Berserk Quiz: Leaderboard & Discussion

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Congrats to Ragnarok on joining the 30 Club! Who's next? :badbone:

Walter said:
Personally, I think anyone who gets a perfect score in under 2 minutes should get tied for the #1 spot. That's a huge accomplishment. But if it's literally a race, you're going to get people jamming on keys to shave off seconds, taking the test over and over and over, until the only limitation is luck of questions received and the speed of the flash application.

Am I alone here?

Well, obviously the point is a perfect Berserk score, not a test of speed, but that said, let's find out what those speed limits are. I'd like to see if it's possible for someone to get it down to like a minute, or even see a 30/30 man! :ganishka:

Also, it's not like the leaderboard is exactly clogged with 30's yet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I'm concerned, scoring 30 is all that matters (hell, just passing the test is already good enough). The time limit is first and foremost a way to make sure people know the answers off the top of their head and aren't doing the test in over 2 hours while lengthily looking up each question. Its secondary use as a way to separate scores is just an added bonus for those who like to challenge themselves.

Personally it's when I read posts like Oburi's that I feel I've succeeded.

Oburi said:
This is so much fun. I had no idea that it would be so addictive. Great work Aaz. This is seriously like one of the coolest features on SK.net and why this place remains the number Berserk fan site on the web.

And the crazy part is I AM learning while having fun! Mission Accomplished! Bravo!

That being said, congrats to Ragnarok and to all those who passed the test so far. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game and I hope it'll remain a fun distraction for months to come.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
My best score yet of 20!

It never fails, every time I look up an answer after the quiz, that question is guaranteed not to show up again until I've become fuzzy on it or plain forgotten. I'm still having a hard time differentiating specific volumes from each other, especially.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I love the questions. Especially the ones like [CENSORED BY AAZEALH]. It's like the stuff that I always found interesting but never had a reason to memorize... until now :guts: I also love the questions having to do with the volumes or volume covers because I treasure my copies and it's fun to break up the story of Berserk in my mind through the 34 books. I also have them all spread out now across my floor for easy access. Not to give to much away but I'm now reading through the whole manga and this time I got a pad and pen in hand now so I can tally up every time Guts uses this and that.

It's just a fun reminder of how incredible Berserk really is. It's like I'm getting back into it all over again. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Aaz, are you adding new questions to the programs Q&A data base regularly?

Nope, otherwise people who took it last week and people who'll take it in 2 months would have a different experience. It'll remain as it is in the future.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
29 Points!! Right now I am the only one with this score and I am in the podium ! :troll: A step from the complete result! :mozgus:

EDIT

30 POINTS!!!!!!!! :ubik: :ubik: :badbone:

PERFECT SCORE!! :void:

グリフィス said:
Congrats to Ragnarok on joining the 30 Club! Who's next? :badbone:

Here I am!! :badbone:

Ok guys, I don't want to brag that much..but after my last LIGHTNENING perfect accomplishment, I don't even know if it's possible to complete it in less than one minute...but anyway I must do it:

gauntlet1.jpg

Finally, a perfect score! And made it to top 3 to boot :guts:! I too must compliment Aazealh on how well done this quiz is, both technical and question wise. Truly a priceless learning tool!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maldoror said:
I too must compliment Aazealh on how well done this quiz is, both technical and question wise. Truly a priceless learning tool!

Why, thank you my good sir, and renewed congratulations to all of you who've passed the test and attained a perfect score. Now what you guys need to do is to post more often, to enlighten those who need it. :SK:

I guess that would be fair after learning so much by reading these boards over the years. I've never been much of a poster on any forum I'm registered on but there's no reason not to try and change that for a bit!

I finally managed to score 27 correct answers and pass the test! The more I did it, the more I learned. Thanks to Aazealh for creating such a fun and educative test.

Now, my hunt for a perfect score has begun.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
EeXerO said:
I finally managed to score 27 correct answers and pass the test! The more I did it, the more I learned. Thanks to Aazealh for creating such a fun and educative test.

Congratulations! :ubik: I don't think I ever got a perfect score. But I got to where I could pass it consistently.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EeXerO said:

Congratulations EeXerO, and I'm glad you like my little quiz. =)

Walter said:
Congratulations! :ubik: I don't think I ever got a perfect score.

Stuck at 28. :slan:

Walter said:
Congratulations! :ubik:
Aazealh said:
Congratulations EeXerO, and I'm glad you like my little quiz. =)

Thanks. :)

Walter said:
I don't think I ever got a perfect score. But I got to where I could pass it consistently.

It's pretty much the same for me, but on a lower level. The past week I haven't gotten below 23 correct answers even once. The days when I had to have luck to even gather 16 correct answers seem so far away now. Progress! <3
Speaking of which, my high score is now 28!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
Remeber doing this awhile ago and thinking I did horrible, apperently I made the top 20! haha. Not that I think the score is good....

I'm sure it could get better if you gave it a serious shot. And that goes for everybody else as well. Perseverance does wonders. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
Out of curiosity, how many submissions have you received?

Hundreds. Can't be much more precise than that as there have been too many to count them precisely without spending an hour on it.

Griffith

I have a suggestion for the leader board; since the emphasis is on knowledge, and the timer merely a tool to maintain integrity, shouldn't the earlier entries of the same score come first? Even considering speed as a tiebreaker, the scores of earlier entries were achieved much faster in a real world sense than a score from hours, days, or even weeks later (e.g. if one gets a 28 on the test in 4 minutes, and if someone else starts the quiz exactly an hour later than the first person did and finishes with the same score in 3 minutes, than the second person's score is technically 59 minutes slower, not a minute faster). I think it's a better representation of the intellectual achievement we're striving for than an external safeguard that basically amounts to measuring hand speed. :griffnotevil:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to extend congratulations to Maximilian, who achieved a perfect score of 30 twice in the last couple of days, and managed to get one in only 1:26. I don't know who you are, but tip my hat to you just as I have to past winners of this quiz.

Griffith

This brings back memories, some of the exchanges in here are great:

Aazealh said:
Leaderboard updated! Congrats to Griff, the first to have won! Though it might have been a stroke of luck... :daiba:
Griffith said:
Not according to my freshly minted 28. :griffnotevil:
Aazealh said:
Not bad, not bad. I can't diss the numero uno, that's how cool it is to be at the top. :slan:

:ganishka:

Where's the super mega champion's edition that'll destroy us all? I mean, you should basically just fucking cheat, Aaz, "Can you identify these pixels from the series? No multiple choice, you must type the answer in the exact format of my choose, which you must decipher yourself like an old text-based adventure game. All answers must be in Japanese. You have 5 seconds." lol

And have Puella do the same, so maybe even YOU can't ace the quiz, Mastermind! :daiba:

Top Bottom