Author Topic: What are you watching? (television thread)  (Read 113701 times)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: What are you watching? (television thread)
« Reply #775 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
Caught Star Trek: Discovery last night. I'm not 100% behind some of their choices, but it's promising so far.

Offline residentgrigo

• Of the Interstice
  • Excitement and Enjoyment!
« Reply #776 on: October 02, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »
The Alt-Right (if that is the right term) is apparently trying to hijack the fan base and i canīt say that i am happy about all the fake drama Star Trek Discovery is getting. The pilot was a bit too in media-res and the lack of development for the charters who were only in ep.1+2 is noticeable but ep.2 was already a step up. Ep.3 then completely comes together and is not only great Sci-Fi itīs also immortally recognizable as Trek. Sure, it has the DS9 grit turned to 11 but that was the best one anyway. Who knows if it needs the TV-MA on a creative level but the gore sure looked stylish.

The Orville is further rubbish yet the same drama STD is getting is trying to lift it up as "real" Trek. Yeah whatever, the ratings have spoken.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #777 on: October 03, 2017, 12:35:52 AM »
I finally watched Rick and Morty, I think I have 2 or 3 episodes left to watch in Season 3. The show RULES. Poor, poor Jerry ... I feel for the guy sometimes. Rick is star of the show, sliding in dark truths here n there.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.