www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread

holy shit..... that berserker repaint is godly! now im jealous lol :D

both those statues are really beautiful but the Berserker one makes me want to just stare at it for hours lol.

thanks for sharing DK!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Very cool indeed. I don't know if there should be that much silver in the Berserk armor but it makes the detail of the sculpt jump which is very nice.

Yeah, I agree. Awesome painting job, but the Black Swordsman isn't black enough to my taste. Great stuff anyway, and the Zodd kit he did is also very nice.

wow
the blood job on the armored berserk is uber awesome....seriously...
btw, was it just the flash, or did the painter repaint the whole armor...why is the armor shinning?

kubricka said:
wow
the blood job on the armored berserk is uber awesome....seriously...
btw, was it just the flash, or did the painter repaint the whole armor...why is the armor shinning?

I doubt Skink used flash when he took pictures (flash usually looks horrible on kits/statues), but I did ask Allen if Skink repainted the entire thing and the answer is "yes". He repainted the entire statue from top to bottom, as well as added the bloodwork (this goes the same for the Lost Children statue as well). As to whether or not Skink stripped the original AOW paint off, I'm not certain. I think Skink applied some washes to the armor and then just touched it up with his own style.

It looks devastatingly good.

Dude, you should get that SKINK guy to paint your Griffith garage kit.

Oh, he should repaint my Zoddo 1! hahahah, that would be sweet.

EndLeSS8 said:
It looks devastatingly good.

Dude, you should get that SKINK guy to paint your Griffith garage kit.

Oh, he should repaint my Zoddo 1! hahahah, that would be sweet.

Hey Endless! Haven't seen you around lately. Hope all is well =).

Well, everyone should know that I'm sticking with John for everything Berserk related. I do think Skink is VERY talented but I'm in love with John's work and will always be =). I can't wait for the next kit. It'll be up on the site this coming week!

I present to you... the COUNT. For more pictures and a description of the creation-process, visit the site!

Count: Apostle with Custom Rickert and Victim

countrickertportrait.jpg

wip_rickert1.jpg

wip_countmouth.jpg

wip_victim.jpg

countfullmanga.jpg

countfullfar.jpg

rickertahhhhmanga.jpg

rickertright.jpg

victimahhhhmanga.jpg

countdetails.jpg

countscenefull.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
Someone else must have logged into his account......

I didn't have much time to surf the boards this morning, so I had to be brief. Hows this:
Rickerts look of complete surprise works well. I mean, how did Luke Skywalker even join the hawks?

DirectDK said:
If CnC didn't have any complaints, then it must be pretty good :serpico:.

Hehe, well. Critiques are my "thing" I guess. But I do like this one, thanks for sharing. :serpico:

FINALLY!!! I've updated the page!!! Yay!!!

Here's my latest addition, my first finished 1/6 scale Berserk kit! It stands 13 inches tall, along with its custom base (scratch-built, with liquid gel for the pool of blood):

Tadaa!

Top Bottom