Some good statues on Ebay right now!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Not Ebay related, but close enough. Did anyone notice to large amount of Zodd's being auction off? There isn't anything on the horizon we don't know about, is there? :schierke:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Bleak Harvest said:
Not Ebay related, but close enough. Did anyone notice to large amount of Zodd's being auction off? There isn't anything on the horizon we don't know about, is there? :schierke:

There is always a decent amount of Zodds on YJ. Even on Ebay one pops up often (usually wingless)

Edit: Hey Stiler! In a perfect world the auction would end right now!
EBAY LINK

handsome rakshas said:
There is always a decent amount of Zodds on YJ. Even on Ebay one pops up often (usually wingless)

Edit: Hey Stiler! In a perfect world the auction would end right now!
EBAY LINK

Yea it would, but it won't :( and i know I've got a -100% chance to win, meh.

N

Ng51386

The MF should come with a Rakshas right? I inquired about it from the seller and said that he doesnt have it, he lost it, or whatever.

Ng51386 said:
The MF should come with a Rakshas right? I inquired about it from the seller and said that he doesnt have it, he lost it, or whatever.

Nah, that's the normal edition that he's selling. In the auction description he wrote "limited edition" but I don't think he really meant "limited/exclusive edition".

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
m3rz said:
No colorbox. No Nameplate?

I didn't think the normal edition came with a helmet/head addition. This auction seems kinda funny. Anyone agree?
EBAY LINK

Indeed. I already Pm'd Derek about it to see what he thinks. The fact that it comes with the helmet/head indicates LE. But the fact that it comes without a nameplate is weird. Maybe somebody pryed it off if thats possible. Also, I'm having a hard time seeing if the armor is silver or silver/blue. Help us Derek!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Also, I'm having a hard time seeing if the armor is silver or silver/blue.

I think it's blue, meaning it's the exclusive version. If you look at the pictures, Griffith's hair is white and the rock's color is off too (not brown enough), so the armor is just not very blue because the pictures have a bad contrast/color setting. Notice that the second head isn't bluer than the statue either. The absence of a nameplate is dubious though, I wouldn't recommend you to buy it if not for cheap.

handsome rakshas said:
Indeed. I already Pm'd Derek about it to see what he thinks. The fact that it comes with the helmet/head indicates LE. But the fact that it comes without a nameplate is weird. Maybe somebody pryed it off if thats possible. Also, I'm having a hard time seeing if the armor is silver or silver/blue. Help us Derek!

LOL, well I just Pm'd you, but I might as well say it again here. My guess, is that it's an "artist proof" or "prototype" of the LE statue. I've owned some prototype and artist proof statues and they either come with a nameplate of #0000, or they have no nameplate at all. I've emailed AOW about this in the past, so I can say this with pretty good confidence.

The fact there is no box, is a little strange (cuz mine still always had boxes), but I doubt this is a fake. I mean, I DOUBT this dude took a real LE statue, grabbed the head with the helmet, made a mold of it, made a recast of the helmet, repainted the normal statue bluish, painted the helmet to match, and stripped off the nameplate, JUST to sell it on ebay to try and make some money.

I think the biggest concern for any potential buyers, is how it's gonna go shipped (it's a delicate piece) and whether or not the lack of a serialized statue bothers you.

On a side note, if anyone wins the statue, I'll buy the helmet head off of you! I'm serious! I would like to bid on the auction myself, but I just won 6 Berserk kits from WF06 last night =P. I'm broke.

handsome rakshas said:
Its been a while since I seen one of these handsome devils pop up! :troll:
I understand these guys were pretty rare but this auction is still a little costly!

EBAY LINK

Way overpriced if you ask me.

Also before anyone bids on the Attack form that is up I would ask the seller if he has the pin that goes in the DS. It is missing from the pictures.

Yes, thats a forum member -rob- that use to come here awhile back (I chat with him a lot on AIM), he has a pretty good collection of around 20 statues now, and is selling the extra's (meaning he eventually got the LE) and a few he dosent like or have space for. Happy Bidding. :guts:

I bid on all of them :p .

God hand / Griffith/ Gurubeld are the ones i'm most interested in.

I wonder why he's selling so many?

handsome rakshas said:
Awesome price!

EBAY LINK

But can you trust the Wang? I had one expierience with him and he was alright! Go for it guys!

The price is great but my one experience with him was horrible and is still unresolved.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Meh, I just went ahead and bought the darn thing. :guts:
I could always pawn it off if I don't want it. I just couldn't pass it up for that price. I just hope the Wang dosen't screw anything up.

handsome rakshas said:
I could always pawn it off if I don't want it. I just couldn't pass it up for that price. I just hope the Wang dosen't screw anything up.

LOL, "the Wang". Is that what he's called now? Anyhoo, I think you should be fine. Let us know what happens.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
handsome rakshas said:

That's right, I forgot that you weren't able to get the Guts Berserk statue from AOW when it came out last year. Congratulations on adding it to your collection! I love mine and I hope you'll feel the same about yours when you get it. Hehe...the Wang... :carcus:

Man i really want a God Hand set bad its the only release from AoW i still want that i dont have to be honest.... but i wanted Special edition, and slann is damaged... however the set seems to be rare as fook, you guys still think its worth the buy?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Darkadien Zurel said:
Man i really want a God Hand set bad its the only release from AoW i still want that i dont have to be honest.... but i wanted Special edition, and slann is damaged... however the set seems to be rare as fook, you guys still think its worth the buy?

For 214 bucks buy it now I would say yes. But if you are like me and will dwell on the fact that Slan is damaged I say no. If you're willing to spend the extra $$$ on an LE set go for it. But it will probably be an extra 250 bucks just for that little Griffith in bandages statue (It is cool, though) and a perfect condition Slan. This is a steal if you can deal with the Slan damage. Think about it! :???:

i could wait but my question is how often do God Hand sets come around ive only seen 2 ever on ebay... and well i dont want to go through the hastle and problems of using M-world to order off of Yahoo Japan.

Id rather not have the damaged slann but i dont know (if slann wasnt damaged id def buy), i guess its more of a case of do i want it right now or wait till the next one

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Darkadien Zurel said:
Id rather not have the damaged slann but i dont know (if slann wasnt damaged id def buy), i guess its more of a case of do i want it right now or wait till the next one

Never settle. It's something I've seen written by both Derek and Maiku. If you're having any doubts at all, don't do it. That's a lot of money to spend, even if it is a good deal, for a product that's been damaged (however slight it may be). Have patience and I'm sure another one will come up somewhere down the road for a good price. :serpico:

Top Bottom