Wallpapers by Shadowkin

Here's something that I quickly made and no it's not one of the three other walls I'm making. The other three walls that I'm making will be much better, witch involves scenic bg's and all the rest, something more effort full

Edit: Made some improvements here and there, just so you know

Here's my new wall :guts:
It's nothing amazing, but it's still ok I guess. I mainly wanted to display the emotion here with the dark empty wall and Casca sitting there looking all alone and stuff. You can find the original scan in volume 17 where Guts return to the Blacksmith. The wall was made from scratch and I kind of like the texture I made, anyway I'm also working on a Serpico wall with costom made wind spirits :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Looks nice, Shadowkin. Its a solid composite of placing Casca in a different background.

Two things that stand out to me are that the hair don't really share the same shading (still left uncolored) and the line art seems a bit blurry (did you increase the size of the original?)

CnC said:
Looks nice, Shadowkin. Its a solid composite of placing Casca in a different background.

Two things that stand out to me are that the hair don't really share the same shading (still left uncolored) and the line art seems a bit blurry (did you increase the size of the original?)
Nooo not the hair again, I'm not really good with the hair thing :judo: Should I make it more gray and darker? And yes, I did increased the size a little... Does the lines stand out that much?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Shadowkin said:
Nooo not the hair again, I'm not really good with the hair thing :judo: Should I make it more gray and darker? And yes, I did increased the size a little... Does the lines stand out that much?

Hair is typically shaded with the idea in mind that you're shading many individual strands. Use reference of dark hair in photos as a guide.

As for the line art I usually only blow up the original when its absolutely necessary, and even then I only blow it up a bit but then add a subtle sharpen filter to help reduce detail destruction. I do all of this before I start to color.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow, if you want to cheat and just make the hair a LITTLE better, just paint over it with a black brush with opacity 50% or something. That would at least make it less blatantly uncolored.

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
Freakin' excellent work, guy. I particularly LOVE the one with the Berserk Armor. Keep it up :)

slayer81 said:
Keep it up :)
CnC said:
Since his last entry was over a year ago that might be a while. :serpico:
I'm still making wallpapers; just a lapse in Berserk walls however, since I've waited a little (a year now I think) till a couple Berserk episodes piled up and then read them ;) Anyhow, now that I've caught up again (and found myself reading the whole Berserk manga again as a result :ganishka:) I'm in the mood to begin making some Berserk walls again :guts: especially since I've learned a couple things in the mean time from my other walls.

Top Bottom