Author Topic: Berserk Mobile Game: Steady Advance (Anime-Inspired)  (Read 6207 times)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Berserk Mobile Game: Steady Advance (Anime-Inspired)
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:08:59 AM »
http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=759

A social game for iOS/Android and GREE will debut at E3 2012, developed by GREE, a worldwide mobile social gaming network.

You play as the leader of a mercenary group in the Berserk world, and train your troops daily.

Was produced in cooperation with Studio 4℃ and will have battle scenes animated by them.

Set to launch in winter (weird timing).

A few more things worth noting: GREE isn't simply a developer, it's a social network in Japan that has gobbled up a number of developers and game development tools in recent  years (Funzio and OpenFeint being larger examples), hence their claim to be a mobile developer.

The other interesting thing is that this is apparently debuting at E3, which means it's coming to the US. Here's a picture of GREE's E3 booth, no sign of Berserk yet: https://twitter.com/GREE_Corp/status/210084931165106176/photo/1/large

/////

Some pictures:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:20:01 PM by Walter »
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
A Berserk social game? Now I've seen everything! :ganishka:

Granted, if the overhead is low enough, it'll be a nice quick buck for the creators to make in addition to the movies. It's sad though, because outside of PvP I can't say I'm expecting anything substantial or rewarding out of it. :sad:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
A Berserk social game? Now I've seen everything! :ganishka:

Granted, if the overhead is low enough, it'll be a nice quick buck for the creators to make in addition to the movies. It's sad though, because outside of PvP I can't say I'm expecting anything substantial or rewarding out of it. :sad:
It sounds like Farmville with Berserk mercenaries. I'm not thrilled about this either.  :femto:

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
It sounds like Farmville with Berserk mercenaries. I'm not thrilled about this either.  :femto:
My thoughts were along the same lines, though the first game that came to mind was Empires and Allies (another game made by Zynga where you build up an army). If I were GREE, that would be the perfect game to model this Berserk title after, since it includes a decently fun PvP element. Of course, being a social game, it's going to suck the money out of anybody who plays, unless it's one of those pay-to-play deals.

In any case, despite my doubts, I'll probably still give it a try if I have a smartphone by winter. :daiba:

Offline Groovy Metal Fist

I think the Golden Age setting would work really well with a Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age: Origins style game.

Farmville, on the other hand, is not a game. It's a virus that turns humans into spambots.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Not the new Berserk game I was hoping for. Count me out.

In any case, despite my doubts, I'll probably still give it a try if I have a smartphone by winter. :daiba:

Got the message Johnny? :troll:

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
Not the new Berserk game I was hoping for. Count me out.

Got the message Johnny? :troll:
Loud and clear.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Nearly a year after its announcement, finally some details (and images) surface about this shitty game : http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/06/03/67073.html

Only thing of note... there's a "world map"  :ganishka:

Offline Johnny Apples

Nearly a year after its announcement, finally some details (and images) surface about this shitty game : http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/06/03/67073.html

Only thing of note... there's a "world map"  :ganishka:

:ganishka:

You just really know that Miura was not involved in any capacity whatsoever in the making of this game, when you see that all the Berserk-related imagery is lifted straight from Studio 4℃ movies  :void:

Offline Arles

Re: Berserk Mobile Game: Steady Advance (Anime-Inspired)
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »
A new videogame called "Berserk Steady Advance! Surging Waves of Soldier Companies" (ベルセルク~快進撃!怒涛の傭兵団~) was released in the Japanese site GREE as one of their social media games, available for iPhone via the iTunes App Store.

A little info from Siliconera.com:
This spin-off of the popular Berserk series puts players in charge of their own mercenary company, recruiting soldiers to form ranks of cavalry, swordsmen or archers and then sending them off to battle.
You’ll be able to affect the number of troops, health of your units and so forth depending on the rarity and strengths of your commanders, but there’s surprisingly little on how actual combat flows in the game.
From what we understand, once battle is joined—with cel-shaded units on a 3D battlefield—players touch the screen to issue basic commands and watch their units fight it out against opposing enemies.

Sadly, it's not available in the west (or at least in my country, since I haven't been able to access the game).

Links:
Review at Siliconera.com
iTunes App Store
Japanese Review at inside-games.jp
The game at gree.net
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:20:18 PM by Walter »

"I will never forget about you / On this unbearable road I yet stand, alone"