MICHAEL BAY'S transformers 2

ELEKTRO said:
The problem with me from the first Transformers movie were

1. too much absurd techno babble, sometimes it just seemed they just went to the scientific american website and they randomly chose technological concepts and smashed them togheter to confuse the audience in to thinking that many of the characters on the movie were really smart.

2. Ridiculous robot comedy around half of the movie like the ones involving Robot's peeing OIL

3. In the beginning they developed a lot of characters that end up having no porpoise.

Other than that I liked the first movie but it could have been much more better

Quite true, but the first movie was basicly an introduction (even though it was quite quick) to the characters etc. Although I was abit disappointed due to the amount of way too much human interaction in the first, thankfully crappy actors like Anthony Anderson & Rachal Taylor are not in this movie.

Also whats more, I heard from Tyrese Gibson that "The stakes have been brought up to a whole 'nother level... The conflict between the humans and the Decepticons -- and between the Autobots and the Decepticons -- it's just more angry"

I just hope that Starscream & Megatron do have there leadership squabbles in the sequal, Asuming if Megs comes back.

And as for Shia Lebouf, Lets all direct our hatred towards him.

Having recently been influenced to develop a love for giant robots I can say that I was sometimes entertained by the first film.

It could've should've been alot more about the title and less about hoeface and shithead.

Oburi

All praise Grail
_Noone_ said:
Having recently been influenced to develop a love for giant robots I can say that I was sometimes entertained by the first film.

It could've should've been alot more about the title and less about hoeface and shithead.

word

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
I just want to give everyone the heads up that the teaser trailer for ROTF is gonna be attached to the Super Bowl tomorow! Hope your all geared for it.
Am I intrinsically supposed to know what the fuck ROTF is?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I think it's on his signature Walter. Revenge OF The Fallen. ROTF. Or am I wrong??
Ah, I have signatures turned off to make SKnet more work-safe :schnoz:

I figured he meant the sequel, but I'd prefer people not post cryptic acronyms and expect us TBEAT. YKWIM? ... OY? Well, FU.

I still haven't seen the original Transformers, and don't have any real desire to. Can anyone here convince me that I've missed out on something worthwhile?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
I still haven't seen the original Transformers, and don't  have any real desire to. Can anyone here convince me that I've missed out on something worthwhile?

You didn't miss out on anything, but you have to keep in mind I'm really biased.

Edit: It's basically a bunch of explosions with dialog wrapped around it to give it the feel of a structured story.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:

I figured he meant the sequel, but I'd prefer people not post cryptic acronyms and expect us TBEAT. YKWIM? ... OY? Well, FU.

I still haven't seen the original Transformers, and don't have any real desire to. Can anyone here convince me that I've missed out on something worthwhile?

I"ll say you only miss good Computer Generated effects. Aside from that you are safe

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:

Just watch the last 45 minutes of the movie. The fighting in the city is cool because of the effects, I was actually very impressed when I saw it in theaters. I did however, sleep through the first half of the film, it's that bad.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Just watch the last 45 minutes of the movie. The fighting in the city is cool because of the effects, I was actually very impressed when I saw it in theaters. I did however, sleep through the first half of the film, it's that bad.

In my opinion it is bad to sleep through a movie. Movies are suppose to make you watch it not sleep. I say this, because I like to watch the introduction, then the climax, and finally a conclusion if there is no sequel.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
In my opinion it is bad to sleep through a movie. Movies are suppose to make you watch it not sleep. I say this, because I like to watch the introduction, then the climax, and finally a conclusion if there is no sequel.

Trust me, I know movies. And I have seen Transformers all the way through many, many times. But when I saw it first in theaters I did fall asleep. I think I even posted in a thread when it first came out that it was the first time I have ever fallen asleep in a theater before, it has been the only one since. Having said that, Transformers is the worst, most overrated, sellout garbage that appeals to the absolute lowest common dominator of moviegoers. The only thing Walter is missing, like YOU already stated, are the special effects, most of which are at the end.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
My favorite robots in the first movie were Jazz [The token black robot] and Mountain Dew bot [the token product placement robot]

Skullgrin140 said:
I think we all know its not the 80's anymore, Things cant stay the same forever.

True, but they didn't have to ruin a loved series like Transformers. Hell the story alone is weak compared to the 30 minute episodes from the tv show. I'm not going to see this [unless my brother makes me], so enjoy it.

Top Bottom