Show your scars

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
While on the chatroom Tuesday night, I came up wit the idea to make a thread about showing scars we have acquired through our lives. Whether they are recent or from childhood. I think sometimes even from the scars you can recollect a memory and not forget it so easily. Ok, I"ll post 2 scars today, but I have more. So come on and show us your scars.

dscn1031.jpg

I think almost everyone gets the classic immunization shot when you are a baby, and get this as a first scar in your life

dscn1033p.jpg

I was about 15. I got cut with a window as I was trying to open it through a hole in it. I needed stitches but didn't get any.
I actually didn't feel the cut after some seconds later that the blood was flowing.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I find it very strange that you start this thread now, I just received my first facial wound on Tuesday. Attacked by a drunk fella at the House of Blues during a Revolting Cocks show. I guess people don't understand it's dance music and mosh for anything.

DSC01413.jpg

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
That is pretty hardcore dude. Press charges?

Nah, they offered but I said no. He broke my glasses but it'll probably be a cheap fix. I didn't even start with the guy, he just attacked me as I was walking by the pit area. Security grabbed him before i could retaliate, but what would that have accomplished? Revenge is good for my health though!

Sorry about the bad photos, I just took these with my phone. These are the only scars I could find on me.

Two small burns on my finger
mailgooglecom4199642.jpg

Tiny scar on my left foot, I don't know what caused it. My friend's kitty maybe.
mailgooglecom4204295.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Man, I wanted this thread in the Vagabond Inn! I feel the way Aaz must every time he sees me posting exclusively in there. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Man, I wanted this thread in the Vagabond Inn! I feel the way Aaz must every time he sees me posting exclusively in there. =)

You had a blackout and woke up covered in blood? That's how I get all my scars! :iva:

X

Xem

I have a scar on top of my head from being struck by a small broken tree swung by someone. A giant scar on my stomach and a smaller one on my finger (the finger of which I can't feel anymore) from a paranoid psychotic schizophrenic who thought I was poisoning him - he used a hunting knife and was aiming to kill me (that's what you get from trying to help I guess). Many 3rd degree burns from being a line cook in a steak and seafood restaurant without any prior experience. Multiple scars on my elbows and knees from various delinquent activities as a kid... usually running through the woods or falling over barbwire fences.

The weirdest in my opinion though, is the scar I have on my eyeball. I discovered it ~8-10 years ago, and I've asked many nurses and doctors and no one has any real explanation. Mainly they told me it'd go away from anywhere to a couple weeks to a year. Well.... ~9 years later - STILL THERE!.

There's also a few scars on my legs and arms, but that's mostly from me not really caring about some minor wounds and I just kept picking at them until they became permanent. I'll post picks if people demand it, but I'm too lazy to do it naturally.

edit: Almost forgot! One of my first scars ever actually, is a giant scar on the topside of my wrist where I used a military knife to become blood brothers a loooooooong time ago.

It's a long story. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Almost forgot! One of my first scars ever actually, is a giant scar on the topside of my wrist where I used a military knife to become blood brothers a loooooooong time ago.

Now this begs of question of whether you still speak to your "blood brother" or even know of his whereabouts. :iva:

Th3Branded0ne said:
I think almost everyone gets the classic immunization shot when you are a baby, and get this as a first scar in your life

Not very interesting but I don't have it. My wife sometimes asks if even got the shot in the first place.

I have a scar on my right knee, I got it playing football (soccer) on a dirt pitch. The match was early in the morning and I got it right before half time and I kept playing. It bled a lot and I had a piece of skin hanging out. After the match I went home, took a shower, put some gauze on it and in the afternoon and went to see a professional football match (still soccer,) it continued to bleed throughout the match and in the evening I finally went to get it checked. The nurse said I should have gotten stitches but it was to late. It's better now but I keep scraping that same spot whenever I slide playing some sport (the most recent playing squash)

One thing I'm proud of though, is that the play in which I scraped my knee originally lead to a goal from our team so it was definitely worth it. :serpico:

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
Now this begs of question of whether you still speak to your "blood brother" or even know of his whereabouts. :iva:

Actually there's ~5 of us in total, and yeah I know where most of them are, but no, I don't speak to them anymore really. :sad:

I had a feeling before I did it that it was a dumb idea... but... well.... :azan:

I know should've gone with my gut instinct on that one for sure, but hey, every time I see them we have really friendly conversation. And imho, that's one of those little things you always enjoy - no matter how much you regret the reason behind it. They're still good people, minus one who is in prison now...

Pertaining to the thread still, I forgot a couple more scars. These came from a neurotic Siberian Husky that tried to eat my hand while I was a Kennel Assistant at an Animal Hospital. Fun times!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Here are two scars I got in my lower back. The first one in the middle is when I was about 4 and was jumping from bed to bed. Somehow I fell on my back and hit the frame and this scar is a reminder of it. It used to be bigger, but became smaller as I grew. The second on to the right I was in a slide and something that wasn't suppose to be in a slide( a screw) cut me there. Just click the thumbnail for a bigger picture.

Top Bottom