What Are You Playing?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Been trying to finish up The Witcher the past two weeks. It's okay, but I'm truly amazed at how much high praise this game got, given its serious flaws. I also can't get over its SUPER SERIOUS tone, given that I can pretty much sleep with every female character in the game, after which I get a collectible card depicting the deed. Classy!

Anyway, starting this week I'll be playing through Radiant Historia, providing it arrives in time.

Walter said:
Been trying to finish up The Witcher the past two weeks. It's okay, but I'm truly amazed at how much high praise this game got, given its serious flaws. I also can't get over its SUPER SERIOUS tone, given that I can pretty much sleep with every female character in the game, after which I get a collectible card depicting the deed. Classy!

I've finally finished it last week and I see what you mean by serious flaws.
At some point the game can get really boring and repetitive (thanks to certain sidequests!), the graphics were nice, especially the beautiful landscapes but it also contain lots of bugs.
All in all, I appreciated it. It have it's own charm, the super serious tone is part of it.
I'm definitely looking forward for his sequel!

X

Xem

Since I finally caved in and bought an Xbox 360 it's been Call of Duty: Black Ops... the first FPS I've played since Counterstrike. I still think Counterstrike was better. Also, I bought the expansion for World of Warcraft but have yet to level. Guess after 6 years it's finally getting old. Maybe it's time to finally cancel the subscription and put MMO's behind me.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
Since I finally caved in and bought an Xbox 360 it's be Call of Duty: Black Ops... the first FPS I've played since Counterstrike. I still think Counterstrike was better. Also, I bought the expansion for World of Warcraft but have yet to level. Guess after 6 years it's finally getting old. Maybe it's time to finally cancel the subscription and put MMO's behind me.

You make me feel like I'm on the cutting edge.

Deci said:
Since I finally caved in and bought an Xbox 360 it's be Call of Duty: Black Ops... the first FPS I've played since Counterstrike. I still think Counterstrike was better.

These are probably the two worst first person shooters I can think of, so I guess you're gonna have a blast with every single other FPS from now on.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
after getting a ps3 not too long ago, finally finished God of war III. It felt shorter for me, and I liked the fight with Hades and Cronos the most. I thought by this 3rd game they would change the way you open the chests and doors, you know maybe with a kick or just shattering it with your blades.

UPDATE: playing Killzone 3 at the moment. Liking it so far. If anyone wants the code for SOCOM 4 BEta let me know, since I know I"m not going to use it

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to stomach my way through Darksiders, because I've heard such high praise for how it tackles the Zelda formula. BUt man, the "story" and "characters" are enough to make me barf. They're straight out of a late 90s Image comic. Lots of excessive shoulder pads, horns, belts and scars.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Th3Branded0ne said:
UPDATE: playing Killzone 3 at the moment. Liking it so far. If anyone wants the code for SOCOM 4 BEta let me know, since I know I"m not going to use it
Playing this as well Brandy! We should play together sometime if we're both on. I'll get my friend to invite you to our squad if I see you in the game. I'm also playing this pretty nice JRPG for DS called Radiant Historia. It's about a guy using a time traveling book thing that lets him go back to different decisions and split the timeline, and it's handled pretty well from what I've seen so far. It's pretty fun and I like how the battle system is pretty fast. I'd recommend it to anybody who feels a need for a JRPG at the moment.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Dar Klink said:
Playing this as well Brandy! We should play together sometime if we're both on. I'll get my friend to invite you to our squad if I see you in the game. I'm also playing this pretty nice JRPG for DS called Radiant Historia. It's about a guy using a time traveling book thing that lets him go back to different decisions and split the timeline, and it's handled pretty well from what I've seen so far. It's pretty fun and I like how the battle system is pretty fast. I'd recommend it to anybody who feels a need for a JRPG at the moment.

I"ll be online tomorrow night, since I"m off Sundays and MOndays. SEe ya in the network Link

Aphasia said:
Bulletstorm and Just Cause 2 should arrive today. Can't wait to try them out and blow some shit up! :mozgus:

You won't be disappointed by Just Cause 2. It's the ultimate videogame. Just gather enough money to buy yourself a private jet and you'll forget all your earthly problems.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Eluvei said:
You won't be disappointed by Just Cause 2. It's the ultimate videogame. Just gather enough money to buy yourself a private jet and you'll forget all your earthly problems.

So I've seen from all the awesome videos of people surfing sharks and jets and buildings into other buildings. :guts: It's been a while since I've played a good sandbox so I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know what I think of it later on tonight!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just Cause 2 offered a little TOO much freedom for me. It felt aimless, and I never felt anything I did really mattered, in the big picture. Sure, I could assemble an amazing arsenal and blow up an entire factory, but to what end?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Just Cause 2 offered a little TOO much freedom for me. It felt aimless, and I never felt anything I did really mattered, in the big picture. Sure, I could assemble an amazing arsenal and blow up an entire factory, but to what end?

Just 'cause. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well played... :ubik:

I should also mention I'm playing through Radiant Historia for the DS right now, in brief sessions, about 1-2 hrs a day. It didn't strike me as very special at first. But with time it's proven itself to be a very mature RPG, and by that I don't mean blood and boobs. I mean, the script itself doesn't treat you like a goddamn moron. And that's refreshing.

It also has one of the best RPG soundtracks I've heard in a game in a long, long time, composed by Yoko Shimomura, of Street Fighter II and various Square games.

Aphasia

Walter said:
Well played... :ubik:

I should also mention I'm playing through Radiant Historia for the DS right now, in brief sessions, about 1-2 hrs a day. It didn't strike me as very special at first. But with time it's proven itself to be a very mature RPG, and by that I don't mean blood and boobs. I mean, the script itself doesn't treat you like a goddamn moron. And that's refreshing.

It also has one of the best RPG soundtracks I've heard in a game in a long, long time, composed by Yoko Shimomura, of Street Fighter II and various Square games.

I think you have a different opinion of what mature equals when it comes to the ESRB. :troll:

Radiant Historia looked pretty cool. It's on my radar to buy when I get a DS/3DS. Good to hear you like it! A nice soundtrack is a big plus in my book.

A few hours into Bulletstorm. Grade A fun for sure. Space pirates, exploding hot dog stands and dinosaurs. :guts: It has "please leave your brain at the door" written all over it, and I'm so okay with that.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Walter said:
[...]composed by Yoko Shimomura, of Street Fighter II and various Square games.

Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite soundtracks and made me aware of the composer and her other works. I'll definitely have to investigate RH now...

Walter said:

That sure is a good soundtrack, looks like I will have to check this game out. I really like this track as well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzQq3-9nhKA&feature=related

Scorpio said:
Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite soundtracks and made me aware of the composer and his other works. I'll definitely have to investigate RH now...

Yoko Shimomura is a girl. :iva: I am playing Majora's Mask that I bought on the Wii's virtual console, it's pretty fun so far. I was really worried about the time in the beginning of the game until I realized that I had to wait till the night of the final day for the door to the clocktower to open. That is one creepy moon by the way, reminds me of Freddy Krueger for some reason. :serpico:

Playing a hell of a lot of Borderlands - starting up a new character (Mordecai), in preparation for getting the new DLC, Claptrap's Robot Revolution. So far level 50, gonna run through 2.5 before I get to the DLC. Having a blast playing this again.

Aphasia

Walter said:
Trying to stomach my way through Darksiders, because I've heard such high praise for how it tackles the Zelda formula. BUt man, the "story" and "characters" are enough to make me barf. They're straight out of a late 90s Image comic. Lots of excessive shoulder pads, horns, belts and scars.

You're a better man than I for sticking it out with a game you don't enjoy. Did it get any better or did you give up on it?

Just beat Bulletstorm. That was some shit right there. I loved it. Although there's not much left in terms of content when you beat the campaign. The Multiplayer consists of a horde mode, and Echoes, which are like miniature versions of levels that are entirely score based. I don't really mind too much though - the main game is what I bought it for. It also has some of the coolest gun designs. Major props on that front.

So now I've started Just Cause 2. I'm a few hours in on one of the first missions. The accents and dialogue are cracking me up. Most of the soldiers sound like normal guys doing impressions of chinese accents. :ganishka: But hey, it's cool. I'm gonna go hang glide across the coast for a few more hours.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:

Ah yes I remember Darksiders. I actually played through till the end, or close to the end until at some point I got stuck. Then I realized that I wasn't actually having any fun, it was just an annoying, cheesy game that rips off everything from other games. I never did beat it, despite being on the last chapter or something, and I don't feel bad about it at all.

Aphasia said:
Just beat Bulletstorm. That was some shit right there. I loved it. Although there's not much left in terms of content when you beat the campaign. The Multiplayer consists of a horde mode, and Echoes, which are like miniature versions of levels that are entirely score based. I don't really mind too much though - the main game is what I bought it for. It also has some of the coolest gun designs. Major props on that front.

Hmm, maybe I'll check this out. Ive been itching for something new, even though I should save money for all that is coming out in the next few months. As for Just Cause, I didnt really care for the first game and after playing the demo for the sequel, I think I'll stay clear of that series.

Top Bottom