New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, that was something. :carcus:

I reserve further comment for after the initial excitement dies down.

HERE IT IS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUXUtSNYpIw

AND HERE IT IS AGAIN (WITH LOUDER AUDIO) - watch this one instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g

[thanks to Walter for the screens and for telling me how to bypass the proxy!]

PS, if anyone can translate text and dialogue, please let me know, and I will add to the youtube video. Thanks!​

Wow looks like i got home just in time. Still Digesting it, vey intense and alot of CG. It looks like they will be splicing in sections from different arcs, pretty much confirmed if this is "The Official Trailer" for the first movie.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
This was a great trailer. While I think some of the CGI could be blended in a bit better, overall this looks HUGE. I'm very impressed.

The music is probably just trailer music, so maybe there's still a chance to see Susumu Hirasawa involved.

turkitage

ターク
Sammoniac said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

^ what he said.

Also, Derek, thanks dude for posting it on youtube. I feel real iffy about the CG in the first scene of Guts where the camera zooms in. Otherwise, I like I like.

:ubik:

I liked the castle raid clips the most. Casca's face is honestly a mixed bag to me. Although she doesn't look quite right really at all, she to me fits in with the art style of particularity Guts from what I've seen in this trailer. I think Griffith is the most accurate facially. Very nice trailer, the Beherit still gives me the creeps.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
It looks like they will be splicing in sections from different arcs, pretty much confirmed if this is "The Official Trailer" for the first movie.
No, not necessarily. Looks more like they were just padding the trailer with the CM/test footage.

The war scenes... are fucking AWESOME. Man oh man. And you know, this CG war stuff is gonna come in REALLY handy as Berserk progresses. I mean, just wow.

The faces I'm fine with. They have a slightly *different* look, but I think they are overall good. Certainly, Casca looks better in this trailer than in the poster art. And the shots at 22 seconds, with Casca and Guts at night, slicing and dicing, I think they look AWESOME (you will have to pause it to see Casca's face, but it looks great IMO).

And even that old hag looks freaking badass! SHEEEEYIT.

Ahhhhhh BERSERK. How you make me feel like a little boy all over again. I'm so thrilled!

DirectDK said:
The faces I'm fine with. They have a slightly *different* look, but I think they are overall good. Certainly, Casca looks better in this trailer than in the poster art. And the shots at 22 seconds, with Casca and Guts at night, slicing and dicing, I think they look AWESOME (you will have to pause it to see Casca's face, but it looks great IMO).

rtyrtyrty.jpg

Yeah, I agree with ya.

The CGI stands out a lot to me. I think I'm going to have to get used to the CGI animation style all together, not really used to seeing this kind of animation. :guts:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
awesome! thanks for uploading DirectDK! :serpico:

DirectDK said:
Ahhhhhh BERSERK. How you make me feel like a little boy all over again. I'm so thrilled!
I feel like a giddy school girl! :troll:

So nobody knows if Susumu Hirasawa is involved yet? I think if he was involved they would have announced it by now.. i watched the trailer with Forces as the music.. epic! especially at 0:17

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
So the nobody knows yet if Susumu Hirasawa is involved yet? I think if he was involved they would have announced it by now..
There has been no indication of his involvement whatsoever. The music in the trailer sounds just like your standard trailer fare. I don't expect the final soundtrack to resemble it.

If you want, you could follow Susumu on Twitter: http://twitter.com/hirasawa But so far, he's said nothing of Berserk throughout his 4,000 tweet career, even though over the past few weeks, several people have asked.

The battle scenes look incredible, they're going to fill a big void where the old amine is concerned at least. But I'm not sure if I'm happy with the faces in some scenes. It may be just me (as I haven't had a chance to reference it) but guts' face when he is standing behind Griffith doesn't look right to me, almost goofy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
The battle scenes look incredible, they're going to fill a big void where the old amine is concerned at least.
I was impressed with those sequences as well, but I wonder if aspects of that scene were fabricated for the movie. We can learn quite a bit from the images by looking closely at them:

berserkanime-10.jpg

berserkanime-12.jpg

That kind of castle siege weaponry wasn't used in the battles we saw in the Golden Age. The Falcons certainly could never afford it. And the banners visible don't align with anything we know, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a new sequence made to show off Guts' early days as a mercenary. It would make sense for this to be sequentially just before the Bazuso fight.

But I'm not sure if I'm happy with the faces in some scenes. It may be just me (as I haven't had a chance to reference it) but guts' face when he is standing behind Griffith doesn't look right to me, almost goofy.
Goofy is also the word I had in my mind when I took the screenshot :serpico: Honestly though, the only one that really bothers me is Casca. Her character design just doesn't resemble Casca to me at all.

X

Xem

What scene is this from,

berserkanime-05.jpg

I can't seem to recall a scene like this (especially with his helmet on) in the manga.

edit : Forgot to say Woot! :ubik: =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I can't seem to recall a scene like this (especially with his helmet on) in the manga.
Likely volume 4, when Carcus and his goons assault Guts. He strikes that pose just before the first duel with Griffith as well. But indeed, he wasn't wearing a helmet in the manga in either scene.

Walter said:
It would make sense for this to be sequentially just before the Bazuso fight.

berserkanime-10.jpg

berserk_beforebazuso.jpg

Looks about right! :serpico:

Walter said:
Likely volume 4, when Carcus and his goons assault Guts. He strikes that pose just before the first duel with Griffith as well. But indeed, he wasn't wearing a helmet in the manga in either scene.

Interesting about the helmet though... for a second I thought that meant that Guts' helmet didn't crack in half when fighting Bazuso (cuz that's what I remember from the first anime), but I just looked through that part in the manga and his helmet got knocked off by the axe, but it wasn't cracked in half. And immediately after the fight, Guts puts back on the helmet again. However, he's not wearing it when he gets ambushed by Carcus and folk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Continuing on with that theme of comparing the trailer to the manga, I threw this together:

:08 - Volume 5, Golden Age (8)
:11-15 - Volume 4, Golden Age (4)
:16 - Volume 5, Sword Master (1)
:17-20 - Volume 4, Golden Age (3)
:21-22 - Volume 7, Episode 14: Battle
:23 - Volume 5, Nosferatu Zodd (3)
:23 - Volume 12, Episode 77: The Castle
:24 - Volume 9, The Skull Knight
:25-27 - Volume 8, Episode 36: Morning of the Journey (3)
:28 - Volume 12, Episode 72: In the Alleyways of a Boy
:29 - Volume 22, Episode 180: Reunion on the Hill of Swords
:30 - Volume 16, Episode 119: Holy Iron Chain Knights Squad (1)

Hope it's of some use! (probably not...)

Walter said:
Continuing on with that theme of comparing the trailer to the manga, I threw this together:

Hope it's of some use! (probably not...)

Oh I love SK.net! Nah, that's totally cool info to know! Thanks Wally =) If it wasn't 4:30am here I would pull up the matching manga panels and post them up. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow if I feel like procrastinating again. Seriously, all productivity tonight was ruined because of the trailer. But hey, it's BERSERK. Greatest thing in the world.

Hi guys, first time poster!

Aazealh said:
We definitely won't see them in the first movie.
Still a bit surprised we'd have footage (even possibly test footage) from later arcs like that in a trailer for the first movie...

Wild theory (might very well have been mentioned before, sorry):
If they skip the first volumes to jump into the Golden Age arc directly, that means movie audiences (unlike manga readers) won't know that Griffith eventually becomes Guts' enemy, right? Maybe there will still be something. And maybe that something won't be from the first volumes of the manga, if you catch my drift...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom