Scanned Manga

Frogacuda

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I bought episodes 1-25 on VCD from a guy on e-bay for $20.  For those you just have to know where to look.  Also if you go to Kazaa.com they have a program that you can download the episodes that way.  That is how i was introduced to it.

::) Um... I got the DVDs for $18! You got ripped off! And the manga's like $6 a volume, you cheapskate! Just buy it.

puella

Berserk forever
I got a question to you people.
If you have scanned YA, then aren't you gonna buy berserk? ???
I am really really curious about this.
As for me, scanned manga is just a temporary makeshift till I get the manga volume officially published.
there are two reasons; one is that berserk is one of my best collections and the other is I don't like to read my berserk on the computer(my eyes and neck hurt :-/ ) or terribly printed by my oooooooold printer.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Truly I once put my greasy little hands on two original Berserk volumes: I was very happy when the translated italian version went out. I like so understand what I read.  ;D The scans are temporary remedy until you get there with the regular series. Also many look at the scans and think they have understood everything as with the prototype: e.g. if they had read they will have understood why Miura gave Gutts an eyepatch (he did lose it by the end of the issue anyway) what the apostles are supposed to be (I hope I will find on Internet that pic one of these days)

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Why don't you people with the mangas... just scan them? ???

I guess it's not necessarily people's "duty" to satisfy the rest of the world by scanning 196-220 pages of 22 volumes onto net so people'd take it for granted?

If you think about it, a thin 30 newsprint pages of american comic costs at least $3 already. Why not spend that $10 U.S. for quality fascination? I mean, $10 per episode. How often does the comic come out? Every 1/2 year to 8 months of pure labour of the artist. It's DEFINATELY worth supporting.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Woah, Woah WOAH! Steady on people! I was only asking for fuck sake! I am in the process of buying them, just gotta raise the money for chapters 1-10.

God, anyone would think that folks aint allowed to ask questions >:(

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Woah, Woah WOAH! Steady on people! I was only asking for fuck sake! I am in the process of buying them, just gotta raise the money for chapters 1-10.

God, anyone would think that folks aint allowed to ask questions >:(
Sorry if we came on strong...its just that we get that question just about once a week.

Frogacuda

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
If you think about it, a thin 30 newsprint pages of american comic costs at least $3 already.  Why not spend that $10 U.S. for quality fascination?  I mean, $10 per episode.  How often does the comic come out?  Every 1/2 year to 8 months of pure labour of the artist.  It's DEFINATELY worth supporting.

Not even. I've never seen them for more than $7.50 except from animenation.com. I often see them as low as $5.50. $5.50 for 220 pages ain't bad.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
I think it's safe to say that Japan has a distinct competitive advantage in mass producing graphic novels on inexpensive materials. This probably stems from a long history of Japanese capital investments in paper-making technology. Americans will find trading goods such as grain or personal-computing hardware for Japanese comics the most advantageous exchange since the United States has a comparative advantage in agricultural and PC production.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
the hell?!?!?

That is the MOST non-relative comment on this thread. ;D

No offense, but I think that assumption is WAY~ too far away.

It's just that american comics does not have a large culture like Japanese comics so they don't have a mass produce format, which Japanese comics do. Those mangas that has their own book binding formats/different size from normal " graphic novel" sizes tend to cost a lot more than regular mangas too.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
The fact that American demand for manga-type comics is not as large as the Japanese is probably true, though I'm not sure if that's a product of a lack of affordable American manga-type comics or a genuine lack of interest for that type of media. It's probably a mixture of both. This is, however, irrelevant since Americans buy a lot of products from other countries that they have a high demand for. Whether it's clothes assembled in Bangladesh, Gin made in England, or CD-players manufactured in Japan, Americans don't produce everything they buy, nor should they. The reason is that Japanese produce manga more cheaply relative to the United States. If we could produce them more cheaply, we would put them together and sell them back to the Japanese. Japan, like I said, has a long history of capital investment in paper production-- the mass-production infrastructure that you spoke of. It's probably an oversimplification to say that Japanese affinity for comics and their ability to produce them are coincidental. They codeveloped. This neither suggests nor implies causality.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
In light of this, you could compare it with alot of countries. For example, in England we tend to buy things from other sections of Europe and America than we do here. This is mainly because this country is so damn expensive. Were it not for dealers in the United States, we would have no resources for Anime over here, Manga is still yet to catch on, but I am confident it will.

M

Marcus

I couldn't seem to find a complete Berserk manga set on http://www.sasugabooks.com only the partial sets. Did I miss it by accident? ???

Top Bottom