We are DOOMed

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
Yeah.... 15.3 Mil isn't exactly what I would call a blockbuster hit.

Indeed, and they were expecting $60 millions... Oh well, since the other movies got even less, I guess they can consider themselves happy.

CnC

Ad Oculos
#1 this weekend can count for something, though. The bell curve could mean the sequel is already underway. And let me guess, they left it wide open for a sequel :schierke:

Doom 2! Here we come! :troll:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Movies keep earning less and less because they keep sucking more and more. The sad thing is those that are even remotely decent, like Serenity, usually go virtually unadvertised compared to the gigantic crap piles. In any case, I think I actually found a more or less acurate review from a game site. Sadly, it's about a movie:

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/660/660300p1.html

OMG this surprise me a lot... I always thought it will be good to make a movie about DOOM after the first Resident Evil movie... (They have eerie resemblance, except DOOM could be a hundred time more scary)

I wondering the effect of horror is as intensified as the game DOOM 3... Anyway too bad the movie is not yet release in my country :judo:

The movie did justice to the video game. SOme people complained that the plot sucked. Wake up fools! Its DOOM! Search and Destroy is the PLOT! Thats what the movie was all about. The last 30 minutes was really good too!

2nd weekend movie only made 4 mil and has made 22 mil total this movie can now be consider a bust at the box office. :troll:

Looks like the movie was DOOMed at box office. :schierke:

It was just made for fans of the game, kinda like the Advent deal. I don't wanna bring that over here, but anyways. I remember years ago playing Wolfenstein 3D on the computer and SNES. Then Doom on the computer and SNES and so forth. I always liked the games and the movie did it justice. Doom 3 kinda ignored all the other games and the movie seemed to be a prequel to Doom 3. All the scenery looked just like the game, I wanted to see Dr. Bertruger though. Oh well, I enjoyed it. :serpico:

- C

The RE movies were a bust yet there is a third one coming out. Everyone one of Uwe Boll's movie was a total and complete failure in all area's and yet he still gets huge amounts of cash for his movies, great actors, and a ton of support.

CnC

Ad Oculos
With the remakes and sequels to bad movies in the works and becoming the standard despite how poorly they do in the box office, I truly believe hollywood has gone apeshit crazy.

re1 held true to the feel of the game but lacked monsters... they even went the train route for final fight...

re2?!? holy shit! watching that movie felt like taking a dump after eat 3 pounds of broken glass the night before...

uwe boll can try to suck all day long but will still never hold a candle to the level of suck that ghosts of mars oozed... if you havent seen it, please watch this movie... it will put everything in perspective, i promise

:carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
What the fuck... Don't people respect anything anymore? No remake could ever come close to the original, that would really be a stupid idea. It's so ridiculous I'm thinking it's a hoax. If they want to exploit the franchise, they can always make another bad sequel, no need to shit on the original.
I know this pains you the most since you hold the original close to your heart... :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I know this pains you the most since you hold the original close to your heart... :judo:

Indeed... And it's totally unneeded, too. What would it have? Better SFX? What a fucking joke. I'm disgusted.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
With the remakes and sequels to bad movies in the works and becoming the standard despite how poorly they do in the box office, I truly believe hollywood has gone apeshit crazy.

Haven't heard it summed up better. IN-SANE.

It's just a rumor. We're more likely to see a Predator 3 than we are a remake of the original. I pray to god it stays a rumor. Predator was one of Arnold's best.

Meathook

The World Eaters are here to save us!
Time to separate the slack-jawed faggots from the sexual tyrannosaurs...
CnC i love it when you talk dirty. But wait one sec. Did you say a third resident evil movie. The first i could stand, the second i didn't know they made a second one. I seen a steaming load of crap. I just didn't connect the two. But a third one, and a remake of the Predator movie. This is sounding almost as bad as a live action Transformers movie.

Make me wonder if King Kong remake was a great idea in the first place :schierke:

Anyway just watch the movie... Its good... as in the FPR... Its look totally like the game... But the storyline wise... I guess its a totally ripoff from Resident Evil...

Sarge and Reeve... Was so similar with Alice and Nemesis fight...

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Live action transformers directed by Michael bay, prepared to be rocked.

Like bad boys 2! Only the cars on flying off the back of the truck will be robots! and the truck will be optimus prime!

...I'm serious... thats probably gonna be a scene.

Smith said:
Make me wonder if King Kong remake was a great idea in the first place :schierke:

I know _I_ can't wait... I hope they change the ending, that'd be awesome. Kong's about to be shot down, when all of a sudden, Godzilla falls from the sky and tackles kong! Then Rodan, Gidora, the worm (I know his name, but "the worm" sounds cooler) and its tone deaf midget musical accompaniment duo show up to have the final battle of World War 2!! YeA!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Like bad boys 2!
I <3 Bad Boys 2; the quintessential Micheal Bay movie. It's one giant explosion, in every sense of the word. A 13-year old boy with an 80-million budget couldn't make a more pre-pubescent action movie.

I know _I_ can't wait... I hope they change the ending, that'd be awesome. Kong's about to be shot down, when all of a sudden, Godzilla falls from the sky and tackles kong! Then Rodan, Gidora, the worm (I know his name, but "the worm" sounds cooler) and its tone deaf midget musical accompaniment duo show up to have the final battle of World War 2!! YeA!
Don't forget a heavy abundance of circular pans ardoun King Kong, New York City and the Earth. This is Peter Jackson you know.

Top Bottom