Things you would like to see when the manga closes to an end (Who knows when )

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Re: Things you would like to see when the manga closes to an end (Who knows when

Smith said:
Ridiculous i suppose... But i too Guts might destroy idea not on his sword... But on his determination...

Maybe the poodle that took over Griffith's scalp is ridiculous!

Seriously though, I dont think that Idea is going to ever die, but that everything will somehow equalize, and the process will begin anew (as gay and matrixy as that sounds... >_>).

Of course, as always, you can never be sure.  Miura may have some awesome ending that will just make out heads explode because our feeble human minds wont be able to comprehend it.

No matter what the ending I am sure it will be one that will please. Miura is just good like that. Another thought, "The End" may not be the THE END, if you can understand what I mean?

Until then... (I will draw this out sometime)
Idea(with a Colonel Sanders goatee):Well, Guts did it. :)
Puk: He sure did. :)
Idea:How did you know it'd work? :\
Puk:I didn't.  I beleived. :)
Schierke: I made a rainbow for Guts! :D

I think (just speculating here)

If people stop believing in idea (or god), then idea will cease to exist right? because it was humans who created idea?

I'm reading the lost episode chapter, and I was wondering maybe...

Griffith will change mankind as a whole, because idea said something along the lines of

"your actions themselves, shall prove to be suitable for your kind as a whole, may they bring pain or salvation to mankind"

so when people start to turn away for needing reasons to why things occur, that’s when idea becomes weakened?

I just finished playing nocturne for ps2, and it has a similar themes as berserk.
I mean, even the semi-last boss of the game looks like the belheit, but in white

Re: Things you would like to see when the manga closes to an end (Who knows when

the idea of evil being butchered with the Dragon Slayer.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

jaken said:
the idea of evil being butchered with the Dragon Slayer.
Chances of Guts surviving an encounter with a single member of the God Hand let alone Idea itself are slim, but who knows what will happen at the very end. I doubt the series will end with the destruction of Idea, IMO.

Rhombaad said:
Chances of Guts surviving an encounter with a single member of the God Hand let alone Idea itself are slim, but who knows what will happen at the very end. I doubt the series will end with the destruction of Idea, IMO.

It will only happen if the GH combined forces and turn against Idea but then do u seriously think it will happen?

Posted by: Smith Posted on: Today at 05:58:02 AM

It will only happen if the GH combined forces and turn against Idea but then do u seriously think it will happen?

No. The Idea of Evil is evil because it reflects all the subconscious desires from men. If everyone was happy, there would not be an Idea of Evil. If everyone only wanted flowers and cake, no evil. I still think there is some kind of higher entity of good in Berserk. Helps keep the balance. You never know though. :)

- C

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Smith said:

maybe if the GH combine togheter they turn in to voltron

I really would like to see something very surprising at the end, but I bet it will be very hard to impress us fans who have such high espectations of the whole berserk conclusion. I just hope that Guts strugle pays off at the end and that it brings closure to the whole Berserk Saga.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Damage Control said:
The Idea of Evil is evil because it reflects all the subconscious desires from men.

No, it is the embodiment of the desire of men to have a cause to their pain/sorrow/etc. There's an important nuance.

S

Some Guy

What I'd like to see is an end to the "Age of Darkness" in which Griffith either killed or reformed somehow.

I don't believe the Idea of Evil will ever be completely destroyed, since I don't think human suffering would ever completely end, escpecially since it has some sort of control over fate, but I do believe it and the Godhand could have their influence over mankind weakened, and I believe the mysterious elementals might be able to do something.

After looking back on the whole story...the whole saga of berserk...when has there ever really, TRULY been a time, and by time i mean (months or years) in the character's lives when they have been truly happy or at peace? Not really so...every character has led a hard and generally fucked up life....My point being....in the end...i have a gut feeling if it does end on a "happy note" it will be bittersweet...like maybe godhand will be destroyed...griffith will be killed or redeem himself (not likely)...and caska will return to her former self...but the price for any of these will be high....truth be told....i think most of gut's band now will die (who i see biting the bullet is Ishidoro, serpico and his siter..and hel maybe even puck).....i dont think even guts will live to enjoy all his hard work...I really believe that Guts will die at the end of the story IMO...i just cant ssee Guts chilling on a farm with caska back to normal with Ishidoro as they're adopted son...with theyre neighbors, Serpico and his sis...Puck and the other fairy settlin down...and the witch just knittin sweaters for the moon child ...i mean call me crazy but Berserk...the story i have com to absolutely love...has to end on a down note for me to buy it.....PS BERSERK FOR LIFE!!!! :'(

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Happy02.gif

H

Hokuto_Master

Kart said:
- Casca kills griffith.

Never thought of that... That's a very interesting idea. ;D She would finally wake up, stop idolizing him, and as Griffith would be about to kill a bloody Guts (since Femto is a godhand), she would be the one killing him. He would have never expected HER to be the tool of his downfall.

Anyway I too wanna know more about SkullKnight, and wanna see Griffith bite the dust.
But what I'd like to see after all those traumas and horrible events, is a happy ending with Guts and Casca finally together.  :D After so much pain and horrific moments, THEY DESERVE IT.
The manga is already so dark, I wish it ended on a positive note, not a depressing tragedy.
That surely won't happen though.  :(

I guess it's more likely to be Casca dying, and Guts becoming a wandering supernatural warrior like SK, whose destiny is to kill apostles... again and again and again...
Or on the contrary, Guts will give his life for Casca to survive. :'( He will kill Griffith, Caska will be sane again, he'll have his revenge, he'll die happy.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
This may seem a far fetch but I've been reading the Space Odyssey books (2001, 2010, etc...). And... I was wondering. What if it turned out that even Idea is on the leash of some greater being? In the book 2001 David Bowman transgress humanity becoming a new creature of pure energy, capable of traveling anywhere instantly and perceiving objects from beyond a mirror 3-dimensional persepective since time is apparently not applicable to him anymore.

Now in 2010, it comes to (the conciessness formerly known as) Dave's that while he is a god in many respects, he is still at the will of some superior being who has another superior being over it and so on for infinity. Idea of Evil exists simply because of human subconciessness? Maybe something greater has created Idea, and Idea simply beleives this is it's origin because whatever thing that is higher allows it to.

Far-fetched I know, and I doubt it to be true, but this is the speculation forum... Is Idea really where it stops?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
Maybe something greater has created Idea, and Idea simply beleives this is it's origin because whatever thing that is higher allows it to.

Nah...

Tristram said:
Far-fetched I know, and I doubt it to be true, but this is the speculation forum...

Yeah, but it's still far-fetched and off topic...

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Aazealh said:
Yeah, but it's still far-fetched and off topic...

Just because it's not on topic with the thread's subject title, doesn't make it off subject.  It was an idea I had that was on the subject of people's speculation of Idea, how it can be killed, what it is, where it's from...   I posted it here instead of making a new thread because most people already seem to be talking about this.

Not trying to be out of place, just trying to say a subject can shift from one to another without it being a disaster.  We're all fans of Miura's work here; not Miura.

Proj2501 said:
i have a gut feeling if it does end on a "happy note" it will be bittersweet.

having just seen the movie Sin City, I understand what you mean 100%. A happy ending isn't nececarilly without comprimise. Someone has to die for another to live, sometimes. Knowing how Miura tends toward realistic character development I think an ending like this is very likely. I can definately imagine Guts being dead so that Casca can live a happy and safe life.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
Just because it's not on topic with the thread's subject title, doesn't make it off subject.

Check the definition of the terms and look at your post again. Whether this is the speculation forum or not, and whether your post relates in a vague way to what other people said or not (that was already deviating from the topic) doesn't change anything.

Tristram said:
It was an idea I had that was on the subject of people's speculation of Idea, how it can be killed, what it is, where it's from... I posted it here instead of making a new thread because most people already seem to be talking about this.

That's good, but this thread doesn't specifically deal with speculations on the Idea of Evil, that's what I was pointing out. There are a lot of others threads (recent and old) that do, however, and you would have found them with a quick and simple search. They're more appropriate to the development of such a theory. Some examples:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3500.0
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3161.0
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2511.0
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1851.0
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=846.0

Tristram said:
We're all fans of Miura's work here; not Miura.

Where's the relevance in that? Just try not to be off topic from now on please, and don't be mistaken: if your post was a problem it wouldn't be here anymore. Stop double posting too. Thanks in advance. :)

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
if your post was a problem it wouldn't be here anymore. Stop double posting too. Thanks in advance. :)

Okay Azzy I'm sorry e.e

I dont know how you do that, but you do... You must have a +15 Charisma in application to Persuasion vs. Berserk Fans.

I'll try harder to be on subject.
-----------------------------------------
New want for the end of Berserk;
The sad, rage fueling death of... PUCK.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
I've been waiting for guts to take horrible vengeance on the apostle who took his arm during the eclipse ever since I saw him with the Neo Hawks.

Assuming that's really him, that is.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Leeuwer said:
Assuming that's really him, that is.

It's not like there's much of a doubt, he looks exactly the same at the Eclipse and when we see him in Wyndham.

R

-rob-

I wanna see the band of the hawk come back from the dead and murder the godhand along with guts and skullknight.

I picture Berserk having a fifth season Angel ending; the heroes win, but it's a small victory in the grand design of things. The forces of evil retaliate with incredible numbers, and the story ends with with the surviving heroes taking the bad guys head on.

Top Bottom