The Hobbit (Movie)

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
Saw the film a couple hours ago. Wasn't bad, but I felt like it dragged for too long.

I agree with you for the most part. I thought the whole introduction of Bilbo and the dwarves was WAY too long. Other than that, I didn't mind the pacing of the film.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
I agree with you for the most part. I thought the whole introduction of Bilbo and the dwarves was WAY too long. Other than that, I didn't mind the pacing of the film.

Well the intro was alright I guess. Sure, it's long, but it's sympathetic and sets a jolly tone. It's after that that it got a bit long for me.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Johnstantine said:
That was the only part I felt was truly "The Hobbit" and I enjoyed it the most besides Riddles in the Dark. I really didn't like Azgog or the overdrawn fight with him at the end. Also, him being full CG didn't help.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I was a big fan of the HFR, but I've been complaining about 'the cinematic feel' for ages and I hate the motion blur associated with it. Some people were saying that the HFR 3D gave them headaches which I did not experience. The only time I felt a little uncomfortable watching the movie was when Smaug attacked, with fast cuts and quick sweeps that made it really difficult to take the 3D in, and probably would have been completely junk in regular 3D with the additional blur. Personally I hop more flims use HFR in the future, 3D or not.

While lacking in some respects, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. As you guys mentioned already, the pacing felt a tad off and I really hated the Great Goblin's CGI. It was a fun movie though. None-too-pleased that we have to wait a whole year for part 2.

Saw it yesterday, Absolutely loved it from beginning to end. I will say from when I heard The Hobbit was being split into a trilogy I had so many doubts about that but from the way that this ended up being with An Unexpected Journey I feel that it's being done for the right reasons, Although I thoroughly enjoyed the film I feel that some parts really felt unneeded such as the Arc of Radagast the Brown as he was never in the book. Overall I really loved it, the way it's building up as well I can only look forward to where it goes next.

Top Bottom