the hell out of Devestator's intro scene, that was just plain fucking cool. But...

Autobots are supposed to be heroes. Like, goofy upstanding amounts of heroic heroes. They are not supposed to be the kind of guys who use 'Imma tear off your face' as a standard battle tactic. That's supposed to be the Decepticon way of life. For me it's like going to a GI Joe movie and getting to see the Joes use white phosphorus on the Cobra troops.

But the way they've done the Decepticons in these films, what else can the Autobots do? The Cons are nearly characterless hordes of space monsters. There's nothing else for the Autobots to do but go find them and stomp them.

It sounds dumb as hell to say I expect more depth out of Transformers, the franchise originally created to make a cash cow out of a mishmash of old Japanese toy lines, but... I do!

For the first transformer movie I thought some smart cutting will make the movie be pretty decent you know removing every scene with the parents, the stupid dog, sector 6, the stupid scientists who only speak cliche techspeech and do nothing for the story other than saying, omg Signal, Quantum computer blah blah blah and any robot jokes about urination. Still transformers 2 out did itself, maybe with some smart cutting we could get a decent action flick, all I would remove would be:

1.The twin cars specially the jar jar binks looking /acting one (or just kill them in the first 10 minutes of the movie , that would be even better)
2. Remove Audio where Optimus Prime gives punch lines
3. The college hackers
4. Any scene with the dog or the parents, specially the mother.
5. Any robot scenes where they cry, act old, fart or hump people (they just ruined one of the sweetest planes ever the SR71 blackbird) .
6. Remove any scenes where soldiers do nothing but get killed.

If we did removed all that we would definitley get a sweet 45 (maybe 30) minute episode of the best transformers CG since BeastWars.

Top Bottom