True Grit

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It was more awkward and understated than I expected, especially the plot, but it's hard to live up to the promise of an epic trailer/music video, which in fact did feature better music than the movie, whatever their intentions were there. Anyway, I still enjoyed the movie for what it was on the basis of the characters and dialogue, which was basically the point.

aufond said:
Sometimes it works beautifully, other times it leaves me squirming. I guess some people like it though. There were a lot of people the theater chuckling throughout, mostly the grannies.

You mean they weren't sitting with their arms crossed waging an internal struggle over their love/hate feelings for the Coen brothers? Pffff, old people don't know how to appreciate feelm. =)

Oburi said:
Just so you know the Coen Bros don't consider this to be a western. I watched the Charlie Rose show the other night and both Joel and Ethan as well as Matt Damon were on and they all agreed it wasn't any more of a western than No Country (which they also don't consider it a western).

Well, that's just some classic pretentious bullshit that should probably be ignored.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Re: Movies you've recently watched

I finally saw True Grit the other night and loved every second of it. Not only was it incredibly funny and had some great performances (including an almost unrecognizable Barry Pepper who I could watch in his own spin off movie if he had it) but the pg-13 rating that had me a little worried was totally brushed away. The action was quick but brutal. Loved this movie.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Movies you've recently watched

Good call on Pepper, I didn't even recognize him at first, very cool and deserves mentioning. Also, it was PG-13? I had no idea, didn't see it pull any punches.

Top Bottom