Guts: The High School Mascot?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I should have posted about this long ago, when it actually happened, but it ended up at the bottom of my "I'm never wearing that" drawer of clothes.

Several years ago, I was at a party in Athens. My friend Cronus told some guy there that I ran a Berserk website, and the guy comes up and tells me how much he loves the series etc., etc. Then he tells me he'd convinced their Senior Class to get Guts on their Senior T-Shirts, as their school's mascot is THE CRUSADERS (apparently that translates to any dude with a sword). So the guy goes out to his car and brings back a horribly smelly, wrinkled and soiled shirt with a rendition of Guts, clad in blue on the back of it. I was amazed... So amazed that when he passed out that night I put it in my car and he never saw it again :guts: He called and asked for it back a few years later, but I'd already moved. Sorry, Alan XD.

Click for a close-up.​

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Haha, that is pretty cool! Although, is it just me or does his right foot look messed up? Like it's broken or something.

But still, thats pretty neat. I would love having our mascot be Guts :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That's great, Walter. It's the guy's own fault for passing out with such cool merchandise around. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
Haha, that is pretty cool! Although, is it just me or does his right foot look messed up? Like it's broken or something.
Yeah, Guts right ankle was broken from all his CRUSADING, I guess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If my high school had had a mascot I would have wanted it to be Guts, too. :guts: The drawing's a bit amateurish but who cares.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I would want to do a design like that, if only my class weren't a) the Broncos... -_- or b) made up completely of girls. Typically, girls don't go for the armored warrior look for a class mascot. :judo:

Wished my old high school had something medieval instead of the Spartans as its mascot. Maybe something like that would be on my old alma mater's newspaper/billboard.

Cool shirt overall: just wish that Guts would be looking over his shoulder and giving that mean  "white eye on black face" look he likes to give his enemies. That would have made the shirt more badass. :chomp:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
You're a cruel man Walter (now can I have my free scans?). I guess it's ok though since you shared it. :guts:

For a while my High School was 'the Knights' but now we're 'the Eagles.' I guess Femto or regular Griffith might work, but I don't know if my HS would approve of a demon or a bishi.

Guts would have been a perfect mascot for my highshool. We were the warriors and the colors were black, white and red. Too bad the student union people were knobs. :griff:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My high school mascot was a falcon, but I'm almost positive, due to the shitiness of the administration there, that they would never allow something anime/manga related to be the visual for the mascot. It's a shame, really.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
That is awesome.  I wish Guts could've been my high school mascot.  It's just too bad that most high schools nowadays consist entirely of up-tight personel and 'preppies', which makes getting a cool mascot just about impossible.

Skully would also make one killer mascot.

Top Bottom