Votes: 58 56.9%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
With all the apostles or even the God Hand that Guts took out or faced against its a wonder that he has a harder time defeating Zodd in beast form. Personally I think Guts already surpasses Zodd in human form. Its just a matter of time. I probably think Guts will slice off Zodd's other horn and Zodd will no longer take sides.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Ramen4ever said:
I wonder if where gonna see a Griffith regeneration scene later in the manga, if Guts ever does fight him. :griff:- "ahh my ear"

..I cant picture him attaching his own leg back on. or his head. ( not sure if Godhand regenerate the same way as apostles)
http://flesh.ytmnd.com/

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
how about after being cut up in pieces guts or skully burn the rests?! it might work! the snake tyrant was burnt to death after being cut in two if im not wrong (well at least in the animated series) et the bitch at the begining of the manga she kinda die in flames too (well from far away it looks like that) what do you think?!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
how about after being cut up in pieces guts or skully burn the rests?! it might work! the snake tyrant was burnt to death after being cut in two if im not wrong (well at least in the animated series) et the bitch at the begining of the manga she kinda die in flames too (well from far away it looks like that) what do you think?!
I don't think it's flame specifically that killed the Lord of Koka castle and the "female" apostle. More like heavy damage and their torsos being ripped or blown to pieces.

Those faraway shots of the apostles "dying" are likely to hide the vortex of souls gathering their remains.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I don't think it's flame specifically that  killed the Lord of Koka castle and the "female" apostle. More like heavy damage and their torsos being ripped or blown to pieces.

Those faraway shots of the apostles "dying" are likely to hide the vortex of souls gathering their remains. 

yeah i think you re right..but still flames do hurt like hell when you,re already torn in piece imo and could give him the "coup de grace" :carcus:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Guts seems like a good choice. Zodd has some respect for him and saved his life when his sword shattered. Not much is known about the past of Zodd and SK so their encounters may have been just the desire of two warriors to test their skill against a worthy opponent. Zodd has a lot more honor than the typical apostle, so him losing to a guy like Guts in a fair dual seems the most fitting end.

Q

Qliphoth

It's been mentioned before on here about the possibility of Guts and SK being one in the same. Not to be redundant or anything, but I don't think it's an impossibilty either. They seem to have too much in common with each other to be different from each other, or not atleast 'linked' in some way. I think the laws of causality require someone to be in the position of Sk/Void and Guts/Griffith/Femto. This is total speculation...a little out there....but that's what makes the story so awesome....it has the possibilities. genius. :SK:
So - I think SK and Guts are the same person and will kill Zodd...or...given the similarities of SK, Guts and Zodd something crazy's gonna happen. That final battle will completely change the world, or end it.

Tenro

...You tit.
I think the only important "end" for Zodd is the death of his legend. In that sense, I believe it will be Guts who ends the story of Nosferatu Zodd. I think that the greatness Guts sought after leaving the Hawks was really just that; the individual fame of a battlefield legend.
So, I think that Guts' legacy will destroy that of Zodd and the Immortal will be forgotten. As for his actual death, it seems a bit inconsequential given Zodd's lot in life, but I don't see anyone other than SK having enough firepower to do the deed as it currently stands.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I voted for other also, just because I don't see either of these characters killing Zodd.

I could absolutely see them hit a draw in a battle down the road where Zodd realizes that Guts has become as strong or stronger than he is, and then join forces for a more epic fight against a truly stonger opponent.

Although I think I would hate to see a three man tag team match up, I can envision Skully-Void Guts-Femto Zodd+help distracting the rest of the God's Hand during the fight. I can see Zodd meeting his demise against any or all of the God's Hand more easily than I can see him being killed offhand by SK who has shown superiority prior, or being dispatched by Guts after the role he has played throughout the story. In my mind, Guts and Zodd have a sort of fraternal love - hate thing going on, or maybe more a sense of respect and admiration for one another, the respect of power and honor. Anyway my rambling speculation aside, my feeling is "other".

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
Who will end Zodd? Zodd himself of course. I was following Griffith and he didn't need me at all :judo:. Then he cuts off his own head and dies. Yeah that sounds like the future!

DoM

I'm a llama!
About Apostles, do you think their strength as Demons is proportional to the strength they had as humans before the mutation?

Considering the episode with Wyald, it seems their "human form" as we call it is not really their former human body (ie when wyald dies his body turns into a small guy, his real human form?), so i'm not really sure.
But if it were, could you imagine Guts as an apostle?
Anyways, if Zodd were to be killed, i hope it will be by Guts' DS!

Speaking of which, each apostle seems to have their humanoid form even when they are in their monster form, and it is their weakness. I noticed other apostles don't, like Zodd. Do they somehow lose their weakness after a second eclipse, like the count was going to have if he did decide to sacrifice his daughter?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Struggler said:
Speaking of which, each apostle seems to have their humanoid form even when they are in their monster form, and it is their weakness. I noticed other apostles don't, like Zodd. Do they somehow lose their weakness after a second eclipse, like the count was going to have if he did decide to sacrifice his daughter?

Theres nothing to indicate the human forms (I'm assuming your talking about occasional faces or torso's that remain apparent when in apostle form) are a weakness. And theres nothing to point to an apparent change in apostle after the eclipse.

DoM said:
About Apostles, do you think their strength as Demons is proportional to the strength they had as humans before the mutation?

Any thoughts on this would be pure speculation, as no rules have been set. Other theories include the amount sacrificed or character traits being enhanced or taking physical form when the person becomes an apostle. All of these theories have been discussed in other threads.

Theres nothing to indicate the human forms (I'm assuming your talking about occasional faces or torso's that remain apparent when in apostle form) are a weakness. 

Actually, Guts cut Wyald wide open and it had no effect. However, when Guts cut his humanoid torso it brought Wyald to the brink of death.

Guts cutting up the snail apostle had no effect, only cutting his (humanoid) head off did.

I notice no such weakness on Zodd if Guts or Skullknight are the ones that are going to kill him. I"m just theorizing if this is the result of a second sacrifice to the godhand(actually saying "second eclipse" in my first post was incorrect). 

Then again the ogres and the trolls don't have their humanoid forms either, I'm just blowing smoke.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
A thought just popped in my head, I wonder what Zodd sacrificed?

Well, you're not the first person to think that

:void:

Struggler said:
Actually, Guts cut Wyald wide open and it had no effect. However, when Guts cut his humanoid torso it brought Wyald to the brink of death.

Guts cutting up the snail apostle had no effect, only cutting his (humanoid) head off did.

The apostles with regenerative properties _did_ show permanent damage when parts of them were attacked (In wyald's case it included the eye of his apostle's form, not just his "human" features). But theres nothing to indicate that this sort of thing won't happen after the eclipse. I'm sure Grunbeld will have a scar on his face, but thats yet to be seen.

Struggler said:
I notice no such weakness on Zodd if Guts or Skullknight are the ones that are going to kill him. I"m just theorizing if this is the result of a second sacrifice to the godhand(actually saying "second eclipse" in my first post was incorrect).

Zodd has yet to lose anything but an arm to SK or Guts. But when the hawk of light caused a permanent scar when it cut off its horn. So nothing is certain concerning Zodd's history.

CloudNutta

-nothing to fear but fear itself-
Originally SK.
But now that I think about it..........Akuma
SK will die, guts will gain motivation or clarity, than move on grif.
If its not Akuma I bet he never dies.

(zodd sacrificed his mother, meanwhile akuma was a momma's boy and seeing as they're brothers there is a lot of tension at the dinner table, Akuma keeps her corpse there and they just stare at eachother)

S

smoke

I would be really shocked if Zodd went down by the hands (bolts) of Ganishka. If that were the case, his entire existence in the manga will have been cheapened, I think.

I expect great things from Zodd in the future, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the main players in the final plotlines of Berserk.

Top Bottom