Volume 39 release

vj04oX9.jpg

Release date is June 23

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
This feel surreal but I think I like it. Except the new design around the edges. I keep forgetting they did that...

Menosgade said:
I believe it's the angle. Plus it's not that high res pic.
Either this or maybe Guts will be cured as well.

Loving the cover btw, i never thought Berserk will have a very colorful cover like this. It's amazing!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Gorgeous! Creative play of light and shadow, multiple characters, lots o' green! I feel like it's been a while since we had such a verdant cover. A very welcome departure from the "Guts swinging his sword" collection. I hope this is the beginning of a new trend.

Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this one! :carcus:

Absolutely awesome cover. It's exactly what I was hoping for.

I can't wait to hold it in my hands hah.

jackson_hurley

Killakcin said:
I've got the english translation on pre-order. Can't wait!

Are you sure it's for volume 39? Because vol 38 is not out yet in English and will probably only be release next year I'd say.

As for me I think I'll get it the japanese version faster then I expected since it'll contain a bunch of my so-far-favorite episodes.

jackson_hurley said:
Are you sure it's for volume 39? Because vol 38 is not out yet in English and will probably only be release next year I'd say.

Dark Horse's Volume 38 comes out July 18th this year. I haven't heard anything about volume 39, but I doubt we'll see that until at least 2018.

jackson_hurley

N7Paladin said:
Dark Horse's Volume 38 comes out July 18th this year. I haven't heard anything about volume 39, but I doubt we'll see that until at least 2018.

I meant vol 39 will probably be put next year. I already knew that 38 was gonna be out in july from Dark Horse. My bad though for I was not clear in my last message.

And like you said, I also haven't found anything about vol 39 in english. I just wanted to make sure Killakcin was talking about vol 38 and not 39.

:guts:

jackson_hurley said:
I meant vol 39 will probably be put next year. I already knew that 38 was gonna be out in july from Dark Horse. My bad though for I was not clear in my last message.

And like you said, I also haven't found anything about vol 39 in english. I just wanted to make sure Killakcin was talking about vol 38 and not 39.

:guts:

Is there any info on the volume 39's page count? The amount of pages could give us a clue for as to how many episodes will be contained within

Hitoshura said:
196 pages according to Amazon.jp.

Hmmm...Volume 39 is currently running at about 141 pages, which means there's 55 pages left to go, maybe less if things like the title page or the table of contents count. Mathematically, we could surmise that this volume could contain three more episodes for a total of 10...but we've only got two more months to go before v39 is released.

Eight episodes would be a conservative guess. Nine if they release e351 in both Young Animal and the volume real close to one another or on the same day. Or maybe, and this is the overly optimistic guess: we could have three more episodes to look forward to in v39 (and at least three more this year), and we might get two episodes in June.

EDIT--

And Aaz just ninja'd my attempt to correct this post. :iva:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cyrus Jong said:
Hmmm...Volume 39 is currently running at about 141 pages, which means there's 55 pages left to go, maybe less if things like the title page or the table of contents count. So we could be in for at least three more episodes this year, albeit some relatively short ones like 349, with v39 containing a nice round 10 episodes in total.

Volume 39 will likely have 9 episodes, just like the previous ones. Trying to deduce anything precise from volume page counts is a fool's errand.

For info:

Aazealh said:
Volume 35 will be 236 pages (like volumes 25, 26, 27, 28), less than what we've been getting recently (252 pages for volume 34, 244 for volume 33) [...] For reference, counting only the episodes themselves we have 216 pages of material in volume 34 with 10 episodes and 196 pages of material in volume 35 with 9 episodes. And now for an even more interesting fact: volume 31 had 196 pages of material with 10 episodes, and volume 30 had 194 pages. Volume 24 might have had even less.

Top Bottom