New AOW Guts statue (Berserk's armor)

Rhombaad said:
Damnit, the more I thought about this statue today the more angry I'm getting that they released another Guts statue. True, he is my favorite character and the lead in the story, but there are a lot of other cool characters who they don't have any statues for yet, like Serpico! :puck: GAH! Oh well, it looks decent enough...I kinda hope it's a prototype and the face looks better on the final version...the face on this one is about as bad as the Guts Maken statue. :SK:

It's cause they want to feed their kids :p.

I hate to say it as much as anyone but if it isn't Guts, Griff(Femto) or Zodd it doesn't sell near as well. I'd kill for an Irvine, Serpico or Locus. I bet we'll see another Guts Berserker in some sort of standing position in the next year or so.

In the end we're the buyers and we have the ultimate power to not buy it if we determinte the product isn't something we want.

As far as the face. Still hard to say from the blurry pictures. No one seems to get the face right kit sculptors AoW or otherwise. Faces are the hardest thing to sculpt though look at Sideshow's LotRs humans *shudder*. Weta is sculpting those and they are the freakin guys that did alot of the affects for the movies!

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'd say the primary reason why I don't buy the AOW statues isn't because of their FUF editions, however that does help with the decision not to, but its because the statues are waaaaaay outside my budget. Sure, create the limited editions with the number and everything (to give the collector some sense of pride). But then also create the statue en masse so the rest of us peons can have one.

Maiku said:
Faces are the hardest thing to sculpt though look at Sideshow's LotRs humans *shudder*. Weta is sculpting those and they are the freakin guys that did alot of the affects for the movies!

EDIT: Never mind I misread your post...

CnC said:
Um, I don't mean to derail the topic, but I thought the busts and faces the LOTR statues are good (or at least the ones I saw). Or at least, are much better than most of the faces of Guts I've seen done by AOW... :troll:

Dude

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/large/9412.jpg

I collect the monsters from LotR and the general consensus of the circles I travel is that the faces suck. Also keep in mind that is in a much larger scale to work with than AoW. We're looking at statues with a face the size of a penny it's going to be hard to make that look like somebody. I'm not saying AoW is excused for the poor faces just that faces are hard.

CnC

Ad Oculos
ah. so I didn't mis-read your post. My bad :guts:

Anyways, I'm aware that sculpting faces is difficult. However it is my opinion that the faces of AOW's guts figures are far worse than the LOTR busts. However, I concede that I'm not a serious collector of such things and am not privy to the circles you travel in. I'm merely basing my opinion on personal tastes (and/or proportion problems).

Now I realize that it must be hard to make a face fit on a penny (Lincoln aside :guts:). However, if they KNOW that its hard to do, AND that they've had little to no success doing it, than its obvious they're working in the wrong medium. Either increase the size so the face doesn't look like complete shit, or get someone who can create a good enough face to fit that size.
I, for one, don't like to sacrifice quality in these sorts of things, but I guess thats just a circle all to myself...

CnC said:
Either increase the size so the face doesn't look like complete shit,

Berserk bobble heads? Interesting idea.

The point is with the LotR is that they have a bigger area to work with and they still suck. Done with that subject since we aren't here to debate it.

I for one think it looks pretty sweet, wish I could afford it though.

I love that pose, looks more "Actiony" then a lot of the other Guts statues besides the horse statue.

R

-rob-

Is this pose taken from an exact picture out of the manga? (Like the Magun and Boscogne were) Or is this just a random pose?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Its supposedly taken from the makara fight, before Guts lost control to the beast. As to which panel thats from, or if they're actually referencing a direct panel, I'm not sure.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
28th, huh?
Aazealh said:
Revervations will start on october 28, at 11:00AM Japan time. Price should be 25,000円 ($216).

-rob- said:
Is this pose taken from an exact picture out of the manga? (Like the Magun and Boscogne were) Or is this just a random pose?
Aazealh said:
the statue depicts Guts in the Berserk's armor as he's just about to attack the Makara on the beach in episode 241 (he's sleeveless and helmless), with the DS being almost vertical.

It's all in the first post, guys...

And yeah, the pose is dynamic compared to the others (with the exception of the "Attack Form"), Guts is really just about to attack.

R

-rob-

I've made up my mind I am getting this! Expect to see a Grunbeld Normal on Ebay sometime pretty soon! The pics Aazealh posted the 1 on the top and the 1 on the top right are what convinced me.

id really like to see some better pics before ordering, but im wondering which to get since i prolly will cave regardless :serpico:

id think that the croc would be more accurate as pertaining to the manga, but i dont wanna miss out on a sweet looking apostle figure while i get something that looks like a souvenier from the steve erwin show :puck:

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow. The only pic they have on art of war is a horribly blown up pic. All kinds of grain and fuzziness in it. However I can still tell it has a horrible FUF problem...

Congrats to the new owners. :troll:

CnC said:
wow. The only pic they have on art of war is a horribly blown up pic. All kinds of grain and fuzziness in it. However I can still tell it has a horrible FUF problem...

Congrats to the new owners. :troll:

Japanese page has much better pictures for both.

I ordered Exclusive I, but I didn't know what it was talking about with the country code for the phone number. This is my first order from AoW.

I ordered the Croc version (exclusive 1).

Also, anyone notice this?

=====Taken from AOW Site====
Guts: Berserker Exclusive 1 is bloody version featuring specially molded crocodile exclusive base. The injured arm of Guts is detachable part and you could display according to your own preference.

Guts: Berserker Exclusive 2 is bloody version featuring specially molded exclusive base.
=========================

I wonder what that's all about.

And manga experts... does that apostle look like any apostle in particular, or is it just something generic? I for one, can't recognize him... it... thing...

And to make things easier:
CROC
OP31130464435_3.jpg

APOSTLE
OP31130464614_3.jpg

R

-rob-

Got Croc Version!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I WAS GONNA GET THE MAGUN TOO!!! IT WAS AVAILABLE EARLIER TODAY WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???? :'( :'( :'(

Derek update the Magun Page, it is no longer available on ArtOfWar. :'(

Top Bottom