New here, Hello Everyone.

As the title states I'm new to the forum and the site in general but not new to the series in the slightest. I just wanted to make an introduction to everyone on here and share a bit of information on myself, as well as thanking the mods for approving my request.

I'm currently 22 and got into Berserk in my mid-late teens, probably around 16 or so, but only ever read the Black Swordsman Arc back then and stopped before even getting to Golden Age. I later got re-introduced to the series in college around when the pandemic hit and have been basically addicted to consuming as much Berserk content as physically possible ever since. I've read the manga, listen to the 1997 OST far more than I'd care to admit, I've played the DreamCast, PS2 and Band of The Hawk games, I'm currently getting into skullcast as well, I've also watched most of the anime adaptations, I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the 2016 one, and I've really just loved and appreciated the series in many different ways and look forward to sharing my love and appreciation of it with fellow members who feel the same about it.

I've also got a question regarding the avatars for the site. I found them all very charming and neat and was wondering if there's anywhere to maybe get higher/bigger quality images of them somewhere on here.

Thank you for reading my personal novel and I look forward to hanging out around here some more and meeting new people. Take care and keep on struggling

- Crisis

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome!

I've also got a question regarding the avatars for the site. I found them all very charming and neat and was wondering if there's anywhere to maybe get higher/bigger quality images of them somewhere on here.

Avatars like the one you're using mostly come from the official trading card game, with others being from other various illustrations (cover art, volume posters, artbooks...). They're intentionally small given their purpose on the forum.

im pretty new and not nearly as well versed in berserk as im sure you are but welcome to the forums! you mentioned that you played the ps2 berserk game, did you just play in Japanese or is there an English file out there that i could play. if so please let me know because it looks like the best video game adaptation

Hi and welcome!

Avatars like the one you're using mostly come from the official trading card game, with others being from other various illustrations (cover art, volume posters, artbooks...). They're intentionally small given their purpose on the forum.
Thank you so much for the answer, I'll try and look into them more, I recognized the few from volume/cover art but I didn't even know about the trading card game. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

im pretty new and not nearly as well versed in berserk as im sure you are but welcome to the forums! you mentioned that you played the ps2 berserk game, did you just play in Japanese or is there an English file out there that i could play. if so please let me know because it looks like the best video game adaptation
Thank you. I emulated an English patched version of the game, it shouldn't be too hard to find if you know about emulating games and sites to download the files from. I would provide a link but I don't know if that would be violating any of the guidelines but I have found a bunch of different sites with it in the past. It definitely is the best out of the 3 games but can also be a bit of a drag at times with the large levels and endlessly spawning enemies but it's still a fun experience to have at least.

Thank you so much for the answer, I'll try and look into them more, I recognized the few from volume/cover art but I didn't even know about the trading card game. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

Thank you. I emulated an English patched version of the game, it shouldn't be too hard to find if you know about emulating games and sites to download the files from. I would provide a link but I don't know if that would be violating any of the guidelines but I have found a bunch of different sites with it in the past. It definitely is the best out of the 3 games but can also be a bit of a drag at times with the large levels and endlessly spawning enemies but it's still a fun experience to have at least.
thanks man!

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
thanks man!
I'd also recommend playing the Dreamcast game if you haven't. I was able to get an actual physical copy of the English version of the game that still worked (a risky and expensive endeavor, so I do not recommend this route). Like the PS2 game, it can be pretty easily emulated, and this version handled a lot better for me.

I'd also recommend playing the Dreamcast game if you haven't. I was able to get an actual physical copy of the English version of the game that still worked (a risky and expensive endeavor, so I do not recommend this route). Like the PS2 game, it can be pretty easily emulated, and this version handled a lot better for me.
i own a dreamcast so i think ill grab a physical copy

Top Bottom