TV Series: Lost

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I actually enjoyed seeing Sawyer and friends live their lives and stuff more than the previous episodes.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I was also wondering if Daniel will try to tell anything to the young Charlotte, or just leave it at that. Since they are in that timeline, a young Ben's appearance is at hand.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I was also wondering if Daniel will try to tell anything to the young Charlotte, or just leave it at that. Since they are in that timeline, a young Ben's appearance is at hand.

He must have told her not to come back to the island,remember before she died she told Daniel that he did warn her not to return or else she would die.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
The stuff with Daniel's kind of turning me off, actually, if they do present the timefuckery in Lost as a closed and immutable system it removes me from being very excited about what any of the characters do/have ever done, since they will all have always done it.  It becomes more 'well let's watch this play out'. 

I mean, I at least want to see somebody *try* to change something or leave a message for the future losties or something and have it not work for some reason. Lampshading I think they call it.

I believe Desmond is the key to messing with the time stream just like you're hoping. At least I believe they presented that Desmond was outside of the regular rules. I think the explanation may be that it has something to do with the bunker incident that he was a part of.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sadly, I'm relieved to be reminded of that. "Oh yeah, I don't HAVE to watch lost tonight... whew" It's like a snow day.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
xfool said:
poor Sayid but from the preview hes gone against them?

and why wasn't Sun with the group, she was one of the oceanic six.

Yeah, Sayid is having some trouble at the moment, but at least he met young Ben. I assume Sun just happened to catch a different year with the flash as the pilot and Ben did. They are back, but those 3 years and being part of the Dharma Initiative will sure make some good interaction between the ones who left and the one's who stayed.

Someone tell me they didn't see how tonight's episode ended from a mile away...

Confirmation that the others are all basically zombies? :beast:

Griffith

A real badass would have
checked the body.
:carcus:

Though maybe it doesn't make a difference anyway. Anyway...

lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
This episode felt somewhat slow at some points. It seem odd at first Kate trying to save Ben, but it kinda makes sense since she was taking care of a child before returning and felt the need to. Ben sure was surprised to see Jon. I doubt Jon will kill Ben, but he might do something.

ep 12 is awesome, cant believe I actually sympathies with Ben :judo:

anyway its also great to know more about the 'monster' .Hmmm wonder what the new crash survivors were up to :???:

*Waiting for Aaz, Griffith and NightCrawler to complain about the 'bad CGI'*

I liked it, but funniest thing was young Ben looking like Adolf Hitler. And what was up
with young Ethan, haven't seen him this bloodthirsty since Season One.

Griffith

A.C said:

You said it, not us. =)

Anyway, they already nuked the fridge, so there's no point complaining anymore. Aside from that, I was entertained (and even that entertained me, it was like the show's effects went back in time too). I'm enjoying this season much more than the last because I'm shifting my brain, one's biggest impediment to appreciating Lost, into 2nd gear and just enjoying the ride. Looking forward to next week!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:

Sorry man. I just can't pretend. If I'd known it would haunt you like this, I wouldn't have mentioned it at the time though.

Griffith said:
Anyway, they already nuked the fridge, so there's no point complaining anymore. Aside from that, I was entertained (and even that entertained me, it was like the show's effects went back in time too). I'm enjoying this season much more than the last because I'm shifting my brain, one's biggest impediment to appreciating Lost, into 2nd gear and just enjoying the ride. Looking forward to next week!

I actually burst out laughing when Ben shot Caesar. I don't know why but I thought of Wesker from Resident Evil at that moment. They're completely different characters, but both struck me then as over-the-top archetypical villains, the kind that's gone so far into self-parodying that you can just enjoy watching them be evil.

The stuff under the temple was alright, though it kind of feels like a sell out that they went for an Egyptian knockoff. Young Rousseau and her accent were painful to me. Bad acting, bad scene, bad everything. I also didn't really like the cheap solution to the time-fuckery: "this way of saving Ben's life will make him forget everything he conveniently needs to forget but not the other stuff, and it'll make him evil".

Overall I just didn't find Kate's episode to be that great, but the recent one was good enough (watched the two back to back). The holes for the smoke monster are a bit underwhelming, but I liked how it took Alex' appearance to threaten Ben. =) And the deal with the guys that recently crashed and their statue thing is interesting enough. I imagine they've got something in that crate they want to bring to the broken statue or a temple or something along those lines. Maybe they're secret cultists, or yet another batch of Widmore's agents.

Griffith

Too bad he went from being the smartest guy on the show to the dumbest in the process. Or the writing just got dumber overall if one can imagine. Yes, actually, it did.

Just the fact that the "it was all a bad dream!" scenario, where the end of the series is just the plane landing in LA, is on the table pisses me off, or that they're going to bother wasting time with it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the latest 2 episodes and man, what a mess. Faraday's death is just so mediocre. And you can see it all coming. Widmore being his dad, how he'd die, all of it. Even Miles' backstory annoyed me. It's like they're trying to find a late justification for bringing these characters into the show in the first place. And the pseudo-tension between Sawyer and Juliet... Ugh.

Ah and I'm sure someone somewhere is very proud of himself for coming up with this statue shadow mystery question as a way to keep the fans hooked, but frankly at this point I just can't wait for the show to end.

Top Bottom