How bout the Best animes!!

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
Oh hell yeah. I now have the theme song music stuck in my head... Du du dududu du... LOL. I also read somewhere they made a manga outta the game. (Lawfer's death was better explained. He was killed by a vampire.) But THAT would be the ANIME/GAME dot hack should've been. An the stand alone death's of einharijars would be sweet and touching, earning serval awards in my Tragic Character poll (Think Tower of Lezard Valius!! Loreta's death was pretty sad, definetally not the saddiest but when Valkrie gathers her soul it looks damn cool!)

Manslayer

Caska is white, she's just tan.
Guts is Arngrim reincarnated.

Arngrim kicked so much ass. I hated how he killed himself though. Definitely not something Guts would do.

Valkyrie Profile is excellent.

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
Okay this guy reeks coolness just listen to what he says (INSIDE HIS MIND...

Arngrim : (Lombert was playing two hands. He knew the abduction would be discovered, so he sent some "medicine" along with the search party —————— If we made it all the way to Villnore, no problem. But if we were discovered, the cavalry would use the "medicine"... He knew the princess would be unconscious if she was found. The medicine's effect was as you see. The princess became a monster, and afterwards, all were dead.
Perhaps even the princess...)

Arngrim : (Maybe he made the right choice. I don't know, But, I wasn't going to run. Even on the field of battle. I'd never felt like this. Lombert... I'm going to kill you.)

Arngrim : (Battle is my greatest pleasure... But, this was different. You think it's foolish, brother, because you're content with what you have. You're wrong!! It was through others' misfortune that I felt myself to be strong. That's right... I was myself without morals. Who was I to judge others? Who was I to look down on them? Injustice. I began to realize that the King and I were very much the same ——————)

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
Also anyone beat the Seraphic gate? And I just FF6, and all I have to say this game was the best RPG I've ever played... Next to Morrowind that is...

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Yes, I beat it :D.
I will re-launch the game because I don't remember the levels of my characters (about Lv 75-80 for my 4 main characters).

But I remember that I have finished the game in hard and with the true good ending (not the one which only have 2 sentences from Freya >:( )
And I have found all crystals in all secrets level (8)so that I could unlock Lezard Valeth, Brams, Freya (they rock!) and all ultimate weapons in seraphic gate.

But even with this it was pain in the ass to beat the last boss of seraphic gate.

brams.gif
freya.gif
lezard.gif
valkyrie.gif

Arngrim.gif

Amadeus

When dark and mysterious goes wrong... BE AFRAID!!
Let's see.....

Berserk, Inuyasha, Slayers, Rurouni Kenshin (In general), ANYTHING by Miyazaki, Neon Genesis Evangelion, And CowBoy Bebop.

Intersting selection ne'? Oh yeah, to the one who started this post, I SO think Square should make FFVII into an anime! That would ROCK! Well, That and Chrono Trigger for the good ol' SNES. Ahhh I miss the thirty-two bit games...

~*Amadeus*~

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
WAS it a series? All I saw was a single ova ep. It was all the monsters from the game running around the night before the mellenium fair.

C

castrateme

I'm going to make some recommendations that nobody else here seems to have said.

As for a movie, I would strongly recommend "Jin-Roh". Many people I've talked to find it "boring" and "slow", but I was captivated by it. It has a cold and depressing tone throughout the film, somewhat like Berserk. No idiotic humor present throughout it, which I loved. And it has sweet animation! (if a bit drab)

As for a series... Armored Trooper VOTOMS. It's an extremely old and obscure series, but from those who have actually watched it... they only had positive things to say about it. It's my favorite mecha series.

And to the joker who called Shinji from NGE a pussy. He's just the opposite. I tell you right now, it takes some fucking BALLS to pilot those big monsters and fight Angels of such power. I know that none of us would have enough balls to do anything like that.

shinji was more pressured into piloting the eva and on countless occasions he would freak out and cower while the eva took over and faught for him. If I remember right, one episode he was described as just going through life being told what to do, which is exactly how and why he piloted the eva, because he was told to. It is like he has no will of his own. For that he is a coward.

Majin_Tenshi

namayias said:
shinji was more pressured into piloting the eva and on countless occasions he would freak out and cower while the eva took over and faught for him. If I remember right, one episode he was described as just going through life being told what to do, which is exactly how and why he piloted the eva, because he was told to. It is like he has no will of his own. For that he is a coward.
Its not fun when every hero is superpowered or superbrave. Sometimes its better when a character, even the hero, has deep flaws. It makes them human.

Watch EoE sometime, SHINJI strangles Asuka. Its not the Eva that goes berserk neccesarily.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Vercingetorix said:
And to the joker who called Shinji from NGE a pussy. He's just the opposite. I tell you right now, it takes some fucking BALLS to pilot those big monsters and fight Angels of such power. I know that none of us would have enough balls to do anything like that.

I think I was the joker who initially called Shinji a pussy. ;D Then, namayias joined in for some Shinji bashing. Someone should form an anti-Shinji coalition one day.

Anyhow, addressing your point that Shinji had balls, I highly disagree. Shinji is a PUSSY. Asuka and Rei had more balls than him and they carried just as much emotional baggage as he did. It doesn't take a heroic figure or Superman to fight those Angels. Anybody would do the same in his situation. Hell, if the world is about to get destroyed, you bet lots of people would be motivated to fight back. Nothing gets people fired up when their homeland/country is in danger of being overrun by an oppressor/conqueror (a.k.a. the Angels in this case). What really irritated me was that Shinji showed signs of being brave towards the end of the series and then converted back to his whiny, snivelling state. Oh, did I mention that he jacked off to Asuka's comatose body... yuck. Sick kid.

Its not fun when every hero is superpowered or superbrave. Sometimes its better when a character, even the hero, has deep flaws. It makes them human.

Watch EoE sometime, SHINJI strangles Asuka. Its not the Eva that goes berserk neccesarily.

I don't mind the fact that Shinji is a deeply flawed character with some serious emotional baggage. What aggravates me is how self-absorbed he is and how he thinks the whole world is on his back. Jesus Christ, not everybody in the world lives a contented life but you deal with it. Look at Guts; he's probably more fucked up than any anime character yet, he still fights back against overwhelming odds. Fighting back and having the will to go on even when you're down takes character; pussying out and being self-absorbed doesn't.

Majin_Tenshi

Bok Choy said:
I don't mind the fact that Shinji is a deeply flawed character with some serious emotional baggage. What aggravates me is how self-absorbed he is and how he thinks the whole world is on his back. Jesus Christ, not everybody in the world lives a contented life but you deal with it.
hmmm... Lets see... as far as he knows, if the angels aren't stoped, its the end of the world.. . Oh, and Rei and Asuka prove to be ineffective/ he "has" to protect women.

Bok Choy said:
Look at Guts; he's probably more fucked up than any anime character yet, he still fights back against overwhelming odds. Fighting back and having the will to go on even when you're down takes character; pussying out and being self-absorbed doesn't.
Theres a big difference between Guts and Shinji. Guts entire life has been a struggle against death. Its the only place he is comfortable. Shinji is thrown into battle and it scares him.

It is a not a brave man but a fool who does not have fear.
A brave man is one who acts despite fear. ;D

like bok choy said before Asuka showed more bravery and still had alot of character flaws. Shinji was willing to give up in the end while Asuka pushed herself in battle to fight. She may have been ineffective in the long run but she did show her bravery. I agree with much of what bok choy stated. However Eva is still a great anime because of the development of these characters whether or not one of them is more so a coward.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Saint Seiya!!I know it's not very well known in the states,to say the least,but that's truly one of the most beautiful-awe inspiring anime tv series ever made.Ah,and those new Hadès OVA are pretty neat,too!!!Guys,get around it!!

G

Genn21

:D , one of my new favorite animes E's Otherwise , ya it kicks total ass i mean beside these other animes today about female conans, giant mecha fighting, and people fighting in mecha it gets kinda redudant ..(dont you think) E's is focused on a psychic military installation made up of highly trained psychics but when a new boy enters the program being a secret project by the creator , organization members start getting upheved and wanna put him to the test, its not just the emotional crap in this anime the main character has to face..! ITS THE FIGHTING the psychic battle scenes rock i mean ive seen fight scenes before but these just kick you got powers like akira (which is the only reason i like that tetsuo moron anyways ) flinging crap at eachother and blowing shit skyward like it was a gay launch panel at nasa, id say everyone should try E's once evan those who are sucked into the berserk creed and wont come out of there house without a manga in there hand, this anime could be the one that changes you

es-otherwise-ep01-059.jpg

Top Bottom