the one Guts loses

P

paradiselost

...well, my friend, this is my opinion...

...being a Berserk, is in Gatts' soul to be in war...

...but maybe in the future he'll be able to change...

...who can know about it?

;)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It’s not enough that Guts gets to be with Caska for Berserk to end happily.  The only way Guts could have a truly happy ending, is if God Hand and falls.  Even if he could accept and disregard them controlling human fate, he and Caska are sacrifices; when they die, whether by demons or old age, their souls will forever belong to God Hand.  Without God Hand’s destruction, the best ending for Guts’ we could hope for is a bittersweet one; one where he enjoys the remainder of his life with Caska, only to be damned for the rest of his eternity with her.

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
 The only way Guts could have a truly happy ending, is if God Hand and falls.  Even if he could accept and disregard them controlling human fate, he and Caska are sacrifices; when they die, whether by demons or old age, their souls will forever belong to God Hand. -Griffith
good~
So Guts' fight can be said in many ways.
1) revenge on his ex-friend
2) to get back his and his girl's soul
3) to figure out his dream which can be described that Guts should know what he really wants in his life

anything else?

4)......

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
3) to figure out his dream which can be described that Guts should know what he really wants in his life
that s what i think he is looking or fighting for:to find out what is really important for himself!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
anything else?

4)......
I think the whole message of Berserk is about following your dream, even if it isn’t accommodated by society; don’t play the role dealt to you, be who you want to be at any cost. But since Idea controls the fate of mankind, this ideal is an impossibility. Griffith’s dream for instance; his rebellion against the order of the world, against the power of higher authority to control the lives of people like him for their own purposes, it was all a lie. The very nature of his dream makes it even more tragic and ironic that he was still just serving the purpose of a higher power, just like everyone else. He was playing the role given to him, not handed down to him by society or a King, but by a God, the role fate chose for him, before he was even born. So, in the end, I think Berserk is really about defying your fate, and Guts is the epitome of this idea; he’s arguably defied fate since the day, or just by the fact that he was, born. Like I’ve said, Griffith and Guts are the same man but at opposite ends of the spectrum; while Griffith is at the very core of fate, Idea’s master plan for mankind, Guts is completely outside of it. That’s why Guts is the hero of Berserk, and why Griffith is the…antagonist. ;D

In short, I believe Guts fights for the dreams of all humanity, including Griffith, even if he’s only doing it for himself.

-Griffith

uflow

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
hmm i think a tragic end for gattz can be either the loss of will to fight his fate "to die",  or he completely goes berserk like wake up the demon in him..

and in my opinion for gattz the best conclusion is for him to live a life where he doens't need to fight coz all his life he had to fight to live...

puella

Berserk forever
$#@%&+*!~

Ladies and gentleman, Two Round's begun.

who could be our referee?

I like all sports and I'm keen fan of wrestling, boxing, Judo and Taekwondo.

but there should always be god damn REFEREE!

P

paradiselost

...for Griffith:

I believe you totally guessed the topic of this manga...
...this is the reason why I love so much this manga...
but, it can be that somepeople feel himself near to the vision of Gatts, and others feel themselves near to the vision of Griffith...

...personally, I love Griffith's vision, but I respect all the others, 'cause each one is right in my opinion...

;)

...for Bob:

...I'm not offensive, why are you? However, I don't care...
...I feel that Gatts 'll have at the end an happy end, but it'll be like maybe in the movie "Gladiator", where the character die to save the world...
...we'll see...

;)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
...for Bob:

well at least he didn't say dear bob or some stupid shit like that.

...I'm not offensive, why are you? However, I don't care...
...I feel that Gatts 'll have at the end an happy end, but it'll be like maybe in the movie "Gladiator", where the character die to save the world...
...we'll see...

;)

did you even see "Gladiator" I have and he "didn't" die to save the world, the movie was about revenge. stop winkng how hard is that for you not to wink for at least 3 or 4 post.
Dave

maximus

it'll be like maybe in the movie "Gladiator", where the character die to save the world...
...we'll see...
u r talking bout maximus right?

well i don t think he died to save the world!
I mean there wasn t even one!
1492 conquest of amerika.

puella

Berserk forever
u r talking bout maximus right?

well i don t think he died to save the world!
I mean there wasn t even one!
agree. Maximus just died.
If Russel Crow were ten years younger than now, he would play good as Guts in berserk movie.
and if the ending of beserk is like Gladiator's,.... Oh, no I don't want Guts to die like that. o_O;
1492 conquest of amerika
ho~ also reminds me of "1492, conquest of Paradise" by Ridley Scott
what coincidenceS. "Gladiator" and "1492..." was made by that guy!
and Paradise!

***gladiator reminds me of ancient world which I love so much.
take a guess what I want to do now~

I really really want to get back to ancient Japan and be a Ninja girl
walking in the rain with a big sword and of course clamping my teeth.
then as soon as some guy shows up, I chop him in a half.
Wow~

P

paradiselost

...yeah, I was talking about Maximus...

;)

...and...well, I'm from Rome, so I know how he died to save the world...
...he fought for revenge, of course, but after the revenge...
...he saved the world (and, please, notice that in that period the world was less more than the Empire of Rome., so...if you say the Empire of rome, you say the whole world) from a terrible and bad emperor...

;)

...sorry, bob, it's impossible for me not to wink...but I don't want to be offensive against you, I simply wink 'cause I feel to do it! consider that I always wink in reality too...

8)

kissessssssssssssssssssss

maximus

I really really want to get back to ancient Japan and be a Ninja girl
walking in the rain with a big sword and of course clamping my teeth.
then as soon as some guy shows up, I chop him in a half.
Wow~

..puh :eek:

puella

Berserk forever
...he saved the world (and, please, notice that in that period the world was less more than the Empire of Rome., so...if you say the Empire of rome, you say the whole world) from a terrible and bad emperor...
:eek:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
...yeah, I was talking about Maximus...

;)

...and...well, I'm from Rome, so I know how he died to save the world...
...he fought for revenge, of course, but after the revenge...

;)

...sorry, bob, it's impossible for me not to wink...but I don't want to be offensive against you, I simply wink 'cause I feel to do it! consider that I always wink in reality too...

8)

kissessssssssssssssssssss

and that is why your a pu head.

P

paradiselost

...and this why you let me come the voluntee to wink you, my dear Bobby...

;)

puella

Berserk forever
;)

...sorry, bob, it's impossible for me not to wink...
If it is true in real life, you'd better see an eye doctor.-__-;;

and paradiselost
I don't want to offend you anything but just to ask you.
If your some action might make many people OFFENSIVE,
you could stop it though it was not meant to be, couldn't you? :)

P

paradiselost

...you could be right, puella, only in case I should do my winks or my points 'cause I know someone doesn't like them...

...but it's not true...

...I did all these things before of these people told me that they don't like how I write, but...I just wrote it, I don't do it 'cause they don't like it, I do it 'cause I'm in this way!

;)

...if you should have right with you idea, now I could tell:
I don't like the way Olivier answer to me, I don't like the way Bob answer to me, I don't like, for instance that he wrote always that stupid "pu", or many other things...

...but I don't tell them this, 'cause if they like to write in that way, I respect the way they are...

...at the same, they have to respect the way I am...

...it's democracy, isn't it?

;)

...it seems to me something really idiot to change the way I am only to let Bobby or Olivier be happy...I'm sorry for them, but I'm in this way...
...I accept their way of being, they have to accept mine...

...in case they don't, I can't do nothing, 'cause otherwise I'm democratic, so I accept at the same the way they are...

...consider more that Walter cancelled my best imagine of Griffith to let me not use it anymore...

...I remember that someone in the past wrote about me that I'm nazist...
...now, who is really the nazist?

...am I the nazist, who want that each one is free and write in his own style, or others are the nazists, that want me not to be myseslf in writing?

...please, think about it, ok?

;)

puella

Berserk forever
o.k the show must go on as you said many times.
Now, fun's begun.
thank you paradiselost for helping me because I lead a very boring life stuck in many things.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
I lead a very boring life stuck in many things.

don't you have dreams and high hopes that you would chase? haven't berserk taught you anything? rather than dreaming and staying idle, go do something about it! all you need is a nice tomato and.... ;D

puella

Berserk forever
all you need is a nice  tomato and.... ;D
carrot maybe.

bytheway) eintrigga, are you a wizard or something?
How could you get my favorite vegetable, tomato? ;:eek:

and!! >:(

why my or other guys' threads should become a "battlefield"?
hey, Walter how about making new corner on the board?
I'd suggest names for it- "fightclub" "how to beat somebody" or "street fighter" .....
then I would be a vicious weapon dealer.
just tell me which one you want.
sword and dagger arm canon, bowgun, crossbow,even axe....

I don't like the way Olivier answer to me, I don't like the way Bob answer to me, I don't like, for instance that he wrote always that stupid "pu", or many other things...
...but I don't tell them this, 'cause if they like to write in that way, I respect the way they are...
Actually, you _did_ tell us, you arrogant moron.
...am I the nazist, who want that each one is free and write in his own style, or others are the nazists, that want me not to be myseslf in writing?
You don't get it: _you_ are a "moron" for calling people "nazis" (among other things).

P

paradiselost

...hey Oliver, do you really want to have always the last word?

...in Italy we call people like you "supponente" ...

...we have to have patience with you...

;)

Top Bottom