Author Topic: What are you watching? (television thread)  (Read 121472 times)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: What are you watching? (television thread)
« Reply #775 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
Caught Star Trek: Discovery last night. I'm not 100% behind some of their choices, but it's promising so far.

Offline residentgrigo

• Of the Interstice
  • Excitement and Enjoyment!
« Reply #776 on: October 02, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »
The Alt-Right (if that is the right term) is apparently trying to hijack the fan base and i canīt say that i am happy about all the fake drama Star Trek Discovery is getting. The pilot was a bit too in media-res and the lack of development for the charters who were only in ep.1+2 is noticeable but ep.2 was already a step up. Ep.3 then completely comes together and is not only great Sci-Fi itīs also immortally recognizable as Trek. Sure, it has the DS9 grit turned to 11 but that was the best one anyway. Who knows if it needs the TV-MA on a creative level but the gore sure looked stylish.

The Orville is further rubbish yet the same drama STD is getting is trying to lift it up as "real" Trek. Yeah whatever, the ratings have spoken.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #777 on: October 03, 2017, 12:35:52 AM »
I finally watched Rick and Morty, I think I have 2 or 3 episodes left to watch in Season 3. The show RULES. Poor, poor Jerry ... I feel for the guy sometimes. Rick is star of the show, sliding in dark truths here n there.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Online Sareth

« Reply #778 on: October 24, 2017, 12:45:17 AM »
Finally got around to binging the second season of Attack on Titan. Hard to believe it took so long, I started university while the first season was wrapping up and was just about to graduate when this season started.

Now I've started back watching Rose of Versailles.

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #779 on: October 26, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »
I finally watched Rick and Morty, I think I have 2 or 3 episodes left to watch in Season 3. The show RULES. Poor, poor Jerry ... I feel for the guy sometimes. Rick is star of the show, sliding in dark truths here n there.

Avoid the fanbase for the most part. It's toxic as hell and kind of ruins the show.

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #780 on: October 26, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »
Avoid the fanbase for the most part. It's toxic as hell and kind of ruins the show.

Also avoid the comments like this in every Rick & Morty discussion, and I've seen it almost verbatim several times in just regular articles on the show, that also kind of attempts to ruin the show. What the hell are Rick & Morty fans doing out there to get this reputation anyway, short of actually killing people? If toxic fanbases ruined things we'd have to quit all TV, sports, movies, and AHEM, video games. :carcus: Plus politics and humanity in general.

Better yet, just avoid fanbases altogether... present company excluded, of course. :slan:

Online Sareth

« Reply #781 on: October 26, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »
What the hell are Rick & Morty fans doing out there to get this reputation anyway, short of actually killing people?

Throwing tantrums at McDonald's over a dipping sauce.

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #782 on: October 26, 2017, 09:01:27 PM »
Throwing tantrums at McDonald's over a dipping sauce.

Yeah, I saw that, but that's just stupid and obnoxious. Worse would be the bitching about/attacking the shows women writers, but I'm still failing to see the distinction between them and... The Internet? Anyway, I'm not defending them or saying they aren't terrible (I can definitely see how a bunch of Rick wannabes could be a problem), but it's just that I only ever hear the secondhand backlash which makes my natural skepticism kick in so it seems more like a Rick & Morty meme than them actually being exceptionally worse than all the other obnoxious or toxic fanbases online.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #783 on: October 26, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
I acknowledge this will make me sound like an old man, but is Rick & Morty from the same mind as House of Cosbys?
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline MrFlibble

• Of the Interstice
  • Without a fairy, you're not even a real man.
« Reply #784 on: October 26, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »

Is there any fanbase that doesn't have a subgroup of morons?

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #785 on: October 26, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »
I acknowledge this will make me sound like an old man, but is Rick & Morty from the same mind as House of Cosbys?

Yup! But not old, just astute. As a matter of fact, Rick & Morty's Internet precursor, a takeoff on Back to the Future's Doc and Marty, is a direct result of the legal trouble House of Cosby's faced and basically a big fuck you to Universal in the form of a cartoon about Doc Brown finding different pretexts to get Marty McFly to lick his balls. :ganishka: