The future of Castlevania

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Tell me when you unlock the original Rondo, I'm curious to hear your opinion on which is better between it and the remake. Personally I still think the remake's ugly, but I'd like to hear from someone playing it. Actually, now that I think, I'll probably ask my coworker to bring his pirated PSP to try it out next week. :guts:

Oh, I unlocked it already. Personally, I don't think it's fair for me to answer because I'm going to pick sprites over polygons any day of the week. I'm not going to say the remake is ugly, it's just that 3D is just not my cup of tea. Original Rondo all the way. On another note, I made it to the inverted castle in SotN. I have never played the Saturn version, but I remember seeing a vid where an awesome song plays during the Maria boss battle. When I fought her some generic remix played that sounded nothing like the original, and also her sprite seems a little off. But so far so good, they even retained some of the classic lines from SotN. "Death in the dream worls will set your soul wandering for eternity, demon." I love that line!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, tried Dracula X Chronicles today and it was nice (did the first 2 levels and unlocked Maria), though Richter felt a bit slow for some reason (probably my memories being inaccurate). The 3D version really looks good compared to the screenshots I had seen, but I'd still take the 2D version over it any day. All in all with SotN it's really a nice package.

Aazealh said:
Well, tried Dracula X Chronicles today and it was nice (did the first 2 levels and unlocked Maria), though Richter felt a bit slow for some reason (probably my memories being inaccurate).
Richter is slower, or at least in appearance. I don't know if in overall side by side comparisons will prove otherwise, but Richter in DCX has a very noticeable "strut", well, the Belmont Strut.
Aazealh said:
The 3D version really looks good compared to the screenshots I had seen, but I'd still take the 2D version over it any day. All in all with SotN it's really a nice package.
The consensus I get from some people who have and haven't played the original Rondo makes a clear line with which version they prefer. I guess its kind of like the Twin Snakes remake issue on the GCN, I know some that prefer it to the original but I myself didn't. I only played Dracula X itself and not the actual PC engine Rondo, so it'll be new to me either way.

Top Bottom