Olivier is gone

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Not necessarily.. If it brings retard people here, well we don't want them. See what it brings? This whole board is Topsyturvy because of dumb people.

Retard people will come if berserk is well known or not. When berserk was not that known in the americas, there were still idiots that came here (for example, PL). The power lies in the hands of the admins, to quarentine, delete, or ban those members.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
DemonX said:
Retard people will come if berserk is well known or not. When berserk was not that known in the americas, there were still idiots that came here (for example, PL). The power lies in the hands of the admins, to quarentine, delete, or ban those members.
Well yes it is true they are everywhere but there are even more now.

This is when he's gone that some of you start saying compliments about him.. I never brought anything to the board, like A LOT of people here. I can count on my fingers those who give the soul of this board. All the others brought shit, only SHIT. Like Olivier said, it's been years, before I came here, there was shit. I still consider myself as a new member here. As you can probably see, my post count doesn't increase pretty much since a long time, not because i'm only posting on STB (i actually don't really post in STB because it always turn dumb and bitching). Instead of posting stupidity or replying stupidity just to get attention, I just read some of you and laugh.

I remember a lot of conflicts between commoners and Olivier. Remember Xechnao in speculation nation ? Arguing about not being a moron and stuff ? It is JUST AN EXEMPLE of things that probably irritated Olivier. People bitching him because he thinks he knows every damn things about Berserk, his previews especially. People are jealous. Respect doesn't exist anymore. People are selfish.

Being in Olivier's situation, I would've done the SAME THING. I'm sure Griffith, Puella, Walter and crew (those I can count on my fingers) thought about quitting more than once, a lot before Olivier left.

He always answered my questions with patience, he was not forced to reply my PM, but he did.

I will remember Olivier.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Not necessarily.. If it brings retard people here, well we don't want them. See what it brings? This whole board is Topsyturvy because of dumb people.

That's something I've been meaning to bring up for a long while. I don't think the influx of stupid users is just because berserk has gotten more popular. I think the biggest draw is the scans.

I like scans of new chapters as much as the next guy, so I'm not insinuating that scans are for retards or anything, but I think this board's popularity grew in part because word got out that you could get Berserk scans here, and the majority of people whom were attracted weren't exactly top quality.

I don't mean to invalidate or seem unappreciative about anything that you, or anyone else has contributed here -I do infact appreciate it, but maybe to even out the number of shitty posters we should ditch the scans.

Also, more popularity is not always a good thing. There have been people who cracked under pressure from having to deal with too many fans, and then end up writing a big 'fuck you' into their works as 'payback'.

I think I read something ike that about Hideki Anno and the EVA movies, though that might have just been conjecture.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What qualifies as an old member? I know I dont.... 800 range??? Just curious.

I guess anyone from BSOM counts.

Olivier, Walter, I think Chronus and Griffith too. There are a few others as well, and maybe some I'm not familiar with.

Anyway, even on BSOM Olivier was having his patience tested by idiodic speculation and such. I think I troubled him with more than my share. Walter can vouch.

In retrospect, it's amazing he stayed with us for so long.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What qualifies as an old member? I know I dont.... 800 range??? Just curious.

The number of posts doesn't reflect the ''age'' of a member.. look at Xechnao.. got 1000 in almost a month  ::)

Behaviour, i think it's a good thing to judge people.

By the way.. you are on one of my fingers Saiya :p

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well Wereallmad... You guys had scans long before I came along. My site maybe promoted it? Dah well, what's done is done...

p.s. One of your fingers? What do you mean? Also I dont mean post count, I mean member ID. Like what number they are... But Wereallmad answered my question.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
p.s. One of your fingers? What do you mean? Also I dont mean post count, I mean member ID. Like what number they are... But Wereallmad answered my question.

I said earlier that I can count on my fingers the people that help the web site.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well Wereallmad... You guys had scans long before I came along. My site maybe promoted it? Dah well, what's done is done...

I'm not criticizing you for it (like I said, I enjoyed those scans myself), and you are absolutely correct, scans were around long before your site. You just reminded me about it, that's all.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wereallmad said:
Anyway, even on BSOM Olivier was having his patience tested by idiodic speculation and such. I think I troubled him with more than my share. Walter can vouch.

In retrospect, it's amazing he stayed with us for so long.

Remember his initial post about Griffith and the rebirth? Skull_Knight and Walter thought he was a crazy person. ;D

Anyway, I don't think today's sk.net kids will ever truly appreciate what Olivier meant to this place. He didn't just correct mistakes or translate or provide summaries, his knowledge galvanized the whole thing. He basically gave us fire, and he was punished as our eagles of stupidity picked at him everyday.

Sorry for the bad mythology. Anyway, hopefully he will return before Jesus does.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
He basically gave us fire, and he was punished as our eagles of stupidity picked at him everyday.

Sorry for the bad mythology.

Believe it or not, that's exactly what I've been thinking of. Prometheus making us primitive mortals into semi-educated beings.

SaiyajinNoOuji

DemonX said:
What the hell...
What they he probably means is that when they first heard/saw/read berserk they had a general understanding but it was Olivier who really refined it. It's like a sage enlightening the humble townsfolks.... or something like that.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What they he probably means is that when they first heard/saw/read berserk they had a general understanding but it was Olivier who really refined it. It's like a sage enlightening the humble townsfolks.... or something like that.

Ah! :D

Shurikn said:
I remember a lot of conflicts between commoners and Olivier. Remember Xechnao in speculation nation ? Arguing about not being a moron and stuff ? It is JUST AN EXEMPLE of things that probably irritated Olivier. People bitching him because he thinks he knows every damn things about Berserk, his previews especially. People are jealous. Respect doesn't exist anymore. People are selfish.

From what I remember I only argued especially with Olivier once, and that was about speculating how Griffith would enter Midland castle to face Ganishka  :p
I didn't know about his previews and him, so how and why the fuck would I be jealous?
Oh, and people don't change...but boards do I guess  ;)

Shurikn said:
The number of posts doesn't reflect the ''age'' of a member.. look at Xechnao.. got 1000 in almost a month  ::)
Behaviour, i think it's a good thing to judge people.
By the way.. you are on one of my fingers Saiya :p

Yes, I was pretty too musch enthusiastc when I discovered this board...felling very sorry that hadn't have happened before.
I was -and still am- an avid Berserk follower and that felt for me back then something like discovering Eden, however a bit late...
I think, my reaction, although childish can be undersatndable in an extent...nevertheless, yes I did create snowballs coming down the hill, getting bigger and having an unhappy crush
I admit I was a bit jealous, but not of Olivier: I was jealous of having missed the Skullknight.net trip from its beginning
And believe me, I feel very sorry about the current situation over here...not because of Olivier himself, but because of his loss over here
Yet, I pledge that this place can still go on , oh please

Whatever it is... Let's not brood over this matter too much but instead use action to bring him back...

Seriously and be realistic, I doubt things would work by just sending emails to Olivier asking to come back... It might even complicate situations (If i were him i would get more piss off, "Why only wait until I leave then u ppl start to regret?") Of course we are not going without a fight and sending emails is indeed one of the solution to this problem (Just be very careful with the words)

What i feel the best way to make him come back as i said earlier is to refined this board... no more idiot or morons around... Make this a better place for REAL berserk fan and he will be more than happy enough to return

Smith said:
What i feel the best way to make him come back as i said earlier is to refined this board... no more idiot or morons around... Make this a better place for REAL berserk fan and he will be more than happy enough to return

And how would you do that ? What are your criterias ? I bet you are not a moron or an idiot in your criterias. I'm not calling you a moron... but I just want you to realise that your criterias are relatives to everybody.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Okay guys, I had a dream that Olivier (he looked like Judeau, but with sunglasses =) and I were driving down some country highway talking about life and current events, and when I eventually brought up his departure he seemed pretty resigned about the whole thing. He said he wasn't coming back, but just when were discussing things more deeply and getting to his feelings and personal motives, just when I thought I was about to reach him, my stupid girlfriend woke me up!

Anyway, maybe it's a sign (like, that I should get professional help, if nothing else)? :)

I never got to meet Olivier, just a quick hello in a PM the day before he left. So I really dont have much to say in this thread, but he was kind enough to say hello back. I know by all the replies to this thread (especially those by the admins) that he is indeed a very important member of the community, and I would have liked to "get Hauged" like Ive read so many times.

My advice to all of you is this:
If you want him to come back, dont you all start emailing him and sending pms and whining. Leave that to whoever in this board actually "know" him. And please, just drop the conversation on PL vs Olivier. It wont help at all.

Again, I dont know him, I dont know if he'll come back after a while just out of curiosity, or if we might ever see him again. But like everything in life... things move on, and all of us should too. He probably did.

For now, lets concentrate on making this board better instead of letting it degrade. All this info that Olivier handed down to you all, hand it to the next person who comes. So that if he DID decide to drop in sometime he would see the "mature" forums these became after he left.

P.S.With this I am NOT stating to do what Smith said, there will always be morons and idiots around and they are NOT the problem behind it. The problem is people dont educate these fools and instead decide to flame them until they decide to leave.
To prove this point I will finish my reply the following way.
*drinks sake*

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Kyoke said:
My advice to all of you is this:
If you want him to come back, dont you all start emailing him and sending pms and whining. Leave that to whoever in this board actually "know" him.

My sentiment, exactly.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
"Griffith No More!" said:
Remember his initial post about Griffith and the rebirth? Skull_Knight and Walter thought he was a crazy person. ;D

Sounds like a interesting story. Care to elaborate and regale us with an early "Hague" moment?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
waqas said:
Sounds like a interesting story. Care to elaborate and regale us with an early "Hague" moment?

He just said what he thought would happen, and it's what happened. At the time, to have Femto being incarnated into a new Griffith wasn't exactly the most plausible theory.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Aazealh said:
He just said what he thought would happen, and it's what happened. At the time, to have Femto being incarnated into a new Griffith wasn't exactly the most plausible theory.

Wait, you mean Olivier predicted the rebirth before it occured? Holy shit, I thought he merely made an astute observation about the rebirth while the event played out. :eek:

I guess this is just more evidence of Olivier's value to this message board. May Hague have mercy on us all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
waqas said:
I guess this is just more evidence of Olivier's value to this message board. May Hague have mercy on us all.

If it was just that... Ask old BSOM members, they'll tell you plenty of his feats.

Top Bottom