Movies to dread

There are a couple of films I am dreading as well as can't be arsed with, this is one of them that depresses me the most.

totalrecall2012moviepos.jpg

I just don't get why Total Recall is being remade, I loved the original and is probably one of my favorite movies. But seeing this poster as well as the trailer itself, it just looks really uneven and another film that is heavily relying on CG and well made action set pieces. I'm aware that Total Recall was originally based off a Phillip K. Dick story and this film might actually hold closer to that than the Schwarzenegger film in some way, but I don't think Farrell will ever be able to top Schwarzenegger's performance as Douglas Quaid especially since it was always hilarious watching his performance half the time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I was hoping they'd try to top the original in some regard:

total_recall.jpg

Anyway, while Total Recall is famous for it, let us not forget that Star Trek V, directed by the great William Shatner, featured a 3 breasted alien chick in 1989, a year before Recall (also, for some reason, she's part feline =):

3breasted-startreka.jpg

Also, Al Bundy proposed the concept in 1988, with a twist:

STEVE: Why is it that only women see Elvis? Men at least see U.F.O.'s. Something useful for mankind.

AL: I think we see U.F.O.'s because we have to. It's our only way out of here. The only
thing that keeps me going is thinking that one day, a spaceship will land. Hopefully
on garbage day. Then a gorgeous Martian with three big hooters comes out and says
"I can't speak, I have no parents, and I have no idea what good sex is. Hop aboard.
My planet, su planet."

STEVE: What's the third hooter for?

AL: One in the back for dancing. Y'know what the worst part is?

STEVE: No one dances slow anymore?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
What is with these guys? Extra boobies should be ventral, not lateral...

92f0661ddfe1.jpg

THE WARRIOR & THE SORCERESS (1984)

(if it doesn't show it's cause I'm stealing bandwidth from http://kinosiski.livejournal.com/93154.html)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sextuple-breasted, and ventrally, in 1983:

4219-15886.jpg

Return of the Jedi's Yarna d'al' Gargan for the win.

2 teasers out for Man Of Steel ...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/man-of-steel/trailers/man-of-steel-teaser-trailer-30051313.html

http://movies.uk.msn.com/exclusives/video.aspx?videoid=3522edb4-bf76-47b8-978f-ea62edeb4e07&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink

Few things ...

1. The beginning felt like I was watching Deadliest Catch on Discovery.
2. He's on some sort of soul-searching journey ... like Wayne in Batman Begins ... huh.
3. Snyder's adopted Terrance Malick's style of filming.
4. Snyder isn't credited as 'From the VISIONARY Director of 300' :ubik:

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
According to some leaked script for the new Robocop (the authenticity of which I doubt anyone can vouch for), concerning the suit:

They run through several variations and even focus group a few of them. The first set looks very similar to the original Robocop design, but is rejected because it reminds the focus group of a "toy from the 80s." After that they make it more sleek and black.

I'm assuming this is meant to be a commentary on remakes, but I'm probably giving these people too much credit.

Top Bottom