Silent Hill: The Movie!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Stiler said:
ehem...
http://www.restlessdream.com/v4/player.php?id=24

That is all :).

Wish I had that dvd of the silent hill art and stuff.

I don't have the Art of Silent Hill dvd that came with the Pal version of Silent Hill 2 but I have the Lost Memories dvd that was available in Japan. It has the soundtrack form the first three games and other promo videos and art. It has a video dedicated to Robbie the Rabbit (scary) and a video dedicated to Pyramid Head raping things (not so bad). It is a sweet dvd.

Ohh baby, Silent Hill movie trailer is out.

http://www.thelovens.co.uk/paracam/sh_tease.wmv

Notice Pyramid Head ripping something apart..

Metalbolt

I'm on TV, so I must be True!
So far so good for the SH hill movie.

Though I have to say to everyone who rips into the mario bros. movie, and the street fighter movie...do you really think that they could have been awesome? Street fighter lends itself better to the anime meduim, where mario bros. doesn't lend itself at all to the live action realm, so if it had no chance of being good fromt he start, how can you rip into it for being bad?
Personaly, i love them both...they are campy, and as retarded as you would think...also, remember double dragon...?!

Uwe Boll is my hero, 'nuff said.
(House of the Dead was amazing! If you thought that a light gun game actually needed a movie that had real story and plot, you have problems...Guns + Zombies + Death = Genuine house of the dead experience.)

Metalbolt said:
Uwe Boll is my hero, 'nuff said.
Why'd you say this at all?
Not only does he have nothing to do with this film, it totally invalidates ANY opinion you have and may have shared with the board.
Thank you.

Metalbolt

I'm on TV, so I must be True!
rené said:
Why'd you say this at all?
Not only does he have nothing to do with this film, it totally invalidates ANY opinion you have and may have shared with the board.
Thank you.
Riiiiiiight, and someone posting the Street Fighter:The Movie game character select screen had a lot to do with the silent hill movie as well.

That, and I honestly can't tell how sarcastic you are being, if at all?

aufond said:
Ohh baby, Silent Hill movie trailer is out.

http://www.thelovens.co.uk/paracam/sh_tease.wmv

Notice Pyramid Head ripping something apart..

From what I've heard this isnt the actual teaser for the movie, at least not the one that's supposed to be released to the public but that might just be internet hearsay, has anyone seen this in front of a movie?

HawaiianStallion said:
From what I've heard this isnt the actual teaser for the movie, at least not the one that's supposed to be released to the public but that might just be internet hearsay, has anyone seen this in front of a movie?

Not the actual teaser? Could you provide a link to where it was that you heard that? I donno. Looks pretty authentic to me, fake teasers don't usually look that good. If someone did make this teaser as a hoax, they sure put a lot of effort into it.

Aside from that, the music sounds so awsome. Akira Yamaoka who did the soundtrack for the games is doing the score for the movie as well..

aufond said:
Not the actual teaser?  Could you provide a link to where it was that you heard that?  I donno.  Looks pretty authentic to me, fake teasers don't usually look that good.  If someone did make this teaser as a hoax, they sure put a lot of effort into it.

Aside from that, the music sounds so awsome.  Akira Yamaoka who did the soundtrack for the games is doing the score for the movie as well..

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21984

Right here, its just something for the movie site and not the actual teaser, that's why not much happens of real interest during it.

Official Trailer

This could really go either way.
It's a pretty horrible trailer, to me, so I hope it's not representative of the final product.
It seems like they're trying TOO hard to replicate the game playing experience.

The game that was trying to pass of as a movie, isn't that weird?

At least it will look good.

Slightly Green said:
Official Trailer

This could really go either way.
It's a pretty horrible trailer, to me, so I hope it's not representative of the final product.
It seems like they're trying TOO hard to replicate the game playing experience.

The game that was trying to pass of as a movie, isn't that weird?

At least it will look good.

- What else do you want? I find when directors dont really follow the games, and this goes with making a movie off of any other form of media, that they often make a lesser movie for it. Yes certain things only games can do like interactivity, but I like it when the follow what made the original source great. Adapting something to the big screen is a challenge but its most certainly doable.

I thought the trailer was pretty good, got the atmosphere down pat with the run down, fog ridden town and the disgusting interiors of the buildings with a few shots of the creepy... residents.

I'm glad its following the movie, and not only that directed by a compotent horror director and written by a good script writer, always a plus. Its not as hard adapting something like SH to the movie seeing as the horror medium seems to be one of the simplest to translate unlike the epic fantasies/

Only thing I wonder is if this movie will capture the disturbiness of the game like creepy and disgusting sexual moments between monster and human as the game was always good at that.

I didn't really think the trailer was bad either. Anyways, I can say this about the movie so far, it will be better than Resident Evil :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Not enough fog. :SK: (where's the Ganishka smiley when you need it?) Looks Ok otherwise, though not oppressing enough from what the trailer shows IMHO.

I cant find anything to complain about on the trailer other than the pointless name change of the daughter from cherl to Sharon.
I think the movie is going to be awsome

Alucard909 said:
I cant find anything to complain about on the trailer other than the pointless name change of the daughter from cherl to Sharon.
I think the movie is going to be awsome

That gets me too. It looks damn cool and all, but it seems they're just combining aspect from SH 1 and 2 and then changing/adding things.

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
Ive  played through a few of the silent hill games people know silent hill they don’t know Jacobs Ladder, not many people have seen it - that i know - but its a pritty big influence on the games id like to see the silent hill movie in that same style rather than focusing on a main character hero type - most likely heroine ( :puck:) has anyone else seen Jacobs ladder?

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I don't have high hopes for the movie, but I'm a pessimist :p

On a side note, I loved Jacob's Ladder. Maybe I'm dense but I didn't fully understand it till after the second time I watched it.

I love Jacob's Ladder, if you ask me, the ending is brilliant. Tim Robbins is amazing in that movie. I don't expect this SH movie to even compare to Jacob's Ladder, but I still haven't lost hope for it.

1081.jpg

Looks good.

anybody German?

Top Bottom