Olivier is gone

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Sorry...but could anyone PM me and tell me what happened that he left? Apparently it has to do with Paradise Lost and a vote or something...but I still don't follow.

Eddie said:
Sorry...but could anyone PM me and tell me what happened that he left? Apparently it has to do with Paradise Lost and a vote or something...but I still don't follow.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4040.0

Its here...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
ok so I'm not allowed to ship of for Basic Trianing till monday, because of them needing some documents from me. Now this, we should just have paradise lost ip banned and inform him he is no longer welcome here. Not only did he create a couple dozen shitty threads per day he also made Olivier leave.

Olivier if you're reading this, please come back man.

Walter said:
When I finally logged on and found out Olivier had left, my initial reaction was: "Fuck it. I quit." With him no longer here... what's the point? There's something majorly wrong with the community if our most informed member chooses to leave. And if you've read the fading News at the top of the main forums, changes are ahead.

Remember that this is a forum.
Everybody deserves to be respected if he gives his respect to others
And, if the most informed person is an asshole and chooses to leave then so be it (don't get me wrong here: I don't say this for Olivier - just an example that serves as an argument to the case)
Anyway, the most informed on Berserk is Miura Studio and the ones that print his work, I guess. What about people that translate each YA issue? I believe honour goes to these guys overthemost.
There is still point to running this forum.
The way I see it, this ain't Olivier's site or about him, it's a BERSERK fan forum.
Yes, Olivier is a man that had contacts with some team that dealt with Berserk and his loss is a great one over here I guess.
But remember that this is a forum and not a site.
If we were talking about a non-forum site and his webmaster lost his most valuable source, then Walter's note is 100% to the point.
But fortunatelly or unfortunatelly this is a forum
And in my opinion without it there would be no YA translations

puella

Berserk forever
I'd say Olivier's withdrawl is something like a Tsunami on SK.
I thought about that in many ways but couldn't find a good solution.
Anyway, I put his email address for those who might want to send him a message to tell him how much we miss and appreciate him and ask him to come back.

o_hague@noos.fr

Anyway, it's true we're closing the barn door after the horse is stolen. :'(

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
xechnao said:
Remember that this is a forum.
Everybody deserves to be respected if he gives his respect to others
And, if the most informed person is an asshole and chooses to leave then so be it (don't get me wrong here: I don't say this for Olivier - just an example that serves as an argument to the case)
Anyway, the most informed on Berserk is Miura Studio and the ones that print his work, I guess. What about people that translate each YA issue? I believe honour goes to these guys overthemost.
There is still point to running this forum.
The way I see it, this ain't Olivier's site or about him, it's a BERSERK fan forum.
Yes, Olivier is a man that had contacts with some team that dealt with Berserk and his loss is a great one over here I guess.
But remember that this is a forum and not a site.
If we were talking about a non-forum site and his webmaster lost his most valuable source, then Walter's note is 100% to the point.
But fortunatelly or unfortunatelly this is a forum
And in my opinion without it there would be no YA translations
Actually if the guy running the site (Walter and Co.) says that Olivier was the BOARD then yea it is his site.

BiQ_

" ... "
:'(

While I wholeheartedly wish that Mr. Hague would reconsider his decision, I really wonder if he wants to have his e-mail in-box filled with people asking for his return. So, I'm not going to send him e-mail about this. And everyone that really feels like it, well, no one has really any power to stop you... but I'd like to remind you to be very careful with it.

puella

Berserk forever
BiQ-- said:
:'(

While I wholeheartedly wish that Mr. Hague would reconsider his decision, I really wonder if he wants to have his e-mail in-box filled with people asking for his return. So, I'm not going to send him e-mail about this.

Yeah,you could be right. I also thought about that. But what other way do we have now? Just wait and cry?

but I'd like to remind you to be very careful with it.

True. It should be done very carefully.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Actually if the guy running the site (Walter and Co.) says that Olivier was the BOARD then yea it is his site.

Yeah but this is a forum and other people post too...I doupt everyone saw it only the way you say it is, including people that have posted their translations

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
xechnao said:
including people that have posted their translations
It's not just translations Xechnao...

BiQ-- said:
I really wonder if he wants to have his e-mail in-box filled with people asking for his return. So, I'm not going to send him e-mail about this. And everyone that really feels like it, well, no one has really any power to stop you... but I'd like to remind you to be very careful with it.
theres a few in this community which know how to address Olivier. 

puella said:
Yeah,you could be right. I also thought about that. True. It should be done very carefully.
shame on you  :p (joke)
Actually... I keep thinking about that post you did on Paradise Mod.

quote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Guys, suck your toenails or scratch your ass if you are damn bored, not playing with this board. And also don't play with PL and Olivier.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
Yeah but this is a forum and other people post too...I doupt everyone saw it only the way you say it is, including people that have posted their translations

I don't think that those of us that haven't contributed anything of practical value should speak for those that have. Puella, for one, has made her position very clear.

Anyway, you've expressed your opinion, so be content.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Wereallmad said:
Well, it's over. Without Olivier, this place may as well be the Hawks forum.
Thats going a little too far, at least our head admin isn't a self justified ass like thewhitehawk.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, your status as a Great Old One coupled with the rarity of which you post has given your words the grave weight of somekind of prophet of doom. Or maybe it's just because it's true.

SK.net's own Cassandra.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well as the words of Walter said.... When will judgement day happen? I suppose for someone people its a little to late for any apologizing or any of that. Well I guess we had this coming.

SaiyajinNoOuji

xechnao said:
No, of course not...but this board can and should still go on IMO
Well regardless of what we want, it is going to be all up to Walter and Co. So all we can do is just wait and see what happens.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
"Griffith No More!" said:
Wow, your status as a Great Old One coupled with the rarity of which you post has given your words the grave weight of somekind of prophet of doom. Or maybe it's just because it's true.

SK.net's own Cassandra.

Maybe when PL tries to sneak back in with a giant wooden skull-horse. For now I'm just a pessamist.

DemonX said:
I hate PL now.

No point hating him, PL is not coming back, and so is Olivier (Of coz i hope i am wrong for him)...

Anyway Xechnao i agree with you, we must embrace ourselves whatever we face... If we did manage the board well it might prompt olivier to return again... but my point across is that i did hope you will have no prejudice against him (since u are he only one who dare to oppose him)

Anyway no more stupid noob who spoil the board... More stringent requirement is needed to join this board >:(

Lliugusamui

around the corner
So many Americans crying on the loss of a french fellow. Is it me or is there something unnatural ? :p
Of course, this is a loss for every sk.net berserk fan here. Anyhow, I think we should trust in Aazealh's and some others' capacities to do something good of this place anew.
So take your decision as you feel like, Walter.
Be seeing you.
Guil

well, i never actually talked to Olivier i dont think,

but i did truly appreciate all of the info on Berserk he gave us,

i dont know anything about pl, i wasnt here back in the day,

but i dont think the forum or site should stop because him or anyone else leaves, except for Walter of course  :-X

but we are here for Berserk,

and although we may not be as educated before it is released, we will still get to see the incredible art and story that is presented before us in Kentaro Miura's Berserk,

once again we are here for Berserk,

i mean, i enjoy making stuff for Berserk, and i am not the best at anything, but my new video promotes skullknight.net and i was going to post it in some music video sites to get more people to come here and see Berserk,

more people into Berserk = better for Miura, right?  ???

should i not now since the best Berserk site is going away? or will it still be here to see Berserk in all of Kentaro's glory?

should i stop making cool Berserk things too?

i really think this is getting blown out of proportion and eventually everything will be ok and we will still get Berserk

- C

ps. i just want Berserk  :'(

and vol 6 is on its way, and i just bought my judea action figure to go in my display case today from media play!  ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

C said:
more people into Berserk = better for Miura, right?  ???

Not necessarily.. If it brings retard people here, well we don't want them. See what it brings? This whole board is Topsyturvy because of dumb people.

Top Bottom