Author Topic: Berserk Saga Project News  (Read 785733 times)

Offline frankencowx

Re: Berserk Saga Project News
« Reply #2975 on: March 11, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
Is that a tablet guitar??

Offline Deci

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #2976 on: March 11, 2013, 07:36:53 PM »
Where there is a will there is a way haha. i just need to see the fight between Lord Mozgus and Guts. We all know they should have done it true to the manga like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood but we gotta take what we can get fellas. I know im not the only one who wants to see some animated Black Swordsman action.

At this point I go back and forth with post-Eclipse animation, particularly with this project. At least at this point I still yell, "You gotta read the manga to see what's next!"... On the other hand for personal fanservice I'd like to see them at least attempt to recreate some of my favorite scenes. The Hill of Swords, Flora's house, and Guts & co at Vrittanis for example.

I kinda shudder to think about how studio 4C would handle stuff like the heretic orgies at Albion or Guts in the Qliphoth with Slan..  :magni:

Offline SamNeillium

« Reply #2977 on: March 11, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »
I kinda shudder to think about how studio 4C would handle stuff like the heretic orgies at Albion or Guts in the Qliphoth with Slan..  :magni:

CG orgies and sensitive nipples. :ubik:

Offline mc ultra

« Reply #2978 on: March 12, 2013, 12:46:51 AM »
They shouldn't skip the slug count story arc. I know they wanna do demonic fairies and all but I for one would prefer to see the slug count get blasted in his face with a canon first. It always amused me how the apostles are all high and mighty until Guts turns the table on them.

Offline puppet12ca

« Reply #2979 on: March 12, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
I think the existence of this edition was mentioned in this thread at some point before but anyway here is an unboxing video of a limited edition of the first film that was apparently released in Russia I'm a little cheesed we did not get this in North America also it appears to be unless I'm mistaken a DVD/Blu-ray Combo pack another thing I'm pissed we did not get

http://youtu.be/Z21x0nXXq18

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2980 on: March 12, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
They shouldn't skip the slug count story arc.
It's called the Black Swordsman Arc.

I think the existence of this edition was mentioned in this thread at some point before but anyway here is an unboxing video of a limited edition of the first film that was apparently released in Russia I'm a little cheesed we did not get this in North America
Movies get licensed by a number of companies for release in their respective countries, so of course different countries get different-looking special editions. That being said, this thing is pure novelty. A wood case, from which spills forth random anime cards? That's just fucking bizarre...

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #2981 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:06 PM »
A wood case, from which spills forth random anime cards? That's just fucking bizarre...

Those calendars/ cards are from the store the uploader of the video purchased the box from, as part of a pre-order bonus. The box originally comes with the first movie BR/ DVD with it's slipcover, booklet, an A1 poster and 1 Berserk postcard.

Sakura Con is in March, Fanime is in May, and Anime Expo is in July. Oh, and San Diego Comic Con is in July as well.

Otakon's during the last weekend of July too and this year they're doing Otakon-Vegas I think.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #2982 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »
Otakon's during the last weekend of July too and this year they're doing Otakon-Vegas I think.
Oh fuck that would be perfect. I'll go, gamble my ass off, get all crunked up, and finally live my dream of cosplaying as Puck. Flesh colored skin suit, fairy wings, and all... First I need to gain back those 50 lbs.

Offline puppet12ca

« Reply #2983 on: March 13, 2013, 02:49:20 AM »
Oh fuck that would be perfect. I'll go, gamble my ass off, get all crunked up, and finally live my dream of cosplaying as Puck. Flesh colored skin suit, fairy wings, and all... First I need to gain back those 50 lbs.

Regular, Chestnut or Costume Chestnut(Yoda, Priest, Zupuck ect)?

personally if you can pull it off I think it would be pretty cool

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #2984 on: March 13, 2013, 04:07:56 AM »
Regular, Chestnut or Costume Chestnut(Yoda, Priest, Zupuck ect)?

personally if you can pull it off I think it would be pretty cool
I always wanted to pull off a fat drunk version of "normal" puck who hasn't shaved in 3 days. Unfortunately I'm not fat anymore.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2985 on: March 13, 2013, 04:17:56 AM »
Unfortunately I'm not fat anymore.
You need to go... deeper. Hone your method. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_acting

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #2986 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
You need to go... deeper. Hone your method. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_acting
Good point. I must live like a fat elf. Then I shall become him.

Anyway, I've been wondering. Is this Berserk movie project the goriest thing Viz has released? I wonder. I bet there's going to be some problems putting out movie 3. Though I could be entirely wrong.

Offline Lukis

« Reply #2987 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »
Good point. I must live like a fat elf. Then I shall become him.

Anyway, I've been wondering. Is this Berserk movie project the goriest thing Viz has released? I wonder. I bet there's going to be some problems putting out movie 3. Though I could be entirely wrong.
I think Berserk is goriest they are doing. Naoki Urasawa's Monster,was I wouldn't say gory but more bloody than 90% VIZ has done. Since VIZ mostly does ''popular'' anime mostly ,like Naruto and other boring stuff. Berserk might even get new 16+ section for anime. Though manga's ,damn VIZ has some great and even gory stuff like Junji Ito's mangas like Gyo,Tomie,Spiral e.t.c

Offline SuperVegetto

« Reply #2988 on: March 14, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
Is there a manga or even comic gorier than Berserk?

I think Berserk is goriest they are doing. Naoki Urasawa's Monster,was I wouldn't say gory but more bloody than 90% VIZ has done. Since VIZ mostly does ''popular'' anime mostly ,like Naruto and other boring stuff. Berserk might even get new 16+ section for anime. Though manga's ,damn VIZ has some great and even gory stuff like Junji Ito's mangas like Gyo,Tomie,Spiral e.t.c

Subjective

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #2989 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »

Yes.

Offline Irvine

« Reply #2990 on: March 14, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »

Shigurui for example.

Offline puppet12ca

« Reply #2991 on: March 15, 2013, 07:15:22 AM »
Shigurui for example.

haven't read the manga but saw the anime I remember the gore striking a cord not so much for the content itself but more for how it was presented and focused on
good anime but ended on a cliffhanger

Offline Urosh

« Reply #2992 on: March 15, 2013, 11:22:31 AM »
Some time ago I was trying to get into Gantz, for the gore and action. Realizing that both were pretty dull I never returned to it.

So yeah, it might be gorier in comparison with Berserk but in Gantz, the action becomes too silly.
"It's!"

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #2993 on: March 20, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »
Speaking of that Berserk thing, this made me laugh
http://i.imgur.com/VjWwJyb.jpg

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2994 on: March 20, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
Funny count: 0.  :void:

Offline Johnny Apples

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #2995 on: March 20, 2013, 02:25:12 PM »

At least this is probably the best summary of this Berserk project so far   :troll:

Offline puppet12ca

« Reply #2996 on: March 20, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »
meh I would have mentioned adon being captured and the absence of his brother but that was pretty funny I gotta admit

Offline Jaze1618

« Reply #2997 on: March 20, 2013, 08:07:48 PM »
Griff's speech about what a friend is had me laugh out loud. :ubik:

Also  :ganishka: at the marginalization of Boscone in movie 2 as "Guts kills some guy"

Offline Tenfarther

« Reply #2998 on: March 21, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »
At least this is probably the best summary of this Berserk project so far   :troll:

I like it better than all those articles praising its greatness.  Reminds me of when Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull came out.  Gawd, thinking of those reviews still gives me migraines.  :schierke:

Offline Gill

« Reply #2999 on: March 22, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
My favourite is "That sounds like something I'd remember."
It makes me laugh and cry at the same time...