Author Topic: Subs or Dubs?  (Read 4452 times)

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
Re: Subs or Dubs?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
Subs for me. Among Dubs, Animax released a different Dub for Rurouni Kenshin and Inu Yasha which I prefer a lot more than what's distributed in North America.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Tama

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »
Almost always the original language with subtitles. It's funny because when I started watching Japanese anime 16 years ago I would only listen to the English dubs but now looking back at them as an adult I can't get past how hammy most of the acting is, along with the translations being way off. There are however a few dubs that I think are decent like Slayers. I have met Lisa Ortiz, Eric Stuart and Crispin Freeman and can say that they have a lot of passion for trying to get the voices as close to the original as possible.

Offline Lukis

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »
Mostly subs,though I have specially bought anime like Clannad,Kanon,Air Dubbed since I kinda like their dubs,same with Golden Boy and Ninja Scroll ..I watched Berserk '97 series first dubbed too,so when I watched Jap version I was blown away. I try to avoid dubs,but I recently got Phantom Requiem for The Phantom BD edition and this might be one of rare Funimation have done somewhat decently

Offline Surakemastura

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
I recall when I first found the '97 Berserk anime, I was faced with this choice. I decided that since this had a Medieval Europe setting, it would be more realistic if the characters spoke English instead of Japanese.

I've been pretty adamant about watching subbed versions ever since.