Vagabond Mentioned in New Inoue Interview: "It's not over yet. I want to draw it soon."

As it turns out, the production on The First Slam Dunk movie was greenlit back in 2014, after years of development of a convincing CG build since 2009. Now that the film is out, unless Inoue will dive on another anime work, I think it's more than likely that he'll be back on Real and/or Vagabond. Him mentioning a desire to return to Vagabond again makes me think that he's clearly pondering about it. At least, now it's clearer for me the reason why Vagabond went into hiatus and why Real was so slow in releasing. Let's hope for them return to publication soon!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As it turns out, the production on The First Slam Dunk movie was greenlit back in 2014, after years of development of a convincing CG build since 2009. Now that the film is out, unless Inoue will dive on another anime work, I think it's more than likely that he'll be back on Real and/or Vagabond. Him mentioning a desire to return to Vagabond again makes me think that he's clearly pondering about it. At least, now it's clearer for me the reason why Vagabond went into hiatus and why Real was so slow in releasing. Let's hope for them return to publication soon!
In the interview I linked to, he said his involvement in the Slam Dunk movie wasn’t substantial.

I see.
Still, I'm led to believe that his involvement in the film may be at least in part what took a toll on his works as a mangaka. The timing of the statement being close to the end of the long production of Slam Dunk (not to mention, Vagabond entering hiatus shortly after the production of the movie was greenlit) makes me think it's not just a coincidence. Let's see how it goes.

Top Bottom