Someone's working on an American Berserk screenplay

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
feralotter said:
Didn't know whether to start a new thread or just resurrect this one - but it seems like an update to this thread, same dude involved Northrop.
Here's fine for now. Thanks for the update, though I can't say I'm excited about this prospect. The thought of Hollywood picking through my favorite series with their grimy money-milking hands ... I'll curse the day that becomes a reality. On the bright side, it'd be great news for Miura :troll:

feralotter said:
Bottom line it isn't close to being greenlit yet. But if Battle Angel is a great success...hold on to your beherit. We could probably see a flood of live action anime, akin to the comic book movie explosion.
Yeah, having a concept pitched to hollywood studios is quite, quite early in the process. I'm unsure you can even say it's the beginning of the process.

"We were involved with Berserk, and it almost happened, but that is not quite there."

Translation: nothing has happened.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Here's fine for now. Thanks for the update, though I can't say I'm excited about this prospect. The thought of Hollywood picking through my favorite series with their grimy money-milking hands ... I'll curse the day that becomes a reality. On the bright side, it'd be great news for Miura :troll:
Yeah, having a concept pitched to hollywood studios is quite, quite early in the process. I'm unsure you can even say it's the beginning of the process.

"We were involved with Berserk, and it almost happened, but that is not quite there."

I fucking for one hope nothing does come to fruitation. I got a few words for you. DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION.

Sweet fuck on a stick.

I know its a dated manga with a very common formula but fuck man. Matrix Revolutions had a better DBZ'esq fight then that movie. How the fuck can you mess it up?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
On the bright side, it'd be great news for Miura

Maybe financially (and I say maybe), but artistically... Not so much.

Walter said:

Haha yeah, to me that sounds like: "Well we asked Hakusensha for the rights, and they auto-replied they would consider my question and reply to me. Then they said no. It almost happened!" Honestly I believe Miura would refuse a such a project unless he thought it really had potential to be good. Personally I wish it never happens. We all know they'd just mangle it.

The day Cameron gets around to filming Battle Angel, let me know. He's shelved the project for years, and the last I heard he passed on it so he could give priority to Avatar. When asked about Battle Angel at Comic-Con this year, he seemed pretty hazy about his plans for it. I wouldnt' bet on it anytime soon.

Aazealh said:
Maybe financially (and I say maybe), but artistically... Not so much.

Haha yeah, to me that sounds like: "Well we asked Hakusensha for the rights, and they auto-replied they would consider my question and reply to me. Then they said no. It almost happened!" Honestly I believe Miura would refuse a such a project unless he thought it really had potential to be good. Personally I wish it never happens. We all know they'd just mangle it.

And unless it'd be X rated, well over 10 hours in length, with nobody watching it, nor any film studios wanting to film, lest market it to any audience. Yeah, a true adaptation of Berserk into a film format is never going to happen. I can see a watered down, shitfest that appeals to the mainstream monkeys coming out though. Hope Miura never lets that happen.

I wonder howd they film guts being raped as a kid and other instances of torture but I think the torture could be passed since saw can get away with it the sex not so much :troll:

Top Bottom