Lith's colors & tutorials

Sweeet!!!! :guts:

Thank you so very much. That is exactly how I always imagined him. I really, really liked how it looks.

If you are still interested in experimenting with it, when I showed the black and white pic to my wife she said she thought it would be sandy (I'm not sure if that's enough info, though)

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Cool, glad you liked it m! I might give a sandy/rocky version of Grunbeld a try too sometime. :guts:

Today, another new work in progress, it seems my attention span is bad lately... :casca:

Sonia being badass! I just need to make a canon color check on her outfit before I proceed.

thumb_300_5.jpg

full: http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/300_5.jpg

Icy grunbeld rocks!! I too always thought that is how he would look. If not even a few tones more towards white. Still very attractive.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Lithrael said:
Today, another new work in progress, it seems my attention span is bad lately... :casca:

Sonia being badass! I just need to make a canon color check on her outfit before I proceed.

thumb_300_5.jpg

full: http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/300_5.jpg

Excellent scene to color, can't wait for the finished product. :serpico:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I like it a lot so far! Sonia's eyes create a nice contrast against the background, and her armor seems to have a lot of depth to it.

Lithrael

Thanks all! :guts: Glad you like the helmet, Grail & Proj! I've been having a hell of a time figuring out how to do shiny metal, even with the good advice of a couple of the artists here. I probably ought to go look for a tutorial. But I'm very glad to hear my shiny metal shading is now leaning more towards not-crap. :ganishka:

No trouble, Ramen, those bits are only blocked in right now, I'll do them after I shade the rest of her clothes & the horse. I probly ought to check if any of the trading cards have art of her on this horse so I can get canon colors on him & his tack. :carcus:

And Proj! You tease! You've so got to finish up and post some of the stuff you're working on! It's like... :beast: After work I'll have an in depth look at the previews you showed me and see if I can come up with any good ideas.

X

Xem

You seriously seem born for this sometimes imo. Lithrael + Berserk + Colorization = Perfect.

Thanks Lith!! New background for sure!

Lithrael

Thanks Handsome, VHB, you guys are awesome. :carcus: Aw Deci you'll make me blush...

Okay Sonia is done! Critique welcome of course. I think it came out really nice but Sonia still doesn't really pop out, yet the scene doesn't look right to me if I use the standard trick of desaturating the background. Then again I kind of like the scene with a strong background. Hmmm...

sonia_src.jpg

full size: http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/04_05_color.jpg

full res, cropped to desktop dimensions: http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/soniapony.jpg

Yay!

It looks a LOT better than before. I like it, though something about the sword still bugs me but whatever. Maybe it's the grip, I've been staring at it for the last 5 minutes but I can't decide if it looks more like a metal or leather grip. If it's a metal grip then the way you have it now is more or less fine but if it's a leather grip, you could try a one color leather like black or brown, or give her a bit more exquisite sword with a dual pattern, like brown/black, black/white.. etc. I don't know. It might be fine the way it is.

Lithrael

Thanks guys, and thanks Walter, I'm so happy that I'm starting to get the hang of coloring shiny stuff! I still gotta add some sophistication though, now I notice I've got 2-3 light sources on her helmet but only one on her armor.

Ramen, yeah, I was assuming the grip is metal (it looked like wrapped wire to me) so I just tried to do a hint of a gold tone on the grip, guard and pommel, steel for the rest. I'll try it as leather later and see if it looks good. I was assuming leather for the length of the scabbard too though I'm not real sure about that either.

Next up I'm working on Irvine's closeup. Unless the next episode has something to tear me away from that! :ganishka:

Lithrael

Thanks, guys! *big holiday cheer smooches*

Yeah, I love how the teeth and eyes came out! I'm only just now starting to dare to use burn/dodge in photoshop, it makes some nice effects, but it's so easy to use cheaply/badly. At this point I'm getting into more of photoshop's color manipulation powers, but with most of the tools, I'm wrestling a lot with controlling saturation. It's fun though when I compare my base colors with how great it looks after I fart around with various settings for half an hour. I think the next thing I gotta learn is how to just go for broke and use colors in a more naturally mixed way, the way classically trained artists like vee209 do it.

Top Bottom