What is Guts for SK ?

Mitsu_dunDee

Sparkles + will-o-the-wisp = BOUM
After the feast (femto birth), Guts plays forest gump and SK eventually meet s him, learning him about how he will spend his night from now on.
SK lends guts his sword and guts fight small ghost or smthg like.
Then SK say smthg strange about guts "i have found you" (you what ?) and
guts's "light" when ghost vanish.
Does someone has noticed it too or is it just my imagination ?

Mitsu_dunDee ???

P

psymont

guts must be another part of some prophecy(maybe the hawk of darkness or light) .... sk seems pretty in the know .... he saved guts, i think, cause a prophecy said something about a survivor from the eclipse .... of course, sympathy for somebody who is going though the same situations as he had might be why sk is so involved with guts ....
right about here is usually where majin steps in ....

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
we know the hawk of light is supposedly griifith but who the hell is the hawk of darkness

Mitsu_dunDee

from void:
It's not as simple as that...

for shure ! For Guts to become the Hawk of darkness he has to go one step forward in darness or hatred while Caska is with him he cannot turn himself into a black dog berserker. I hope the eflheim story in vol 25 will give us more clues about it (maybe a SK show one day)...

P

psymont

griffith might just be fronting as the hawk of light in my opion .... his motives, especially since they are selfish, are not for the benefit of man .... although, the light side is not neccessarily the good side .... white is the color of death in some cultures(as opposed to black)

Mitsu_dunDee

Psymont said:
the light side is not neccessarily the good side .... white is the color of death in some cultures(as opposed to black)

It would be fun that Guts is the white Hawk and Griffith the black one,
it ring a bell of SK saying about guts :
"I've found you"
"You are truely the light that shines in darkness"

-> quite ambiguous, isn't it ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mitsu_dunDee said:
It would be fun that Guts is the white Hawk and Griffith the black one,
it ring a bell of SK saying about guts :
"I've found you"
"You are truely the light that shines in darkness"

-> quite ambiguous, isn't it ?
Well, that translation is unfortuntaely wrong. I made a theory about it a while back and got it shot down by The Hague.

About the Dark/Light Hawk theory. It sounds like a dualism of a single entity to me. Not 2 opposing forces.

P

psymont

well, guts is trying to fight his internal demon .... are you saying that the hawk of light/dark might be guts' internal struggle over good and evil? that he could be both? or that griffith could be both?

Mitsu_dunDee

Psymont said:
well, guts is trying to fight his internal demon .... are you saying that the hawk of light/dark might be guts' internal struggle over good and evil? that he could be both? or that griffith could be both?

I'm trying to say that people (in midland) might got wrong thinking that Griffith is the (truley) white hawk (bringin salvation and all tehse craps) as he
was born from a sacrifice he can be but an evil omen (the old lady talks about it when thinking about rickert's fate with pakk -before meeting SK-)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Anyway in vol22, I believe Schirke after using bird-vision says something like 'though he's called white hawk and everybody love him, think of him like the saviour of midland, he's gonna bring an era of darkness' (kinda^^)
well...

T

temporary

It is intensely predicted that SK and guts will have a child together.

P

psymont

Mitsu_dunDee said:
Psymont said:

I'm trying to say that people (in midland) might got wrong thinking that Griffith is the (truley) white hawk (bringin salvation and all tehse craps) as he
was born from a sacrifice he can be but an evil omen (the old lady talks about it when thinking about rickert's fate with pakk -before meeting SK-)

i was directing that at walters post that preceded mine

Top Bottom